The Smoakhouse Forums

2020-21 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

43 minutes ago, Ace said:

I saw a post on another site that said that PNG exposed FB Marshall as being the product of a weak schedule.   I was really surprised that PNG almost pulled off the huge upset.

Crosby got up on Willowridge 28-0 in the first quarter and coasted to a huge win.   The Cougars might be a real challenge for the winner of the Texas High - Lake Creek game.

Crosby is GOOD imho. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well "those" you spoke with really weren't paying very close attention then. While it wasn't a large score disparity it wasn't really that close of a call especially statistically.  Marshall

Someone from Whitehouse complaining about class and sportsmanship... That's irony. Sports or not.

Why be a douche about it?  Nac doesn’t pick their district.  They compete where they are put... and they dominate.  just say congrats and move on.  Don’t see the point in trying to lessen thei

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, Ace said:

I saw a post on another site that said that PNG exposed FB Marshall as being the product of a weak schedule.   I was really surprised that PNG almost pulled off the huge upset.

Crosby got up on Willowridge 28-0 in the first quarter and coasted to a huge win.   The Cougars might be a real challenge for the winner of the Texas High - Lake Creek game.

I think PNG is just a proud program with tons of history is never an easy game no matter what their seeding is.  I’d never expect them to lay down to anyone. 

On 12/10/2020 at 10:45 AM, Ace said:

Meant in good fun.   I knew you were not offering disrespect in any way.  In fact, I think you were responding to an earlier post that had his name wrong.  

At the end of my post, I switched gears and commented that I have to resist the temptation to be a jerk and try to correct every post that gets the name of Texas High's Stadium wrong.   Through the years, even Texas High posters have gotten the stadium name wrong by referring to is as Grimm rather than Grim.   (Officially changed a few years ago from Grim Stadium to Tiger Stadium at Grim Park).     Al Hanna, the long-time voice of the Tigers would explain it this way:  It's Grim, as in Grim Reaper, not "Grimm" as in "Grimms Fairy Tales".  

My bad, apologies and appreciate your graciousness.

9-5A goes 2-2 against 10-5A..... games were closer than I suspected.

Congrats to PT and Texas High on advancing.

Texas High wins 37-7.  They get Crosby next.
Pine Tree wins 34-28 in OT.  They get Nederland next
Nac falls to Huntsville 29-0

Montgomery got the game winning TD over Whitehouse with a 63 yard run with less than a min left in the game to win 38-31. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Montgomery got the game winning TD over Whitehouse with a 63 yard run with less than a min left in the game to win 38-31. 

Thanks for the updates

7 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Did you see that fog in the Whitehouse game?! Crazy stuff!

Just now, LoboFan07 said:

Did you see that fog in the Whitehouse game?! Crazy stuff!

I didn’t on that game. 

But I saw it on the Nac/Huntsville game. 

5 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

Our district put up a pretty good fight tonight.  Knew Nac was up against it. Thought Texas High would win especially being at Grim.  Thought PT and WH had a 50:50 shot.   Glad to see at least 2 advance. 

Last time two East Texas 5A Div II teams advanced was 2018 when Marshall and Lindale did. 

5A DIVISION I REGION III- Bi-District
Texas High beat Lake Creek 37-7

Crosby beat Fort Bend Willowridge  66-0
Huntsville Vs. Nacogdoches 29-0
Barbers Hill beat Galena Park 51-14
Fort Bend Marshall beat PNG 21-14
Montgomery beat Whitehouse 38-31
Nederland beat Houston Sterling 37-0
Pine Tree beat A&M Consolidated 34-28 IN OT

AREA
Texas High Vs. Crosby
Huntsville Vs. Barbers Hill
FB Marshall Vs. Montgomery
Nederland Vs. Pine Tree

5A DIVISION I REGION II- Bi-District
Aledo beat Hillcrest 77-13
North Forney beat Denison 32-25
South Oak Cliff beat Arlington Seguin 2-0 FORFEIT
Frisco beat Royse City 52-9
Lovejoy beat Greenville 45-30
Everman beat Mesquite Poteet 41-33
Ennis beat Frisco Liberty 49-0
Mansfiled Timberview beat Dallas Kimball 49-7

AREA
Aledo Vs. North Forney
SOC Vs. Frisco
Lovejoy Vs. Everman
Ennis Vs. Mansfield TImberview

-------------

5A DIV I REGION II
Denton Ryan beat Dallas Adams 69-6
Sherman Vs. College Station- SAT 2PM
Lancaster beat Frisco Wakeland 29-6
Longview beat Lufkin 41-5
Highland Park beat New Caney 56-21
Frisco Independence beat Dallas Wilson 58-10
Magnolia beat McKinney North 48-0
Frisco Lone Star beat Dallas White 61-15

AREA
Denton Ryan Vs. College Station/Sherman winner
Lancaster Vs. Longview
Highland Park Vs. Frisco Independence
Magnolia Vs. Frisco Lone Star

East Texas has a HUGE task ahead of them this week.

THS/Crosby
PT/Nederland
Longview/Lancaster

All three look to be great games.

7 minutes ago, EazyMoney said:

9-5A higher seeds won by a combined 36 points (30+6).  10-5A higher seeds won by a combined 36 points (29+7).  I’d call that about as even as it gets.  Good to be the home team tonight.  

1.  I'll eat my crow.... I didn't think PT would compete with AMC.  The Tigers are a proud program with tons of winning tradition and the Pirates took care of business.  Congrats.  They are going to get another big dose of the same thing this coming week in Nederland.  Not a banner year for the Bulldogs.... but they have tons of playoff tradition.  Best of luck PT..... I'm happy for you guys.

2.  I was a little shocked at how THS struggled with Lake Creek in the first half.  But the final score was about what I expected.  Tigers are going to have their hands full with Crosby.  But it's definitely winnable for them.

3.  Nac.... congrats on a strong season.  Defense played well.  Really well.  Offense struggled mightily and it gave too many points to Huntsville.  I still think the Hornets are a favorite for Region III

4.  lmaaaaooooooooooo!!!!!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Tiger fans, what was up with that T High offense in the first half?

Went for it on 4th twice inside the 30 and got stopped. I believe one was a def pass interference that would have led to some kind of points. First offensive position thigh got the ball inside the 20 and then threw a int in the end zone. I think the the qb had an off night and it showed. #2 Stewart the starting rb   ..(over 1000 yards through 7 gms)  played maybe one series tonight. I think when fully healthy that makes a difference. Lake creek deserves all the credit. They got after thigh oline and it showed.