UPDATE: Richard Strickland hired at Paul Pewitt

dillonpanthers

2 minutes ago, GoBigBlue said:

No school makes money in the playoffs. The transportation, lodging, and meal costs take all of that. 

In football playoffs schools can & will make money...in other playoff formats you are correct

• Thumbs Down 1

19 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Definitely new territory for us. We had 3 coaches in 24 seasons. With whoever the new guy is, it’ll make 3 coaches in 6 seasons next year. This group of seniors coming up will have had 3 coaches in their 4 years of high school. Never has happened before. 

The constant is Kumrow..... inspite of all the coaching changes the kids continue to win! 

16 hours ago, PewittPride said:

What proof do you have that Pewitt doesn't pay its assistant coaches as good as other similar schools in the area?  Just cause you think it doesn't make it so.  Got anything besides hearsay and rumors to back that up?

"In comparison with neighboring districts, Hughes Springs ISD teachers get paid higher than the average teacher pay in Region 8 ($42,217). Daingerfield ISD pays the highest among the neighboring districts at an average of $45,499. Pewitt CISD pays the lowest among neighboring districts at an average of $43,038."  Source: Texas FOIA Salary Data

Found this on Hughes Springs website when looking for their salary schedule to compare. Guess they did my research for me. 

Stipends are either lower than other schools or not large enough to make up the difference. Source: Actual Coaches that have left. 

13 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Could that be because they have more experienced teachers, which would bump their pay per teacher up? Aren’t teachers paid based on years of experience? Also those two other schools may be rock throwing distance from us, but they both have a massive tax base that we don’t have. We do what we can. 

Hit the nail on the head with the more experienced teachers. Its an average. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Could that be because they have more experienced teachers, which would bump their pay per teacher up? Aren’t teachers paid based on years of experience? Also those two other schools may be rock throwing distance from us, but they both have a massive tax base that we don’t have. We do what we can. 

1 hour ago, lacesout214 said:

Hit the nail on the head with the more experienced teachers. Its an average. 

It could be. You would know that more than me. Is PP struggling to hire/keep experienced teachers? Schools have a base starting salary and will increase salary each year of experience. The amount that it increases by is per school. Maybe its from experience maybe not. PP staff would have to be considerably younger than every other school in the area to bring the average down that much. Probably a little of both low pay and young teachers. To say its just youth with nothing backing that up (Shout out to @PewittPride) sounds like a cop out.

Once again I get the tax base problem NB. PewittPride just asked for evidence to my rumors. I'm not saying there is anything PP can do about the problem just that there is one and its going to affect coaches. 

19 minutes ago, YoungBuckCoach said:

So the OC has been there for decades what about the DC?  Abron being a defensive guy did he have a DC? Would that dude have a chance to take over if they didn't want Kumrow back at the top?

DC is a young guy that has potential - Would be worth a shot in my opinion as long as Kumrow is there to help mentor him!

1 hour ago, MuleSlicks said:

Saw on Facebook.  After being announced Coach of the year by  Dave Campbell.  Coach Abrams leaving the Bulls and going to Mexia.

Dementia is a very bad thing. I'm sorry you deal with that, Muley. You're a day late and a dollar short on this one, lol. 😂

There's already a thread on this. 😉

8 hours ago, mrclean69 said:

"In comparison with neighboring districts, Hughes Springs ISD teachers get paid higher than the average teacher pay in Region 8 ($42,217). Daingerfield ISD pays the highest among the neighboring districts at an average of $45,499. Pewitt CISD pays the lowest among neighboring districts at an average of $43,038."  Source: Texas FOIA Salary Data

Found this on Hughes Springs website when looking for their salary schedule to compare. Guess they did my research for me. 

Stipends are either lower than other schools or not large enough to make up the difference. Source: Actual Coaches that have left. 

That’s misleading. Teachers are paid based on years of experience. A teacher with 15 years makes more than a teacher with 5 years. If HS and Dfield have averages higher than PP then it’s because they have teachers with more years of experience on average. Average pay is not a valid way to evaluate how schools pay. Look at the salary schedule. There’s not 1000 difference between them.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TTman7 said:

Dementia is a very bad thing. I'm sorry you deal with that, Muley. You're a day late and a dollar short on this one, lol. 😂

There's already a thread on this. 😉

It's those damn yellow pills brah.  Was busy all day.  Dang gal didnt show.  Got any Bengay?

• LOL! 2

LOYALTY there is  no more loyal person at Paul Pewitt than Reggie Kumrow  so leaving a school for more money and higher classification isn't wrong.

He has stayed there because of his loyalty and love for the school.  A school board talks about loyalty but only works one way because when

they decide its time for you to go they won't hestitate to pull the trigger.  Coach Abron tried to make it work did everything an AD could possibly do

to improve all sports and took the football team to the ultimate game at Jerryworld  and another team came calling it happens good luck to

him.

• Thanks 3

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Richard Strickland hired at Paul Pewitt