A Meat Shortage in America

DaveTV1

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-24/meat-threats-grow-with-first-brazil-shutdown-u-s-turkey-halt  

This sort of baffles me in a way.  We have had various restaurants basically shut down for an entire month.  I have seen some ranchers advertise on Craigs List to move their products.  I do know that many people did stock up on meat at the beginning of the lock down, but they were refilled quickly.  I know Tyson and Smithfield have both stated that they don't have enough employees that are healthy enough to process the meat, but with so many people out of work it seems they could train someone rather quickly to perform on even a temporary basis.  Tyson does supply many chain restaurants, but it isn't the only chicken processor nor is Smithfield the only pork processor.  It seems to me with so many people eating at home that there should be a surplus with many agricultural products that would be similar to the glut that we have with oil at the present time.  

Other than China being involved with their biological and economic warfare on the U.S. it seems we should actually see an increase of these products.