Jump to content

2020-21 East Texas 5A Sports Thread


Mavchamp
 Share

Recommended Posts

MJHS 8th grade teams fell to Texas Middle school tonight. 

White team fell 30-14

Red Team fell 20-8

7th graders will take on Hallsville next Monday. 
8th graders will take on Pine Tree next Tuesday. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/1/2020 at 2:44 PM, Mavchamp said:

Wondered the same. 
No Nac, Jax, or WH.  
Instead TxH Abd SS twice. 
 

 

On 9/1/2020 at 12:32 AM, nacdragon07 said:

 why the middle schools aren’t playing the same district schedule?

Travel Expenses, the last few years we have played the other Nac Middle School, Lufkin Middle has two teams and we play the 3 Longview middles. Our middles don't play Jax or WH, I assume those schools play each other because of the amount of Junior High programs in and around Tyler. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

 

Travel Expenses, the last few years we have played the other Nac Middle School, Lufkin Middle has two teams and we play the 3 Longview middles. Our middles don't play Jax or WH, I assume those schools play each other because of the amount of Junior High programs in and around Tyler. 

That’s sad we aren’t broke. We used to play the district schedule all the time in middle school. I guess things have  changed. Meanwhile I see we got new headgear this year. Going away from the traditional black. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

That’s sad we aren’t broke. We used to play the district schedule all the time in middle school. I guess things have  changed. Meanwhile I see we got new headgear this year. Going away from the traditional black. 

Are you kidding with the broke comment?? The district has been struggling with money for years, took 6 years to pass a bond to replace 100 year old school that was falling apart. SFA gets the booster and business money in town. NACISD doesn't get tax revenue on any land that SFA owns.  COVID has also changed everyone's travel schedule. 

 

Yes we are wearing white helmets at the varsity level, which I am being told is the first time ever in white helmets. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nacwagons said:

Are you kidding with the broke comment?? The district has been struggling with money for years, took 6 years to pass a bond to replace 100 year old school that was falling apart. SFA gets the booster and business money in town. NACISD doesn't get tax revenue on any land that SFA owns.  COVID has also changed everyone's travel schedule. 

 

Yes we are wearing white helmets at the varsity level, which I am being told is the first time ever in white helmets. 

That wasn’t because we were broke. The bond failed because of the issues of trust from the last bond that was passed. We find money for what we want. Like the turf for the football field. We feed the athletes at home and away games now. So no I don’t buy that we are broke.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have 4 teams at MJHS. 
2 freshman teams

I think we have enough for a JV B team, but will only field one team I hear.  Unless told otherwise.  I think only Longview has a JV B that I can recall.  Maybe Texas High.  

9th and JV will only have 9 games since only Varsity will face New Caney. But we will play MicKinney North at all levels.

District schedule is the same 9-varsity. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2020 at 9:32 AM, nacdragon07 said:

That wasn’t because we were broke. The bond failed because of the issues of trust from the last bond that was passed. We find money for what we want. Like the turf for the football field. We feed the athletes at home and away games now. So no I don’t buy that we are broke.

The food for home and away meals are donated. The turf investment was to cut expenses on maintenance and add a revenue stream from the use of the stadium. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

The food for home and away meals are donated. The turf investment was to cut expenses on maintenance and add a revenue stream from the use of the stadium. 

Chicken express donates the meals ?? They must love dragon football lol. That’s what they  been eating that. It used to be part of the Athletic budget. Anyway we find money when we have to. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Raiderfan7000 said:

Definitely a good look. Your coach was a Odessa Permian HC so maybe the inspiration there. Look similar but without the yellow.

Yes exactly where it came from, our home uniforms are black shirts with plain white pants. The gold is a very thin line outlining the numbers on the home jersey. We have an away uniform combination of all white with black lettering. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...