WFAA REPORT DALLAS ISD OUT OF FOOTBALL IN 2020

tomlandry

1 hour ago, tomlandry said:

PER WFAA REPORT

I am watching channel 8 news live and there has been no report that I have seen.  Wouldn't surprise me thought that they wold make that decision 2 months from school starting..  Two months ago was April 23rd.  Too early to make that declaration.

I work in administration at a school outside of Springfield, MO — would be a 4A Div. II school for context — and we are having on-going, ever-changing conversations and planning meetings on the coming fall. There is a massive pushback and hesitancy to go full online virtual learning, with no seated classes and no students on campus whatsoever. There's also the fear a full-blown normality either won't happen at all come August, or won't be sustainable through December. So currently, and this is specifically where I'm involved, we are building out plans and models for blended learning K-12, while gathering and processing data from families on the practical implications of doing something like that. What we're finding is most families in our community, and in Springfield, are going to struggle, logistically, from either a blended or totally virtual learning environment. It will possibly have a severe and lasting impact on a majority of families, not to mention questionable long-term effects on our students' education. The feedback we're receiving is that those particular risks far outweigh the risk of COVID-19.

I say all that to provide a small glimpse into the conversations being had at districts across the country. It's not a simple black-and-white issue, honestly. There are so many shades of grey in this, and so many long-term effects that extend past the health and well-being of the population. So yes, we can listen to the CDC and Health Officials say this is the world you can expect if you DON'T do A, B, and C. But we have a whole other sect of the population that's saying, Yes, but here's what you can expect if we DO abide A, B, and C. Both sides warrant discussion and critical analysis.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Being proactive rather than reactive goes along way.

we can have sayings all day, it wont stop them from closing shop due to liability.  Smaller districts probably wont, bigger ones wont want to take the risk and it will trickle down.

Just now, Raiderfan7000 said:

You will see waivers and signs for prevention. 2018 Flu was way worse . Lots of this will die down around Election time. 

again, hope youre right.  I know there is a movement among teachers, stupidly might i add, to not be back in school but have digital learning again.  I am not among those because I know that we will lose a lot of teachers and probably a paycheck.

We will probably mostly all start the season, we will definitely not finish the season.  Dallas will probably be the first to go, if I had to guess.