Week One: Longview vs Temple

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) vs Temple Wildcats (0-0)  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Temple in a close one
    • Temple in a blow out
    • COVID in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/26/2020 at 12:30 AM

2 hours ago, Gametyme said:

Temple will play 2 QB system vs Longview.

Same for Longview.

The two super sophomores Landyn Grant (6'3 191) and Jordan Allen (6'1 170) are gonna share time.

As for game prediction, give me something similar to last year. 38-7 Longview.

2 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Oh wow. That's a prediction for sure. Would love to see it.

I'll be going the more conservative route...give me Longview 31-21.

Just dont see our defense giving up a whole lot.

Not a lot of positive outlook on Temple's OL and well, our DL and LBs are a strength for us.

Meredith/Haynes have solid games for us out of the backfield, opening up some downfield completions in the passing game.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

I think this this one will be much more competitive then last year. 

Have to agree.

Longview is super young, and I think it'll take a couple games before we get the ball rolling consistently on offense. But we'll see. Doesn't sound like Temple had the greatest time last weekend as well.

Most of our games against one another have been decided in the 4th. Last season's game was really the only one that was determined before halftime.

We'll see.

As long as we cut down on the penalties, I think we'll be fine overall. Just gotta capitalize when we can. Hopefully we don't have any freakin snap issues when we're kicking things, like we did almost every time we kicked last Friday it felt.

24 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

I think this this one will be much more competitive then last year. 

Only way I see it being much more competitive than last year is if Temple can penetrate the backfield consistently. 

They're gonna have to apply pressure on these sophomore QBs and take Longview away from the run. Tall task, Meredith is the best back in ETX and its tough taking him out of the game.

Also, simple Week 1 rust...which is definitely expected. 

37 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Only way I see it being much more competitive than last year is if Temple can penetrate the backfield consistently. 

They're gonna have to apply pressure on these sophomore QBs and take Longview away from the run. Tall task, Meredith is the best back in ETX and its tough taking him out of the game.

They looked really good against the run. I think they can limit Meridith and company this season. My question is can the sophomores Allen and Grant get it done through the air consistently enough. Temple lost its entire back end and that could be problematic. Jalen does scare me and would definitely play him with FS over the top. Temple didn't play bad offense at all in the scrimmage. A TD in the live portion came off the board for taunting. I'm definitely optimistic especially when #7 comes in the game at QB lol. Of course I gotta go with the Cats lol

46 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

They looked really good against the run. I think they can limit Meridith and company this season. My question is can the sophomores Allen and Grant get it done through the air consistently enough. Temple lost its entire back end and that could be problematic. Jalen does scare me and would definitely play him with FS over the top. Temple didn't play bad offense at all in the scrimmage. A TD in the live portion came off the board for taunting. I'm definitely optimistic especially when #7 comes in the game at QB lol. Of course I gotta go with the Cats lol

Jalen Hale a beast for sure.

But King calls these WRs as a whole "the best group of WRs he's ever had"...which says a lot. This is a group that includes 2 other sophomores on varsity besides Hale.

Its gonna be more than Hale to worry about outwide but, I think you see Longview lean more conservative the first week....popping up passes off play action. Trying to get these QBs in rhythm.

Who knows though, King and OC Vallery can be unpredictable.

I can see Temple being somewhat conservative too, playing keep away with RB Samari Howard who is pretty good.

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

Jalen Hale a beast for sure.

But King calls these WRs as a whole "the best group of WRs he's ever had"...which says a lot. This is a group that includes 2 other sophomores on varsity besides Hale.

Its gonna be more than Hale to worry about outwide but, I think you see Longview lean more conservative the first week....popping up passes off play action. Trying to get these QBs in rhythm.

Who knows though, King and OC Vallery can be unpredictable.

I can see Temple being somewhat conservative too, playing keep away with RB Samari Howard who is pretty good.

If Longview gets the play action pass going that will lead to some big plays. Temple has to stay disciplined in that department and if Temple can't stop the run then the flood gates could open up. I'm banking on they will be much better up front vs the run this go around at least I hope so lol

It goes without saying that Temple is gonna sell out defensively to stop the run. They'd be fools not to. So if I'm calling the plays, I take as much pressure off my young QBs as possible. Quick slants and bubble screens. Roll out of the pocket and hit Kaden/Markevion in the flat.

Don't allow Temple to just pin their ears back and come after you. Make them go lateral FIRST, and then start hitting them with inside power. Odd as it sounds, I think we establish the pass to set up the run. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 85lobooldschool said:

07 I can't seem to vote in the poll???

It looks like you already voted on Aug. 28th. It says you chose the Lobos in a close one. 

Let me know if you need me to delete your previous vote so you can vote again. 

• LOL! 2

19 hours ago, ANTI said:

Do you really think Meredith is the best RB in East Texas?, because there are a few others who could be in that category too.

Looking at 247 Sports, Tyler Legacy's Bryson Donnell (3 offers) and Jamarion Miller( 10 offers) are both ranked ahead of Meredith (17 offers).  They are both also ranked ahead of Lufkin's Caleb Berry (20 offers) too, who is verbally committed to Washington., and Berry is rated a few decimal points in front of Meredith.   Look, All are excellent RBs who will be big contributors toward their teams success this year.