Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

2020-21 East Texas 5A Sports Thread


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, LufkinPack said:

Not true. Porter has magnolia and magnolia west left. With 3 district losses. They will end up with 5 total. Even if they had won the NC game, they’d be at 4 district losses after mag and west. So, they’d still be out. 
 

Not that it matters. We all gettin smoked by HP lol burnt toast son 

Porter up on Mag West 30-28 with 2:00 left in the 3rd...

Definitely a race to get shmacked by HP at Jerryworld...lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well "those" you spoke with really weren't paying very close attention then. While it wasn't a large score disparity it wasn't really that close of a call especially statistically.  Marshall

Why be a douche about it?  Nac doesn’t pick their district.  They compete where they are put... and they dominate.  just say congrats and move on.  Don’t see the point in trying to lessen thei

Longview knocks off Pine Tree, 6-4. 21-6 on the season. Seconded highest win total in the last 52 years for Lobo baseball. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Porter up on Mag West 30-28 with 2:00 left in the 3rd...

Definitely a race to get shmacked by HP at Jerryworld...lol

And they're driving too. West doesn't look anywhere near as good as I thought they looked vs Lp.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Porter knocks off Magnolia West, 44-35. Huge win for the Spartans. Bad loss for the Mustangs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 9 Recap:
Pine Tree beat Whitehouse 27-14
Marshall beat Mount Pleasant 26-7
Texas High beat Jacksonville 52-23
Nacogdoches beat Hallsville 2-0 COVID FORFEIT
Ennis beat North Forney 38-14
Royse City beat Greenville 56-49
Sulphur Springs beat Crandall 72-44
Corsicana beat Forney 21-14
Highland Park beat Tyler 43-7
Sherman beat McKinney North 44-35
West Mesquite beat Wylie East 41-27
Lufkin beat Cleveland 15-0 COVID FORFEIT
College Station beat Caney Creek 72-0
Porter beat Magnolia West 44-35
Waller beat Caney Creek 43-22
Magnolia- OFF
Longview- OFF


---------------

District 8-5A DIV II

ZONE A
Ennis (4-0)(7-0)
Royse City (3-1) (5-2)
Crandall (1-3) (4-4)
Forney (0-4) (0-10)

ZONE B
North Forney (3-1) (7-1)
Greenville (2-2) (4-3)
Sulphur Springs (2-2) (2-4)
Corsicana (1-3) (3-6)

8-5A closed out district play with a series of crossover games to determine playoff seedings.  

Ennis made easy work of North Forney to claim the district championship.  NF will settle in to the #2 slot.

Royse City blew past Greenville to take the #3 slot, while the Lions will settle into the #4 spot.

Corsicana and Sulphur Springs close out their seasons with wins.

8-5A FINAL STANDINGS 
Ennis
North Forney
Royse City
Greenville
Sulphur Springs
Crandall
Corsicana
Forney

_______________


District 9-5A DIV II
Texas High (8-0) (5-0)
Pine Tree (6-1-1) (4-1)
Whitehouse (7-1) (4-1)
Nacogdoches (4-3) (3-2)
Marshall (5-4) (3-3)
Mount Pleasant (3-5) (1-4)
Jacksonville (1-7) (1-4)
Hallsville (0-7) (0-5)

Pine Tree is on the cusp of clinching a home playoff game thanks to their win over Whitehouse in a clutch district game.  The Wildcats now are looking at the possibility of a long road trip to open the playoffs.  Marshall got a must-win game over Mount Pleasant... but also got a forfeit win over Hallsville for this coming week.   This sets up a monster game in 2 weeks between Nac and Marshall for the fourth and final playoff slot.


District 7-5A DIV I
Highland Park (6-0) (4-0)
Longview (5-2) (2-1)
Sherman (3-5) (2-1)
McKinney North (3-5) (3-2)
Tyler (2-5) (2-2)
West Mesquite (1-7) (1-3)
Wylie East (1-6) (0-5)

Highland Park continues to roll atop the district.... while Longview has been on the sidelines for the last couple of weeks due to a bye week and a game cancellation.  Sherman's win over McNorth shakes things up and keeps things interesting between Sherman, McNorth, and Tyler for the final two playoff slots.
 

