What’s up at Diana

ericflair

6 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Soccer won’t excel in ETX until there are good local club teams.  Someone should get with all of the school in ETX that have soccer and organize town based club teams and start their own league.  

as much as we like to put down “year round sports,” soccer is one of those sports that you want your players to specialize in.  

The greatest teams I’ve ever coached had a soccer kid that was our kicker. They’d kick and be the first one down the field trying to hit someone. Coached a back to back 4 round 6A team with a soccer kicker. He led the team in personal fouls with 7 in two years, all on the KO team.

5 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Palestine (girls) 2016, Kilgore Boys 2017, Lufkin Boys last year?  Other than that, ETX has not been a factor in soccer from ETX.  The fact is that schools like Stephenville and Midlothian Heritage and other schools that have access to the elite soccer clubs and leagues in DFW will excel in soccer.  If S'ville girls stay in 4A, they will be a tough out for anyone the next 3 years or so.

Palestine Boys won it in 2016. Palestine and Kilgore boys can play with any 4A teams in the state.

Lufkin in 2015

Girls in ET struggle to get to the regional tournament.

Totally agree with you on Stephenville Girls!

55 minutes ago, betweentheposts said:

Palestine Boys won it in 2016. Palestine and Kilgore boys can play with any 4A teams in the state.

Lufkin in 2015

Girls in ET struggle to get to the regional tournament.

Totally agree with you on Stephenville Girls!

What is driving the soccer talent in Kilgore and Palestine?  They have to have at least 3-4 solid players that play club.  We played Argyle last year in the playoffs... we were a really good team...  and their boys looked and played like a semi pro team.  They finished 2nd in their district

7 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Palestine (girls) 2016, Kilgore Boys 2017, Lufkin Boys last year?  Other than that, ETX has not been a factor in soccer from ETX.  The fact is that schools like Stephenville and Midlothian Heritage and other schools that have access to the elite soccer clubs and leagues in DFW will excel in soccer.  If S'ville girls stay in 4A, they will be a tough out for anyone the next 3 years or so.

Center 

8 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

What is driving the soccer talent in Kilgore and Palestine?  They have to have at least 3-4 solid players that play club.  We played Argyle last year in the playoffs... we were a really good team...  and their boys looked and played like a semi pro team.  They finished 2nd in their district

E06E9A72-51BA-480D-BB2B-086356A949F6.jpeg

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

E06E9A72-51BA-480D-BB2B-086356A949F6.jpeg

It’s really not.  I’m curious.  When Marshall had some decent boys talent, a lot of them played on clubs in Shreveport and 1 in Dallas.  I am just curious on how Kilgore etc keeps up with their soccer talent

23 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Back to topic. Current DC wasn’t able to apply?

No. Knocked out of contention. They were wanting 3-5 years coaching experience. Not sure how long he’s been coaching but his energy was good   And kids liked him for it. 

On 4/8/2020 at 12:50 PM, dillonpanthers said:

I thought someone said he had already decided to leave and go to Forney and wasn't interested?

Pretty much whole staff left didnt they?

“Rumor” has it, he applied but didn’t get an interview. That seems like a travesty that an internal applicant couldn’t get an interview. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TrumpTrain88 said:

“Rumor” has it, he applied but didn’t get an interview. That seems like a travesty that an internal applicant couldn’t get an interview. 

Apparently he didn't meet the requirements.  3-5 years OC/DC experience

6 minutes ago, darthvedder said:

Apparently he didn't meet the requirements.  3-5 years OC/DC experience

They knew he didn't have that when they set the requirements...so they didn't want him to interview...

Guess they were worried they would be bombarded with candidates if they lowered that requirement....

On 4/8/2020 at 9:29 AM, MavGrad99 said:

It’s really not.  I’m curious.  When Marshall had some decent boys talent, a lot of them played on clubs in Shreveport and 1 in Dallas.  I am just curious on how Kilgore etc keeps up with their soccer talent

I know there are several with Kilgore that does club soccer. Three were suppose to play in an All Star game in Dallas but was cancel due to Covid-19. 

12 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Let's be honest, most are spanish. That's their specialty from the time they are 6 months old normally.

From what I’ve seen in my 14 years is that for the Hispanic population, soccer is their first sport.  Few can afford to specialize.  They play pick up soccer most of their lives, but the ability and cost of organized 11 on 11 leagues hinders the ability to excel.  

18 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

From what I’ve seen in my 14 years is that for the Hispanic population, soccer is their first sport.  Few can afford to specialize.  They play pick up soccer most of their lives, but the ability and cost of organized 11 on 11 leagues hinders the ability to excel.  

10 4 so true.