Is there an end in sight?

Gen7Dragon

2 minutes ago, JETT said:

This what happens when trump puts his party on lockdown, they fight amongst themselves what a dang shame 

Why is that a dang shame they don't walk lock step like the little nazies do following Pelosi

49 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

It’s been a stressful time Kirt. I’m gonna get some baby powder. I’m chaffed and I am a slight bit grumpy. 

We all have too much time on our hands with no sports to watch ... that's too much to deal with for some people.  A few people on here can't deal with two things at once ... gotta go for now ....

Serious question.  

The mainstream media (rightfully so IMHO) got crucified for this early on... and still is for inducing panic with the grim predictions.

Then healthcare experts and professionals were accused of causing panic by exaggerating the grim and even had accusations of lying about the numbers and projections. 

Many were saying it was nothing more than an attempt to bring down the President.  

But now..... even the President himself.... and his own task force is putting out some pretty grim numbers and predictions.   These are his own people. 

At what point does this become real for the conspiracy folk?   When does this become worth all the efforts to mitigate?  When does a little worry.... and God forbid a little compassion kick in?  

A week ago I was told 500 deaths was no big deal.  Sitting at over 4000 in what?  6 days?  7?

Now......President Trump last evening painted a pretty grim picture himself.

”President Trump and the physicians advising the federal pandemic response on Tuesday delivered a bleak outlook for the viral spread across the country, predicting a best-case scenario of 100,000 to 240,000 fatalities in the United States ”

“he instructed Americans to continue social distancing, school closures and other mitigation efforts for an additional 30 days and to think of the choices they make as matters of life and death.”

“The mathematical modeling the White House presented suggests doing so could save hundreds of thousands of lives. Without community mitigation, the models predict, 1.5 million to 2.2 million Americans could die of covid-19“

100,000 dead boggles my mind.  200,000 is incomprehensible.  But 1 million....2 million.... that is something that should stop you in your tracks.   Anyone that can yawn or eye roll numbers like that needs Jesus.  And those aren’t even worldwide projections.  These are numbers provided by the President’s own people.  He’s even buying into the possibility.  Better late than never.  

Are the numbers a little more “real” now that the White House is now accepting them as completely plausible?    These numbers are even more astronomical than some the MSM were putting out there just a few weeks ago. 

The attitude of “this ain’t no big deal” is the reason these numbers exist.  

Too many Americans haven’t heeded the warning.  Now we’re paying the piper.  

Looks like the wave/spike will be delayed in East Texas.  I’m grateful.  We’ve already seen increases.  But the wave has not arrived.  And that’s scary.  We aren’t ready.  And neither is the populace.  

I’ve been labeled a bleeding heart liberal on here.  But people that actually know me..... knows I’m pretty dang conservative. 

But when it comes to life and death... it’s who I am.  It’s what I do as a career.  And I’ve seen this coming for weeks.  Been called chicken little, uppity, blind, liberal, and a couple of private message names that aren’t family friendly. 

I’ve only had concern for public health.  Saving lives.  Even the knuckleheads on this thread.

It’s close to my heart.  I lost my completely healthy 36 year old sister to the flu in 2013.  So don’t come after me telling me I should be more concerned with the flu than this. It’s a ridiculous argument. 

Still pray aim wrong.   But science and math are saying otherwise.

Im also hoping that now the White House is acknowledging that this could possibly be a 100-year type event... this causes the thickness of heads and some hardness of hearts to soften. 

Otherwise.......those astronomical numbers are going to bring about one of the the greatest heartbreaks and disasters our nation has ever endured.  

God help us

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Serious question.  

The mainstream media (rightfully so IMHO) got crucified for this early on... and still is for inducing panic with the grim predictions.

Then healthcare experts and professionals were accused of causing panic by exaggerating the grim and even had accusations of lying about the numbers and projections. 

Many were saying it was nothing more than an attempt to bring down the President.  

But now..... even the President himself.... and his own task force is putting out some pretty grim numbers and predictions.   These are his own people. 

At what point does this become real for the conspiracy folk?   When does this become worth all the efforts to mitigate?  When does a little worry.... and God forbid a little compassion kick in?  