District 8-5A DIV I
Magnolia (7-1) (6-0)
College Station (7-1) (5-1)
Magnolia West (5-3) (4-2)
Porter (6-3) (4-3)
New Caney (4-4) (3-3)
Waller (3-5) (3-3)
Lufkin (4-4) (3-3)
Cleveland (1-8) (0-7)
Caney Creek (0-8) (0-6)

Magnolia remains on top of the district with College Station firmly in the #2 slot.  West drops to the #3 slot.... while Porter is in the fourth and final playoff spot.  NC, Waller, and Lufkin are all tied up for 5th....but still in the race.  

 

------------------

Week 10 Games:

8-5A- DIV I
Magnolia Vs. Porter
New Caney Vs. Magnolia West
Waller Vs. College Station
Lufkin Vs. Caney Creek
Cleveland- OFF

Mag Vs. Porter is the game of the week in the district.  Mag looking to stay on top of the district.... while Porter needs a win to remain all alone for the final playoff spot.

Lufkin knows a win over CC..... and a Porter loss to Mag would give them the inside track to the final playoff slot.

Waller needs an upset of CS to keep their playoff hopes alive.  

NC needs an upset of Mag West to stay in the playoff conversation.
---

8-5A DIV II
No Games scheduled

 

---

9-5A DIV II
Texas High Vs. Nacogdoches
Jacksonville Vs. Whitehouse
Pine Tree Vs. Mount Pleasant
Marshall beat Hallsville COVID FORFEIT 2-0

PT Vs. MP is the game of the week.  A Pirate win will clinch a home playoff game for PT.  It will eliminate MP from the playoff chase.

WH needs a win over Jax and an MP upset of PT to keep their hopes of hosting a playoff game alive.

Texas High can clinch no less than a tie for the district championship with a win over Nac..... while the Dragons would like an upset to solidify their playoff hopes.

Marshall will be off due to a forfeit win over Hallsville..... the Mavs are awaiting a showdown with Nac for the fourth and final playoff slot in the regular season finale.


 

---

7-5A Div I
McKinney North Vs. Longview
Tyler Vs Sherman
Highland Park Vs. West Mesquite
Wylie East- OFF

Tyler Vs. Sherman is the game of the week.  Tyler needs a win to keep their playoff hopes alive another week.... Sherman looking to stay in the thick of the race.  Longview should make easy work of McNorth as should HP of West Mesquite. 
 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

w9 Texarkana / f10 Lake Creek AT TEXARKANA
r12 Nederland / t11 Galena Park or FB Willowridge AT NEDERLAND
w10 Huntsville / f9 Marshall or Nacogdoches AT HUNTSVILLE
r11 Galena Park or Fort Bend Willowridge / t12 Port Neches-Groves AT GP
w11 Fort Bend Marshall / f12  Barber's Hill AT FBM
r10 Montgomery / t9 Whitehouse AT MONTGOMERY
w12 Crosby / f11 Galena Park AT CROSBY
r9 Pine Tree / t10 A&M Consolidated AT PINE TREE

-------

Possible roads to the state championship for 9-5A..... not going to be easy for anyone.....

Texas High:  Lake Creek, Nederland, Huntsville, Fort Bend Marshall, Liberty Hill, Ennis/Aledo/Frisco

Pine Tree:  A&M Consolidated, Crosby, Fort Bend Marshall, Huntsville, Liberty Hill, Ennis/Aledo/Frisco

Whitehouse: Montgomery, FB Marshall, A&M Consolidated, Liberty Hill, Ennis/Aledo/Frisco

Marshall/Nacogdoches: Huntsville, PNG, Texas High, FB Marshall/AMC, Liberty Hill, Ennis/Aledo/Frisco

