2020-21 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

Mavchamp

24 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Nah bruh...I give them some props. Much better season than Cujo (although I know the bar was set low...lol).  

I think if Tyler High was having the season they are having, conversations would probably be alot different on this forum. 

Of course better than us. But legacy acting like making to the second round is like making to state. LOL. When they don’t even realize they about to get a 50 piece handed to them on Saturday lmao. 

46 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Ehh. I mean I don’t know I feel Iike making it only to the first or second round is still like missing the playoffs. Idk that’s just my opinion. A lot of that has to do because 4 teams can the make the playoffs so it’s not really an accomplishment to make it in the playoffs. Unless you go 3 or more rounds.

That’s just a sad outlook IMHO. 

If a season is only a success or only fun if you make it three or more rounds deep is setting yourself up for a lot of disappointment. 

Sure you want high expectations..... but there is also a such thing as enjoying the ride.  

But yeah.   I gotta disagree with you on this. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

I think if Tyler High was having the season they are having, conversations would probably be alot different on this forum. 

Truth. 
And if not..... shame on the fandom. 

34 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Now you know y’all would go crazy if y’all had a stretch of losing in the first or second round every year almost. That’s not a accomplishment for longview

Of course we’d go crazy. Doesn’t mean making the playoffs isn’t an accomplishment though.

We celebrated 20 years straight, this season, of making it. We still had first and second round losses thrown in there.

On 12/14/2020 at 2:05 PM, NODAYSOFFTX said:

It would be kinda a waste IMO, do we really expect legacy to compete in that game? 

Well MenOfValor aka BigRedCujo aka Rapture is all up in Longview's team thread on the 6A board telling us Legacy is headed to the semis with "the best RB in the state"...so hey...lol

• LOL! 1

35 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Well MenOfValor aka BigRedCujo aka Rapture is all up in Longview's team thread on the 6A board telling us Legacy is headed to the semis with "the best RB in the state"...so hey...lol

LMAO ### is wrong them they are as bad as cowboy fans LOL. I guess that what happens when you not use to winning LOL. 

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

Man I just read all of what he said on that on that and god that’s a headache, and dude needs to go back to English class he can’t spell for nothing LOL. 😂😂😂😂. I’m sorry y’all had to endure that non sense lmao. @LoboFan07 @ANTI

• LOL! 1

52 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Man I just read all of what he said on that on that and god that’s a headache, and dude needs to go back to English class he can’t spell for nothing LOL. 😂😂😂😂. I’m sorry y’all had to endure that non sense lmao. @LoboFan07 @ANTI

Only a few more days of it left.

• LOL! 1

On 12/8/2020 at 10:00 AM, Matt said:

LOL!! That's funny.

With respect to names, when the Tomato Bowl bond issue passed in 2017 and it was renovated, the JISD asked everyone in the media to stop calling it The Tomato Bowl . . . it is now Historic Tomato Bowl . . . not THE Historic Tomato Bowl, or THE Tomato Bowl . . . it is now, "Welcome to Historic Tomato Bowl!"

Just for the record . . .

What has happened to the Tomatoes themselves...have not had a good one for two years...now carry on...

• LOL! 1

23 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Texas high made the you got missed segment! 

I just saw the clip that was on NBC Sunday Night Football.   Amazing to have Randy Moss include Rian Cellars' TD catch on "You Got Mossed"!

Longview boys fall 48-45 to Tyler tonight. Drop to 5-6.

Of course the first season we drop back to down we start to have our worst season in 5 years lol. Hopefully the football boys can help once they get in there, hopefully in January ;).

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Hopefully the football boys can help once they get in there, hopefully in January ;).

They will.

Jalen Hale will be a boost for sure...best player on the team...FBS recruit in both sports. JT Wright the other 6'3/6'4 sophomore WR also plays ball. JJ Rougley the sophomore 6'3 TE/DE....list goes on.

We also have to take into account the amount of Freshmen on varsity bball this year. At least 6 of them...all whom also play football. I'd imagine maybe 1 or 2 of them will move down though when football guys come over.

So I think the football boys will help...but I also think that overall this year may be a slight stepback from recent years, gearing up for the future.

• Like 1

DISTRICT 15 GIRLS BASKETBALL
Hallsville 4-0
Marshall 2-1
Texas High 2-1
Mt. Pleasant 0-0
Longview 0-1
Sulphur Springs 0-2
Pine Tree 0-2

I can't confirm.... but it appears MP's ladies are not playing.  There aren't any scores for their games Vs. SS, Hallsville, or Longview.  It may be COVID related.  Not sure how they will make those games up.  It will be interesting.

MP's absence in the schedule coupled with bye games every game night makes the standings a little messy for now. 

I'll update the standings after tonight's games are completed (Long/THS and PT/SS).

District play will restart after the first of the year.

District 16 starts district in Jan as well (Jax, Nac, Lufkin, Huntsville, WH, Tyler)

-------------

Game 1- Dec 11
Texas High beat Pine Tree 58-25
Hallsville beat Longview- COVID
Sulphur Springs Vs. Mt Pleasant
OFF: Marshall

Game 2- Dec 15
Marshall beat  Pine Tree 49-33
Texas High beat Sulphur Springs 48-35
Hallsville Vs. Mount Pleasant
OFF: Longview

Game 3- Dec 18