Tyler ISD To Consider Renaming Lee and John Tyler

Stoney

27 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Needs to be Tyler North and Tyler South. Almost impossible to hurt anyone’s feelings that way. 

Public School 1 and Public School 2. Let them flip a coin for who gets what.

Changing the name of the high schools will not be a burden on the tax payers. Tisd has at least $30,000,000 left over from the bond. Lee did not cost what they initially said it would cost. JT came in a couple of million dollars less than what they said it would cost. If Tisd ask the taxpayers to foot the bill, then I will vote no for every bond they ask in the future. Tisd has the money to pay for everything. 

• Like 1
  • Roll Eyes 1

6 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

I would make John Tyler into Tyler Rose High School to get around the name change to honor Earl Campbell and make Lee into Azalea Trail High School as a nod to something else local, as well as trying to be original

I got the perfect nickname for a school named Rose City or Tyler Rose....”The Rose Queens.” You know, in honor of the Rose Festival.

More importantly, how many Smoaky handles have to change now?

I'm with @Stoney Public School 1 and 2.  And we should get rid of city names and just use coordinates.  We all have GPS now.  Borders are fascist anyhow, so we don't need counties, states, or countries.

It's everyone's world man....

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

11 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

More importantly, how many Smoaky handles have to change now?

I'm with @Stoney Public School 1 and 2.  And we should get rid of city names and just use coordinates.  We all have GPS now.  Borders are fascist anyhow, so we don't need counties, states, or countries.

It's everyone's world man....

Will Tyler be put on school uniforms? 

24 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

They have too, and the state has to start changing the names of at least 40 counties named after confederate soldiers,Texas Rangers, US presidents..................etc,etc,etc

Smith County

7 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

I wouldn't think so. Probably will be like the Frisco schools. The only one that references Frisco on their uniforms/logo is Frisco High. 

That’s my thinking. Go without a city logo in the name of progress.