Spring Hill is open

On 5/8/2020 at 7:56 PM, dillonpanthers said:

Even if Griffis gets it?

I believe a lot of the coaches, including some of the young coaches, have already left.  Bet ya a hundo 20 miles north gives the panthers more to cry about.  By the way, Griffis is a good ball coach.  He can do better.

• Like 1

A current head coach and former Dave Campbell Texas Football coach of the year winner is highly interested. Has ties to the new sup. Has a long history not only improving football, but all sports men and women. Going to get interesting.

11 minutes ago, spartan7 said:

A current head coach and former Dave Campbell Texas Football coach of the year winner is highly interested. Has ties to the new sup. Has a long history not only improving football, but all sports men and women. Going to get interesting.

What area is he currently in?

6 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:
2 hours ago, BringBacktheVEER said:

I believe a lot of the coaches, including some of the young coaches, have already left. 

We know one - Louvier.  Who are the others?  There are two open coaching positions posted on school website besides the AD/HC position.  One is HS & the other is JH.

12 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Will SH remove the interim tag and hire Griffis?

I think yes.  Word on the street is Guidry was #### when JL told him last week he was applying for the GW job.  Guidry proceeded to force JL’s hand - stay and finish what you started or resign and take your chances on the GW job.  Kudos to Guidry for having the guts to force his hand

SH will remove the interim tag and promote Griffis.  SH is looking for long term stability in the athletic program and to build off of the football success from 2019.  Griffis is a key component to keeping the young coaching staff intact that will make both happen.

20 minutes ago, intheknow said:

In my opinion, this is a very unprofessional decision by Guidry.  If JL had already signed a contract for next year or had a year left on his current contract then he can resign at anytime without penalty as long as it's not within 45 days of the start of school.  It's professional courtesy to inform your supt if you are applying for another job but it's not mandatory.  If JL gave Guidry this courtesy then in my opinion, Guidry should have give JL the same professional courtesy of not squeezing him to resign before accepting a job.  If Guidry wants to play the game that way, he can expect some surprise resignations in the future.

So, if Guidry ever decides to leave SH, should SH treat him like he did JL?

As your name implies, you likely know more than I do regarding the traditional practices in the coaching/administration world.  I don’t have an education background.  Your comments are strong assuming the “word on the street” is true.  What if it’s not?  What if JL resigned on his own because he is confident he will get the HC role in GW?

1 hour ago, FootballETX95 said:

I wonder what's going to happen to a couple of coaches that have already cleaned out their lockers at other schools because JL offered them a position at SH. 

If Griffis gets it I'd imagine it will still work out fine. Where were they leaving?

47 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

If Griffis gets it I'd imagine it will still work out fine. Where were they leaving?

One for sure is from Sabine's staff, which is going to be greatly missed, per a parent/player. As I understand it, the players looked up to him. The other I won't comment on until I know for sure he's actually leaving or is it rumortel.

1 hour ago, FootballETX95 said:

One for sure is from Sabine's staff, which is going to be greatly missed, per a parent/player. As I understand it, the players looked up to him. The other I won't comment on until I know for sure he's actually leaving or is it rumortel.

He will be missed if he indeed still leaves.

From Longview News Journal article.  Note bold text as a hint to future announcement.

......Guidry said Louvier was able to add quality coaches to the staff and build a strong continuity. He indicated the school would first interview internally before deciding whether or not to go outside in search of a replacement to the vacated posts.

The job was posted Friday, May 8 and has to remain posted two weeks. That means a decision could be forthcoming Friday, May 22.

We have some phenomenal coaches on our coaching staff. Our number one priority right now is to keep the great coaches we have and not go back to square one,” said Guidry. “We’re asking the question of what’s best for kids and what’s best for programs. A lot of times we don’t ask that question. That’s where we’re starting.”

Guidry said a decision hasn’t been made as to whether or not the football coach and athletic director would be a split role.

Spring Hill needs to take a look at these great coaches we already have that are involved in our program. We can move forward with that. We’re not going to miss a beat,” said Guidry. “It’s been really neat to watch our crew of coaches come together. As devastating as it is to lose Jonny, our coaches are really stepping up and making sure we move forward and continue what we started last year.”

• Like 1