The Last Dance

DAWG91

12 part documentary on Jordan's Bulls.  Halfway through now.  Terrific show.  I'm certainly no expert on basketball,  in fact I'm no expert on much of anything,  but in my mind MJ is still the GOAT.  Show is definitely worth a watch.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

It's terrific.

It's very well done.  However, it is a MJ directed documentary.  Anything negative said about him, he gets a chance to do a rebuttal.  They literally glaze over the gambling issues.

3 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

It's very well done.  However, it is a MJ directed documentary.  Anything negative said about him, he gets a chance to do a rebuttal.  They literally glaze over the gambling issues.

Unless he went bankrupt from it I don't see the problem with it.

2 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Unless he went bankrupt from it I don't see the problem with it.

I know, but the whole thing is clearly a one-sided story.  It's fantastic, but Jordan isn't going to let himself be seen in a bad light and just leave it that way.  Look at the theme of every episodes.  He creates enemies just so he can win.  Every time he is allowed to go back and change the narrative, he wins.  I think it is fantastic.

16 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I know, but the whole thing is clearly a one-sided story.  It's fantastic, but Jordan isn't going to let himself be seen in a bad light and just leave it that way.  Look at the theme of every episodes.  He creates enemies just so he can win.  Every time he is allowed to go back and change the narrative, he wins.  I think it is fantastic.

There were several on there who called him an TobinFrosthole lol

L

19 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

He creates enemies just so he can win.  Every time he is allowed to go back and change the narrative, he wins.  I think it is fantastic.

Can't remember who it was but that one player told him "good game" after he'd gotten the best of mike on that day.  The reasult of that was a beatdown by MJ the rest of the series.  Love it.

Oh,  and he stuffed one of Shaq's shots. That was epic.

4 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

L

Can't remember who it was but that one player told him "good game" after he'd gotten the best of mike on that day.  The reasult of that was a beatdown by MJ the rest of the series.  Love it.

Oh,  and he stuffed one of Shaq's shots. That was epic.

It was BJ Armstrong and they go over it later that he never actually said anything to MJ after the game...  When they asked MJ about it he says "No, I made it up."  That part made me laugh so hard.

5 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

It was BJ Armstrong and they go over it later that he never actually said anything to MJ after the game...  When they asked MJ about it he says "No, I made it up."  That part made me laugh so hard.

Haha yeah that's right.  Forgot about that.  I was watching while working so i wasnt paying complete attention.

I loved the Rodman episode. The series has reiterated my dislike for Pippen and Kerr. Jordan is a different breed. The closest we have seen since is Kobe. 

1980's-90's NBA was umm...physical...

As a whole the series has been a lot of fun to watch. Lots of good stories, some known and some previously unknown. I do know that it would be extremely difficult for another Jordan to exist in today's NBA...