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Week 9 Recap:
Pine Tree beat Whitehouse 27-14
Marshall beat Mount Pleasant 26-7
Texas High beat Jacksonville 52-23
Nacogdoches beat Hallsville 2-0 COVID FORFEIT
Ennis beat North Forney 38-14
Royse City beat Greenville 56-49
Sulphur Springs beat Crandall 72-44
Corsicana beat Forney 21-14
Highland Park beat Tyler 43-7
Sherman beat McKinney North 44-35
West Mesquite beat Wylie East 41-27
Lufkin beat Cleveland 15-0 COVID FORFEIT
College Station beat Caney Creek 72-0
Porter beat Magnolia West 44-35
Waller beat Caney Creek 43-22
Magnolia- OFF
Longview- OFF


District 9-5A DIV II
Texas High (8-0) (5-0)
Pine Tree (6-1-1) (4-1)
Whitehouse (7-1) (4-1)
Nacogdoches (4-3) (3-2)
Marshall (5-4) (3-3)
Mount Pleasant (3-5) (1-4)
Jacksonville (1-7) (1-4)
Hallsville (0-7) (0-5)

Pine Tree is on the cusp of clinching a home playoff game thanks to their win over Whitehouse in a clutch district game.  The Wildcats now are looking at the possibility of a long road trip to open the playoffs.  Marshall got a must-win game over Mount Pleasant... but also got a forfeit win over Hallsville for this coming week.   This sets up a monster game in 2 weeks between Nac and Marshall for the fourth and final playoff slot.

 

 

---

9-5A DIV II
Texas High Vs. Nacogdoches
Jacksonville Vs. Whitehouse
Pine Tree Vs. Mount Pleasant
Marshall beat Hallsville COVID FORFEIT 2-0

PT Vs. MP is the game of the week.  A Pirate win will clinch a home playoff game for PT.  It will eliminate MP from the playoff chase.

WH needs a win over Jax and an MP upset of PT to keep their hopes of hosting a playoff game alive.

Texas High can clinch no less than a tie for the district championship with a win over Nac..... while the Dragons would like an upset to solidify their playoff hopes.

Marshall will be off due to a forfeit win over Hallsville..... the Mavs are awaiting a showdown with Nac for the fourth and final playoff slot in the regular season finale.



 

I think MP, Jax and Hallsville are officially eliminated now. Even if MP wins out they lose H2H to both Nac and Marshall, so no 3 way tie. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

District 7-5A DIV I
Highland Park (6-0) (4-0)
Longview (5-2) (2-1)
Sherman (3-5) (2-1)
McKinney North (3-5) (3-2)
Tyler (2-5) (2-2)
West Mesquite (1-7) (1-3)
Wylie East (1-6) (0-5)

Highland Park continues to roll atop the district.... while Longview has been on the sidelines for the last couple of weeks due to a bye week and a game cancellation.  Sherman's win over McNorth shakes things up and keeps things interesting between Sherman, McNorth, and Tyler for the final two playoff slots.
 

District 8-5A DIV I
Magnolia (7-1) (6-0)
College Station (7-1) (5-1)
Magnolia West (5-3) (4-2)
Porter (6-3) (4-3)
New Caney (4-4) (3-3)
Waller (3-5) (3-3)
Lufkin (4-4) (3-3)
Cleveland (1-8) (0-7)
Caney Creek (0-8) (0-6)

Magnolia remains on top of the district with College Station firmly in the #2 slot.  West drops to the #3 slot.... while Porter is in the fourth and final playoff spot.  NC, Waller, and Lufkin are all tied up for 5th....but still in the race.  

For what it’s worth, New Caney can not make the post season with who still has to play each other. If Porter can win this week, then things change. But a loss, and they’re basically done with Waller/Lufkin playing in final game, and they would have a -2 point differential between the three teams in a 3 way tie. If both West and College Station don’t get upset this week, then whoever wins their final showdown will be #2.

Sherman can eliminate Tyler this week. Longview can clinch a berth this week. But these two likely will tie in district standings thanks to Sherman’s dodging. Will come down to point differential, which we need to figure out the actual rules for. But, Longview just needs to win by as much as possible this week after Sherman beat North by 9, but lost to HP by 21. Them losing by 21 could be the difference maker in a home game vs traveling to College Station/Magnolia.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

The 2 Swimming Titans of East Texas are going at it today at 12pm.