A week ago I was told 500 deaths was no big deal.  Sitting at over 4000 in what?  6 days?  7?

”President Trump and the physicians advising the federal pandemic response on Tuesday delivered a bleak outlook for the viral spread across the country, predicting a best-case scenario of 100,000 to 240,000 fatalities in the United States ”

“he instructed Americans to continue social distancing, school closures and other mitigation efforts for an additional 30 days and to think of the choices they make as matters of life and death.”

“The mathematical modeling the White House presented suggests doing so could save hundreds of thousands of lives. Without community mitigation, the models predict, 1.5 million to 2.2 million Americans could die of covid-19“

Are the numbers a little more “real” now that the White House is now accepting them as completely plausible?    These numbers are even more astronomical than some the MSM were putting out there just a few weeks ago. 

Looks like the wave/spike will be delayed in East Texas.  I’m grateful.  We’ve already seen increases.  But the wave has not arrived.  And that’s scary.  We aren’t ready.  And neither is the populace.  

I’ve been labeled a bleeding heart liberal on here.  But people that actually know me..... knows I’m pretty dang conservative. 

But when it comes to life and death... it’s who I am.  It’s what I do as a career.  And I’ve seen this coming for weeks.  Been called chicken little, uppity, blind, liberal, and a couple of private message names that aren’t family friendly. 

I’ve only had concern for public health.  Saving lives.  Even the knuckleheads on this thread.

It’s close to my heart.  I lost my completely healthy 36 year old sister to the flu in 2013.  So don’t come after me telling me I should be more concerned with the flu than this. It’s a ridiculous argument. 

Im also hoping that now the White House is acknowledging that this could possibly be a 100-year type event... this causes the thickness of heads and some hardness of hearts to soften. 

Otherwise.......those astronomical numbers are going to bring about one of the the greatest heartbreaks and disasters our nation has ever endured.  

God help us

Wells said

3 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Serious question.  

God help us

Whole heartedly disagree with most of this. But I believe in the fact that you wrote it with good intentions and benevolence. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Whole heartedly disagree with most of this. But I believe in the fact that you wrote it with good intentions and benevolence. 

I whole heartedly disagree with lots of things that are inevitably true. 

And like I said.... I hope it’s all wrong for our own sake.  

100K deaths is being labeled a best case scenario.  That’s terrible. 

Start talking about 1M or more.... and maybe some inconvenience is worth saving some lives.

I just can’t comprehend how mitigation doesn’t make sense to anyone at this point.  They have even changed President Trump’s tune.  And I didn’t think that would be possible given his early nonchalant attitude about it.  He sang a very different tune last night.   I’m thankful for it too. 

43 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I’m the one guilty of the “uppity” accusation. I apologize. Also sorry for your sisters passing. 36 is a young age to leave this world. Not that it matters, but did she have children? Again, I apologize. 

No children of her own, thankfully.  

7667F47B-1DA3-437D-87E9-BC3A4CEFF882.jpeg

5 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

At the end of the day, we are all humans. Life would be boring if everyone had the same opinion. My 17 year old daughter is a little liberal. I love her more than life itself though. Lol

I'm VERY conservative when it comes to fiscal matters.  A little more liberal when it comes to social issues....as long as it stays out of my wallet. 

Basically everyone hates me.  My liberal friends think I'm heartless.  My conservative friends think I'm a tree-hugger.  I can't win. 

But when it comes to saving lives..... I can't just treat those stats as "numbers".  Those numbers are hurting families.  To belittle that for the sake of money.... or inconvenience.....boggles my mind.

2 million dead.  That's a breathtaking number.  Then again.... to me.... so is 100,000. 

I've been called worse on SDC.....over much less serious discussions.

I have an entire fanbase that basically hates me because I wouldn't bow down low enough to their liking.

At least this is actually important.

And I DO GET the hesitation.  I do.  But the risk/reward is a no-brainer for me.

Be well, everyone.  Stay safe.  

