Class AAA Division I Regional Favorites

VZCR

This Division is loaded. Brock, Grandview, Malakoff, Gladewater, East Chambers, Troy, and Industrial returns loads of talent from strong 2019 teams. It will be difficult for a newcomer to make headway against this group. Most of these teams will play strong opponents early. In week one Brock will travel to Iowa Park to play Bushland, East Chambers will travel to Lufkin to play Mexia and Hallettsville will play at Shiner. The big game in week one will be Malakoff at Grandview. In weeks two and three Pottsboro will host Gunter and play at Melissa. Troy will host Franklin in week four.

Region 1

1.       Brock returns 17 from the ALL-DISTRICT list and 13 starters from a 12-3 team.

2.       Wall return 11 ALL DISTRICT players from a 21-1 team.

Darkhorse: Denver City returns 12 off the ALL DISTRICT list from a 10-2 team.

Region 2

1.       Pottsboro returns 6 from the ALL-DISTRICT list and 6 offensive and 8 defensive starters from the 15-1 state runner-up team.

2.       Grandview returns 11 from the ALL-DISTRICT list and 5 offensive and defensive starters from the state champion team.

3.       Malakoff returns 10 off the ALL-DISTRICT list and 7 offensive and 6 defensive starters off an 11-2 team.

4.       Gladewater returns 14 from the ALL-DISTRICT list and 7 offensive and 8 defensive starters from a 10-4 team.

Darkhorse: none

Region 3

1.       East Chambers returns 10 from the ALL-DISTRICT list and 6 offensive and 7 defensive starters and several weapons from a 10-2 team.

2.       Troy returns 14 from the ALL-DISTRICT list, 7 offensive starters, 6 defensive starters plus an All State RB from a 12-2 team.

3.       Hallettsville returns 14 from the ALL-DISTRICT list, 7 starters on offense & defense and the MVP from a 10-3 team.

4.       Columbus returns 9 from the ALL-DISTRICT list and the MVP from a 12-3 team.

Region 4

1.       Industrial returns 12 from the ALL-DISTRICT list from an 11-2 team.

2.       Industrial returns 12 from the ALL-DISTRICT list from an 11-2 team. Palacios returns 12 from the ALL-DISTRICT list from an 8-3 team.

3.       Palacios returns 12 from the ALL-DISTRICT list from an 8-3 team.

Darkhorse: Lyford returns 21 from the ALL-DISTRICT list, 8 offensive, 10 defensive starters and a special sophomore to be QB.

17 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

As of right now per matt stepp season will still start aug 3rd unless rona says other wise

Yes. Start date is usually starts first Monday in August.  Rona will say otherwise. Trying to open things back up too quickly. If not done right a second wave will hit. And TBH we aren’t even out of the woods yet for first wave. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

I believe the clear favorite coming out of 3A D1 is Covid-19 High School they look poised to dismantle the entire 3A D1 this season.

That’s be the only way Grandview gets beat at state lol

On 4/17/2020 at 4:56 PM, VZCR said:

This Division is loaded. Brock, Grandview, Malakoff, Gladewater, East Chambers, Troy, and Industrial returns loads of talent from strong 2019 teams. It will be difficult for a newcomer to make headway against this group. Most of these teams will play strong opponents early. In week one Brock will travel to Iowa Park to play Bushland, East Chambers will travel to Lufkin to play Mexia and Hallettsville will play at Shiner. The big game in week one will be Malakoff at Grandview. In weeks two and three Pottsboro will host Gunter and play at Melissa. Troy will host Franklin in week four.

Region 1

1.       Brock returns 17 from the ALL-DISTRICT list and 13 starters from a 12-3 team.

2.       Wall return 11 ALL DISTRICT players from a 21-1 team.

Darkhorse: Denver City returns 12 off the ALL DISTRICT list from a 10-2 team.

Region 2

1.       Pottsboro returns 6 from the ALL-DISTRICT list and 6 offensive and 8 defensive starters from the 15-1 state runner-up team.

2.       Grandview returns 11 from the ALL-DISTRICT list and 5 offensive and defensive starters from the state champion team.

3.       Malakoff returns 10 off the ALL-DISTRICT list and 7 offensive and 6 defensive starters off an 11-2 team.

4.       Gladewater returns 14 from the ALL-DISTRICT list and 7 offensive and 8 defensive starters from a 10-4 team.

Region 3

1.       East Chambers returns 10 from the ALL-DISTRICT list and 6 offensive and 7 defensive starters and several weapons from a 10-2 team.

2.       Troy returns 14 from the ALL-DISTRICT list, 7 offensive starters, 6 defensive starters plus an All State RB from a 12-2 team.

3.       Hallettsville returns 14 from the ALL-DISTRICT list, 7 starters on offense & defense and the MVP from a 10-3 team.

4.       Columbus returns 9 from the ALL-DISTRICT list and the MVP from a 12-3 team.

Region 4

1.       Industrial returns 12 from the ALL-DISTRICT list from an 11-2 team.

2.       Industrial returns 12 from the ALL-DISTRICT list from an 11-2 team. Palacios returns 12 from the ALL-DISTRICT list from an 8-3 team.

3.       Palacios returns 12 from the ALL-DISTRICT list from an 8-3 team.

Darkhorse: Lyford returns 21 from the ALL-DISTRICT list, 8 offensive, 10 defensive starters and a special sophomore to be QB.

Gladewater’s HC John Berry has left to be DC at Longview. 

Guest Tiger03lb
On 4/18/2020 at 11:40 AM, player73 said:

In Region 3, Cameron and Rockdale will be major players. A region 2 dark horse is Fairfield. 

I would consider Winny or Sabine or Tatum a darkhorse for region 2. FF is picked to win the district. We'll see when koff play them this year. 

Guest Tiger03lb
On 4/18/2020 at 11:44 AM, BearFan13 said:

Another great week one matchup will be Gladewater traveling to Gilmer to renew the rivalry. 

Wish I could come see that game. If we didn't have GV, I'd be there. Does GW have a podcast or station airing games when or if that time comes?

Just now, Tiger03lb said:

Wish I could come see that game. If we didn't have GV, I'd be there. Does Gilmer have a podcast or station airing games when or if that time comes?

I think they do but the games in Gladewater so they won't have the space or technical abilities that they would at their own stadium.

Guest Tiger03lb
3 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

I think they do but the games in Gladewater so they won't have the space or technical abilities that they would at their own stadium.

I just read that the game was in GW. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Golfingnut said:

Y’all don’t have radio so there’s booth space for visiting teams media. 

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

Y’all don’t have radio so there’s booth space for visiting teams media. 

There's a radio (if you call it that) room they can use but it's small and you know Gilmer brings so many they take over a box. In fact last time many of their coaches had to sit with the press. Majority have to be in the big room with the press. Too much noise. We don't have the facilities that Tatum has. 

14 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

There's a radio (if you call it that) room they can use but it's small and you know Gilmer brings so many they take over a box. In fact last time many of their coaches had to sit with the press. Majority have to be in the big room with the press. Too much noise. We don't have the facilities that Tatum has. 

Yalls pressbox is better than Tatums.