 

Nacogdoches  vs Texas High in Texarkana, streaming live on Facebook.

Swimming 

Texas High Mens 778

Nac Mens 622

 

Nac Women  951

Texas High Women 371

 

Total-Points

Nac 1573

TH 1149

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Longview improved to 2-1 on the season with a 86-45 victory over Henderson at Lobo Coliseum on Saturday.

The Lobos improved to 52-13 overall against the Lions, winning their 17th consecutive vs Henderson dating back to 1986.

Full Game Log: https://www.lobohistory.com/othersports/basketballboys/gamelogs/henderson.html

The Lobos host Tyler Legacy tomorrow at Lobo Coliseum. Longview has won the last 8 meetings against the Red Raiders.

The Lady Lobos travel to Lindale tomorrow night. Longview has been off since their victory over Nacogdoches on Tuesday.

Link to post
Share on other sites

District 10-5A II  Update –

This weeks scores:

Huntsville 49  Lake Creek  14   

Montgomery  42   Lamar Consolidated  31   

A&M Consolidated 51  Fulshear  0

The big game of the week saw Huntsville easily handle Lake Creek.  The top 4 in this district have clinched playoff berths. 

Current Rankings

1.  Huntsville       7-0,  4-0

2.  Montgomery   6-2,  4-0     

3.  A&M Consolidated   7-2,  3-2 

4.  Lake Creek    6-3,  3-2 

--------------------------------------

5.  Bryan Rudder  5-3,  1-3  

6.  Fulshear     4-4,  0-4

7.  Lamar Consolidated  0-8,  0-4

Big Game This week:

Huntsville at Montgomery   – The winner here will be the District Champ.  If Montgomery wins, the order will be 1. Montgomery, 2. Huntsville, 3. A&M, and 4. Lake Creek.  If Huntsville wins, this District could still be looking at a 3 way tie for 2nd place if Lake Creek can beat Montgomery in the final week.  That would likely knock Montgomery out of the 2 seed, but we’ll look at that next week. 

Remaining Big Games:

12/4       Montgomery @ Lake Creek

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

9-5A going 1-3 is the first round is a very real possibility. 

Texas High is the lone possibility of a win it seems.  And I don’t think they coast. 

PT, WH, and Marshall/Nac are all underdogs in their matchups. 

JMHO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

9-5A going 1-3 is the first round is a very real possibility. 

Texas High is the lone possibility of a win it seems.  And I don’t think they coast. 

PT, WH, and Marshall/Nac are all underdogs in their matchups. 

JMHO. 

have to disagree, don’t think district 10 is as strong as years past

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

The Lobos host Tyler Legacy tomorrow at Lobo Coliseum. Longview has won the last 8 meetings against the Red Raiders.

Lobos blow a 14-point second half lead to fall to the Red Raiders, 59-56. Lobos drop to 2-2. Frustrating late 3rd/4th quarter.

Legacy improves to 4-0.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 10 Recap:
Pine Tree beat Mount Pleasant 45-23
Whitehouse beat Jacksonville 42-14
Texas High beat Nacogdoches
Marshall beat Hallsville 2-0 COVID FORFEIT
Highland Park beat West Mesquite 49-14
Sherman beat Tyler 30-9
Longview beat McKinney North 55-10
Lufkin beat Caney Creek 58-0
New Caney beat Magnolia West 55-48
Magnolia beat Porter 41-6
College Station beat Waller 61-21
Cleveland- OFF
Wylie East- OFF


---------------

District 8-5A DIV II

ZONE A
Ennis (4-0)(7-0)
Royse City (3-1) (5-2)
Crandall (1-3) (4-4)
Forney (0-4) (0-10)

ZONE B
North Forney (3-1) (7-1)
Greenville (2-2) (4-3)
Sulphur Springs (2-2) (2-4)
Corsicana (1-3) (3-6)

The district was idle this week. 