• Like 1

A lot of those on here really won’t care until it hits them personally.  Once the numbers around East Texas start to get larger then maybe some will wake up as to how bad this thing is.  My wife and her staff had a scare last week after being exposed to someone who potentially had the virus. Luckily nothing ever came of it. Definitely an eye opener. 

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

I've been called worse on SDC.....over much less serious discussions.

I have an entire fanbase that basically hates me because I wouldn't bow down low enough to their liking.

At least this is actually important.

And I DO GET the hesitation.  I do.  But the risk/reward is a no-brainer for me.

Be well, everyone.  Stay safe.  

These are trying times to be sure; so much uncertainty about SO MANY things. It is prudent to err on the side of caution in times like these. I pray the numbers stay very low & we don’t actually see the figures being thrown around  by some people. 

Each of us need to evaluate the real need for something before venturing out to get it; is it a want, or is it a need? We should all ask ourselves this question before going out into the public, where seemingly healthy people might in fact be asymptomatic carriers of the Virus.  I always encourage the importance of deep breathing in times of stress... it really does lower the heart rate as well as blood pressure, along with calming our nerves. Try it sometimes; It Works!😋👌

6 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

I whole heartedly disagree with lots of things that are inevitably true. 

And like I said.... I hope it’s all wrong for our own sake.  

100K deaths is being labeled a best case scenario.  That’s terrible. 

Start talking about 1M or more.... and maybe some inconvenience is worth saving some lives.

I just can’t comprehend how mitigation doesn’t make sense to anyone at this point.  They have even changed President Trump’s tune.  And I didn’t think that would be possible given his early nonchalant attitude about it.  He sang a very different tune last night.   I’m thankful for it too. 

Inevitably wrong? Let’s hope not

3 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

These are trying times to be sure; so much uncertainty about SO MANY things. It is prudent to err on the side of caution in times like these. I pray the numbers stay very low & we don’t actually see the figures being thrown around  by some people. 

Each of us need to evaluate the real need for something before venturing out to get it; is it a want, or is it a need? We should all ask ourselves this question before going out into the public, where seemingly healthy people might in fact be asymptomatic carriers of the Virus.  I always encourage the importance of deep breathing in times of stress... it really does lower the heart rate as well as blood pressure, along with calming our nerves. Try it sometimes; It Works!😋👌

Ok but beer runs will not be cut out.

• LOL! 1

At the end of the day we are all brothers that simply want what's best for ourselves and others. 

In the same way that most want to help and protect against CV, I want to help and protect against Tyranny. 

I wouldnt expect most people to just up and believe what I'm saying. Heck, it took me ten years of research and trying to weed out what's true and not to get to this point. The more I looked into things the bigger Christian I became in my beliefs. 

There's things that we can only speculate based on who our REAL enemy is and what we know of them. Based on what I KNOW(not believe) , I can only come to the conclusion that this is not what they are telling us it is. 

I Know...The MSM is owned and operated by the corporate elite and only report what they are told to report. 

I KNOW... Money is the root of all evil...Meaning the ones with the most money conspire to do the most evil. 

I KNOW... There are and have been secret societies that plot against the free world going back to Nimrod and ancient Babylon.  

I KNOW... They've been plotting to usher in a NWO for centuries. (their own words) 

I KNOW... At the top of these secret Pyramids is the all-seeing eye.. (Their books tell us that this is Lucifer they worship)

I KNOW.. . most A-list celebs and Musicians admit they sold their soul to you know who,  to achieve fame and fortune. (their own words)

I KNOW... People have been placed in positions of power going back to the formation of America.

I KNOW.. Jfk spoke to congress about the infiltration of these wicked people into our own government, and the dangers secret societies pose to a free America. 

I could go on,  but people will start to wonder what these conspiracies have to do with the CV situation. If you KNOW these things are true then you as well will start to question everything the media tells you.

Everything I've mentioned is Fact that I can prove. So when they shut down the world over something close to a point 1 percent death rate, yes, I'm immediately going to look for their lies and what makes more sense. Because this makes about as much sense as World Trade Center 7 collapsing at free fall speed and no impact from a plane. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Lots of sense there, Dorothy. 🙂

• Like 1