Discontinued rivalries/series you would like to see renewed

Mavchamp

10 hours ago, centex1 said:

Louisiana is on a different realignment as well.  I have heard that they are going to get on the same one now since their season was messed up due to covid this year. So you might see some cross state games this year. But in the past they have been on a different schedule cycle except when they keep weeks open to play battle of the border special games like that. 

The TX-LA games will likely be coming in 2022. LA is going a 3rd year on their 2019 realignment, and will start doing their realignments in even years like Texas. Could possibly lead to some interesting matchups. Shreveport schools vs Marshall, Longview, Texas High; Waskom or EF vs Haynesville or North Caddo. would be potentially awesome. Logansport vs Joaquin, Tenaha or Timpson. Carthage vs North Desoto, Calvary or Evangel, or Mansfield vs Center would probably be worth the price of admission. Newton vs Many might be the best ticket in the bunch. 

21 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

The TX-LA games will likely be coming in 2022. LA is going a 3rd year on their 2019 realignment, and will start doing their realignments in even years like Texas. Could possibly lead to some interesting matchups. Shreveport schools vs Marshall, Longview, Texas High; Waskom or EF vs Haynesville or North Caddo. would be potentially awesome. Logansport vs Joaquin, Tenaha or Timpson. Carthage vs North Desoto, Calvary or Evangel, or Mansfield vs Center would probably be worth the price of admission. Newton vs Many might be the best ticket in the bunch. 

I would love for Carthage and Evangel to play. 

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

The differences in the rules is another thing too. Playing by the other states rules IE cut blocks

11 hours ago, centex1 said:

The differences in the rules is another thing too. Playing by the other states rules IE cut blocks

and sideline replay. You can use it in LA but not in Texas. 

Just now, centex1 said:

I really think that will change soon. 

as a techy guy, I hope in the next 2-3 years. "unfair" for poor or not rich schools needs not to be an excuse.  Like its weird that I can have an endzone camera run over see what the defense is in then come back and relay that info. But the coach can't take a picture on his phone of it and send it to a coach in the press box. Just out of date stuff. 

29 minutes ago, Slickarick said:

as a techy guy, I hope in the next 2-3 years. "unfair" for poor or not rich schools needs not to be an excuse.  Like its weird that I can have an endzone camera run over see what the defense is in then come back and relay that info. But the coach can't take a picture on his phone of it and send it to a coach in the press box. Just out of date stuff. 

This is true. And with as affordable as technology is getting I think it will change. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Probably depends on your offensive scheme. I don't see Waskom signing up to play someone they can't cut.

Will be interesting for sure. We have scrimmaged Logansport the last several years. Not sure if that might become a game for ‘22 or not. Will be big crowds for sure. 

On 4/19/2021 at 9:59 AM, centex1 said:

Louisiana is on a different realignment as well.  I have heard that they are going to get on the same one now since their season was messed up due to covid this year. So you might see some cross state games this year. But in the past they have been on a different schedule cycle except when they keep weeks open to play battle of the border special games like that. 

Not so much covid but hurricane season was nothing nice. 

https://geauxpreps.com/home/lhsaa-moves-reclassification-process-to-fall-2021/

8 minutes ago, centex1 said:

Gotcha. I am interested to see if any teams in east Texas West Louisiana try to put something down. 

I been throwing it out for a few years that us (Port Arthur Memorial) should try to get a game versus Edna Karr out of New Orleans or at least La Grange or Sulphur.