8-5A FINAL STANDINGS 
Ennis
North Forney
Royse City
Greenville
Sulphur Springs
Crandall
Corsicana
Forney

_______________


District 9-5A DIV II
Texas High (9-0) (6-0)
Pine Tree (7-1-1) (5-1)
Whitehouse (8-1) (5-1)
Marshall (5-4) (3-3)
Nacogdoches (4-4) (3-3)
Mount Pleasant (3-6) (1-5)
Jacksonville (1-8) (1-5)
Hallsville (0-8) (0-6)

Texas High clinched no less than a tie for the district title with their win over Nacogdoches.  Pine Tree earned their first 7-win season since 1983 and is on the cusp of hosting a playoff game with a win over Hallsville next week.  Marshall and Nac are tied for the fourth and final playoff spot.  The showdown is set.  


District 7-5A DIV I
Highland Park (7-0) (5-0)
Longview (6-2) (3-1)
Sherman (4-5) (3-1)
McKinney North (3-6) (3-3)
Tyler (2-6) (2-3)
West Mesquite (1-8) (1-4)
Wylie East (1-7) (0-6)

Highland Park remains at the top of the district with Longview and Sherman knotted up in second place.  McNorth has contro of the final playoff slot. 
 

District 8-5A DIV I
Magnolia (8-1) (7-0)
College Station (8-1) (6-1)
New Caney (5-4) (4-3)
Lufkin (5-4) (4-3)
Magnolia West (5-4) (4-3)
Porter (6-4) (4-4)
Waller (3-6) (3-4)
Cleveland (1-8) (0-7)
Caney Creek (0-9) (0-7)

Magnolia remains on top of the district with College Station in line to host a playoff game.  A three way tie for third exists between Lufkin, Mag West and New Caney.... making the final week very interesting.  

 

------------------

Week 11 Games:

8-5A- DIV I
Magnolia West Vs College Station
Waller Vs Lufkin
Magnolia Vs New Caney
Caney Creek Vs Cleveland
Porter- OFF

Barring upsets by New Caney or Mag West.... Lufkin will clinch a playoff spot with a win over Waller.  Earning them the right to travel to Longview for a first round game Vs the Lobos.  

Unless Waller upsets LP, New Caney should settle into the #4 spot to take on Highland Park.

There are numerous scenarios that are UNLIKELY to happen.... 

Looks like Magnolia will host McKinney North and College Station will host Sherman.  

---

8-5A DIV II
Greenville Vs Ennis
North Forney Vs Royse City 
Sulphur Springs Vs Forney
Corsicana Vs Crandall

Meaningless cross-over games.  The playoff teams are set. 

Ennis, North Forney, Royse City, and Greenville. 

Ennis will likely host Frisco Liberty. North Forney will likely host Denison

Royse City will travel to Frisco and Greenville will go to Lovejoy. 
 

---

9-5A DIV II
Nacogdoches Vs Marshall
Whitehouse Vs Texas High
Hallsville Vs Pine Tree
Mt Pleasant Vs Jacksonville

The winner of the Marshall/Nac game will be headed to the playoffs.  The Mavs are looking to make the playoffs for the 8th season in a row and the 14th time in 17 seasons.  The winner will travel to Huntsville for a first round game.

Whitehouse is looking to force a possible three way tie for the district title with a win over Texarkana.  The Tigers can win the title outright with a win.  If the Tigers win, they will host Lake Creek in the first round.   That would send WH on the road to Montgomery for the first round.  

Barring a WH upset of THS.....a PT win clinches a home playoff game for the Pirates.   They would host A&M Consolidated. 

Now... if WH was to beat THS by 13 or more....  the Wildcats would host Lake Creek and Texas High would host AMC and PT would go to Montgomery.   

If WH beats THS by 12 or less.... the Tigers host Lake Creek, PT would host AMC and WH goes to Montgomery.

Got all that???  Hope my calculations and scenarios are all correct.

---

7-5A Div I
Longview Vs Tyler
Highland Park Vs Wylie East
Sherman Vs. West Mesquite
McKinney North- OFF

HP, Longview, and Sherman are all heavy favorites for their games.

