2020-21 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

Mavchamp

12 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Not that Hallsville has ever been a power in football but under Plunk they were competitive in most games.

His successor really depleted the enthusiasm to even suit up as the numbers really dropped. The 3 years under this coach were horrible.

A new coach is now in place and the numbers are back up. There are multiple starters that have not played football in 2 to 4 years because of the previous regime.

What little I have seen and heard of the new coach is much more promising.

I honestly want Hallsville to be good again.  Our early matchups were barnburners.  

I crave bitter district rivals like we had back in the day with Longview, Lufkin, and JT. 

Geographically.... Hallsville and PT make the best rivals.  Historically it would be Nacogdoches and Texas High. 

Wish Hallsville nothing but the best minus one game every season 😂

On 9/27/2020 at 1:20 PM, Mavchamp said:

Good luck this week

Going with...

Longview at Marshall - Longview
Tyler v. Tyler Legacy - Tyler Legacy in a blow out.
Denison at Texas High - Texas High pulls away in 2nd half.
Pine Tree at Crandall - Pirates by a lot.
Mount Pleasant at Sherman - Sherman pulls out a close one. The Bearcats need massive help on the offensive line, so if the Tigers can get pressure, watch out.
Whitehouse at Royse City - Royse City in a close one
Cleburne at Jacksonville - Cleburne by two scores.
Hallsville at Frisco Memorial - Memorial by a touchdown.
Lufkin at Nederland - Lufkin pulls one out
Nacogdoches at Saginaw Boswell - Boswell, just because Nac has had zero time to get ready pretty much.

Longview edges Marshall. (King destroys two headsets.)
Tyler Legacy over Tyler High
Texas High over Denison
Longview-West over Crandall
Mount Pleasant shocks Sherman
Whitehouse edges Royse City
Cleburne over Jacksonville
Frisco-Memorial over Longview-East
Lufkin over Nederland
Saginaw-Boswell over Nacogdoches

On 9/27/2020 at 12:09 PM, Mavchamp said:

East Texas Week 6 games:

Who you got and why?

Longview Vs. Marshall
Tyler Vs. Tyler Legacy
Denison Vs. Texas High
Pine Tree Vs. Crandall
Mt. Pleasant Vs. Sherman
Whitehouse Vs. Royse City 
Hallsville Vs. Frisco Memorial (Saturday)
Cleburne Vs. Jacksonville
Nacogdoches Vs. Lufkin- CX

Longview Vs. Marshall.....Mavs kick a long FG at the end, shock the Lobos (hope springs eternal)
Tyler Vs. Tyler Legacy.....TL easily
Denison Vs. Texas High.....Tigers continue to roll
Pine Tree Vs. Crandall......PT defense surrenders a boatload of points, but offense scores more 
Mt. Pleasant Vs. Sherman.....MP continues a resurgence.....for now
Whitehouse Vs. Royse City....WH wins a close one
Hallsville Vs. Frisco Memorial (Saturday).....Frisco Memorial, but 'Cats at least give them a game
Cleburne Vs. Jacksonville.....Cleburne wins again
Nacogdoches Vs. Saginaw Boswell......a moral victory for the Dragons just getting to play, but Boswell wins

Lufkin Vs. Nederland - Lufkin remembers how to win, but won't be easy

24 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

I thought this year might be different with Longview being as young as they are. Marshall will still more then likely repeat as district champs

The Lobo game historically has very little  to predict our season. 

2004, 2005.... blowout losses.  State runnerups.

2007, 2009, 2018.... Blowout losses. Region Semis.

2015 Region semis team was an outlier. Sadly. 

Honestly don’t see the point anymore. But my opinion means 000000.

56 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

I thought this year might be different with Longview being as young as they are. Marshall will still more then likely repeat as district champs

What is Texas High gonna have to do to get your attention? lol

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

Until someone else is holding the gold ball Marshall is still the team to beat in this district.

Texas High with solid victories over Tyler and Denison,  they are the favorites,  hands down.  Game tonight could have been much worse.

Texas High 24 Denison 3. - Close game in the first half with Tiger up 10-0 at half. Second half Tigers just wore them down. Yellowjackets will remember Clayton Smith who shut down their passing game with a number of sacks and continual pressure. Overall a good team effort and the score does not reflect the dominance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

What is Texas High gonna have to do to get your attention? lol

Nothing lol they are a solid football teamBut, they haven’t won this district yet. Marshall has though and is the defending District Champion.  saying It runs through Marshall doesn’t discredit the tigers. If I’m not mistaken though Marshall hasn’t lost a district game in a few years and yes I know that loss came at the hands of Texas high. I know it can happen this year streaks are made to be broken all i was saying since Marshall is the defending DC who hasn’t lost a district game in over three years they would be the team to beat Just my opinion.

2 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

Nothing lol they are a solid football teamBut, they haven’t won this district yet. Marshall has though and is the defending District Champion.  saying It runs through Marshall doesn’t discredit the tigers. If I’m not mistaken though Marshall hasn’t lost a district game in a few years and yes I know that loss came at the hands of Texas high. I know it can happen this year streaks are made to be broken all i was saying since Marshall is the defending DC who hasn’t lost a district game in over three years they would be the team to beat Just my opinion.

Having seen both, Texas High has to be the favorites right now.

I think what frustrates me most about our annual game with Longview isn’t losing the game. 

Its the fact that annually..... it’s generally our poorest performance of the season.   Hands down.   

Some of that is credited to Longview just being that good annually. 

But its astonishing.  Annually it’s the game we have the most penalties, most turnovers, give up the longest plays, have the worst tackling.  You can just count on it. 

We are a total disaster annually Vs them  yawn.  

Oh well..... we have a big challenge coming up.  A long road trip to McKinney to face a huge North team.  We need some serious defensive improvement. 

Good luck to the Lobos. 

On to the next. 

• Like 1