HP is looking to host New Caney in the first round. Longview should host Lufkin.  Sherman will travel to College Station while Magnolia would host McNorth.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

 


8-5A- DIV I
Magnolia West Vs College Station
Waller Vs Lufkin
Magnolia Vs New Caney
Caney Creek Vs Cleveland
Porter- OFF

Barring upsets by New Caney or Mag West.... Lufkin will clinch a playoff spot with a win over Waller.  Earning them the right to travel to Longview for a first round game Vs the Lobos.  

Unless Waller upsets LP, New Caney should settle into the #4 spot to take on Highland Park.

There are numerous scenarios that are UNLIKELY to happen.... 

Looks like Magnolia will host McKinney North and College Station will host Sherman.   

I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if Waller beats Lufkin, and the other results go the way they’re suppose to, and we get that 5 way tie for third place.

Thatd be the most 2020 thing to happen, especially with the way Lufkin’s season has gone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EazyMoney said:

I wonder what the district rules are for handling a 5 way tie.  Not sure I’ve seen that before.  

Surely it comes down to point differentials till it creates a ahead to head between two remaining teams. 

But I think some districts have some strange rules. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

 

Week 10 Recap:
Pine Tree beat Mount Pleasant 45-23
Whitehouse beat Jacksonville 42-14
Texas High beat Nacogdoches
Marshall beat Hallsville 2-0 COVID FORFEIT
Highland Park beat West Mesquite 49-14
Sherman beat Tyler 30-9
Longview beat McKinney North 55-10
Lufkin beat Caney Creek 58-0
New Caney beat Magnolia West 55-48
Magnolia beat Porter 41-6
College Station beat Waller 61-21
Cleveland- OFF
Wylie East- OFF


---------------

District 8-5A DIV II

ZONE A
Ennis (4-0)(7-0)
Royse City (3-1) (5-2)
Crandall (1-3) (4-4)
Forney (0-4) (0-10)

ZONE B
North Forney (3-1) (7-1)
Greenville (2-2) (4-3)
Sulphur Springs (2-2) (2-4)
Corsicana (1-3) (3-6)

The district was idle this week. 

8-5A FINAL STANDINGS 
Ennis
North Forney
Royse City
Greenville
Sulphur Springs
Crandall
Corsicana
Forney

_______________


District 9-5A DIV II


Texas High (9-0) (6-0)
Pine Tree (7-1-1) (5-1)
Whitehouse (8-1) (5-1)
Marshall (5-4) (3-3)
Nacogdoches (4-4) (3-3)
Mount Pleasant (3-6) (1-5)
Jacksonville (1-8) (1-5)
Hallsville (0-8) (0-6)

Texas High clinched no less than a tie for the district title with their win over Nacogdoches.  Pine Tree earned their first 7-win season since 1983 and is on the cusp of hosting a playoff game with a win over Hallsville next week.  Marshall and Nac are tied for the fourth and final playoff spot.  The showdown is set.  


District 7-5A DIV I
Highland Park (7-0) (5-0)
Longview (6-2) (3-1)
Sherman (4-5) (3-1)
McKinney North (3-6) (3-3)
Tyler (2-6) (2-3)
West Mesquite (1-8) (1-4)
Wylie East (1-7) (0-6)

Highland Park remains at the top of the district with Longview and Sherman knotted up in second place.  McNorth has contro of the final playoff slot. 
 

District 8-5A DIV I


Magnolia (8-1) (7-0)
College Station (8-1) (6-1)
New Caney (5-4) (4-3)
Lufkin (5-4) (4-3)
Magnolia West (5-4) (4-3)
Porter (6-4) (4-4)
Waller (3-6) (3-4)
Cleveland (1-8) (0-7)
Caney Creek (0-9) (0-7)

Magnolia remains on top of the district with College Station in line to host a playoff game.  A three way tie for third exists between Lufkin, Mag West and New Caney.... making the final week very interesting.  

 

------------------

Week 11 Games:

8-5A- DIV I
Magnolia West Vs College Station
Waller Vs Lufkin
Magnolia Vs New Caney
Caney Creek Vs Cleveland
Porter- OFF

Barring upsets by New Caney or Mag West.... Lufkin will clinch a playoff spot with a win over Waller.  Earning them the right to travel to Longview for a first round game Vs the Lobos.  

Unless Waller upsets LP, New Caney should settle into the #4 spot to take on Highland Park.

There are numerous scenarios that are UNLIKELY to happen.... 

Looks like Magnolia will host McKinney North and College Station will host Sherman.  

---

8-5A DIV II
Greenville Vs Ennis
North Forney Vs Royse City 
Sulphur Springs Vs Forney
Corsicana Vs Crandall

Meaningless cross-over games.  The playoff teams are set. 

Ennis, North Forney, Royse City, and Greenville. 

Ennis will likely host Frisco Liberty. North Forney will likely host Denison

Royse City will travel to Frisco and Greenville will go to Lovejoy. 
 

---

9-5A DIV II
Nacogdoches Vs Marshall
Whitehouse Vs Texas High
Hallsville Vs Pine Tree
Mt Pleasant Vs Jacksonville

The winner of the Marshall/Nac game will be headed to the playoffs.  The Mavs are looking to make the playoffs for the 8th season in a row and the 14th time in 17 seasons.  The winner will travel to Huntsville for a first round game.

Whitehouse is looking to force a possible three way tie for the district title with a win over Texarkana.  The Tigers can win the title outright with a win.  If the Tigers win, they will host Lake Creek in the first round.   That would send WH on the road to Montgomery for the first round.  

Barring a WH upset of THS.....a PT win clinches a home playoff game for the Pirates.   They would host A&M Consolidated. 

Now... if WH was to beat THS by 13 or more....  the Wildcats would host Lake Creek and Texas High would host AMC and PT would go to Montgomery.   

If WH beats THS by 12 or less.... the Tigers host Lake Creek, PT would host AMC and WH goes to Montgomery.

Got all that???  Hope my calculations and scenarios are all correct.

---

7-5A Div I
Longview Vs Tyler
Highland Park Vs Wylie East
Sherman Vs. West Mesquite
McKinney North- OFF

HP, Longview, and Sherman are all heavy favorites for their games.

HP is looking to host New Caney in the first round. Longview should host Lufkin.  Sherman will travel to College Station while Magnolia would host McNorth.  

Awesome analysis, @Mavchamp, as always. My head hurts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

District 10-5A II  Update –

This weeks scores:

Huntsville 23  Montgomery 15   

Fulshear 29   Lamar Consolidated  28   

A&M Consolidated 24  Bryan Rudder 21

It was close game week in the District.  The big game of the week saw Huntsville defeat Montgomery for the District championship.  Montgomery is a very good team and moved the ball well.  The Hornet defense stepped up when they needed to.  Huntsville is the 1 seed.  The first round game will not be in Huntsville as the SHSU stadium is being renovated.  Not sure where it will be, but the last 2 home games for Huntsville were scheduled in Madisonville.    

Current Rankings

1.  Huntsville       8-0,  5-0

2.  Montgomery   6-3,  4-1     

3.  A&M Consolidated   8-2,  4-2 

4.  Lake Creek    6-3,  3-2 

--------------------------------------

5.  Bryan Rudder  5-4,  1-4  

6.  Fulshear     5-4,  1-4

7.  Lamar Consolidated  0-9,  0-5

Big Game This week:

Montgomery @ Lake Creek – While the seeding would appear to be set, Lake Creek has an opportunity to force a 3 way tie for 2nd place in the Montgomery ISD bowl and they are capable of doing that.  They won this matchup last year.  If this District is using the ridiculous positive point tiebreaker like last year, that result would likely knock Montgomery out of the 2 seed and would depend on how many points LC scores.  If so, could LC grab a 2 seed by scoring over 42 points and possibly stick A&M with a 4 seed?  It's nice to be the last 2 teams playing to decide that.  I doubt anybody wants a 4.5 hour ride to Texarkana.         

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...