Week One: Longview vs Temple

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) vs Temple Wildcats (0-0)  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Temple in a close one
    • Temple in a blow out
    • COVID in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/26/2020 at 12:30 AM

Just now, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Longview must be losing, haven’t seen any updates lol. Just join the party with us and lufkin lol. 2020 said it’s time for change cause lee beating lufkin and lone star falling to north forney should tell you everything we need to know about 2020

We look bad! 

9 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Longview must be losing, haven’t seen any updates lol. Just join the party with us and lufkin lol. 2020 said it’s time for change cause lee beating lufkin and lone star falling to north forney should tell you everything we need to know about 2020

The game is on TV on FSSW if you have access to that channel and Friday Night Football.  4th qtr coming up.

If we don’t have 20 penalties and over 150 yards in penalties I’ll be absolutely shocked.

This second half has been as bad of a half as I can ever remember under coach King.

John Berry should not be a defensive coordinator at this level. 

1 hour ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Temple out there looking like the Temple we faced 2yrs in a row in the playoffs in 16 and 17. Wow. 

It helps when Longview hands them 24 points on turnovers, 5 or so turnovers and had 17 penalties for nearly 150 yards.

Worst Longview half that I can remember. Probably worst since the ‘17 Horn game.

Longview is going to have to get those QBs developed.  The lack of a vertical passing game really hurt the Lobos tonight. Temple loaded the box. I was pleasantly surprised at how well Temple played overall didn'tsee that coming. My guy finished with 6 catches on 7 targets for 35 yards. Dropped what should had been 6. Although it would had been a tough catch and honestly there was about 3 other times he went right by his man and would had been a layup TD but the QB was either sacked our missed him. 

4 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Longview is going to have to get those QBs developed.  The lack of a vertical passing game really hurt the Lobos tonight.

We have the targets for a vertical game. Just a matter of getting them the ball.

None of that will matter though until this OL arrives.

Which QB did you think was better?

Grant went 11-16 for 110, a TD and an INT

Allen went 5-9 for 47

On 9/24/2020 at 8:44 AM, LoboFan07 said:

(LEFT) WR-Rogers Taylor, signed a full scholarship to play at my HBCU Southern University in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I have no Earthly idea why John King won't allow players to wear #1. Just plain silly. Must've had Doug Cox and Robert Bero in his ear.

(RIGHT) DT/QB-William Morrison, played as a starter on the 1997 team and earned a full scholarship to HBCU Texas Southern University in the heart of 3rd Ward Houston, Texas. This dude NEVER truly was given the opportunity to play quarterback for Longview and I am not about to get into the why's. I'll let y'all figure it out if you so wish. Anyway, this dude could absolutely launch a football and his arm strength was documented stronger than most starting quarterbacks that were playing in the N.F.L. at that time and that included Brett Favre. YES. Brett Favre.

As a middle schooler at Judson, he won the National Punt, Pass & Kick competition on TV during the N.F.L. halftime in the mid 90's in San Diego, California. I'd put $500.00 on William Morrison vs Bivins Carraway RIGHT NOW and will double down that he could out throw him by 25 yards OR more for ANYONE that wants to put their money where their mouth is. And, tell Bivins Carraway that I said it. Lol!

1 hour ago, Quick said:

(LEFT) WR-Rogers Taylor, signed a full scholarship to play at my HBCU Southern University in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I have no Earthly idea why John King won't allow players to wear #1. Just plain silly. Must've had Doug Cox and Robert Bero in his ear.

(RIGHT) DT/QB-William Morrison, played as a starter on the 1997 team and earned a full scholarship to HBCU Texas Southern University in the heart of 3rd Ward Houston, Texas. This dude NEVER truly was given the opportunity to play quarterback for Longview and I am not about to get into the why's. I'll let y'all figure it out if you so wish. Anyway, this dude could absolutely launch a football and his arm strength was documented stronger than most starting quarterbacks that were playing in the N.F.L. at that time and that included Brett Favre. YES. Brett Favre.

As a middle schooler at Judson, he won the National Punt, Pass & Kick competition on TV during the N.F.L. halftime in the mid 90's in San Diego, California. I'd put $500.00 on William Morrison vs Bivins Carraway RIGHT NOW and will double down that he could out throw him by 25 yards OR more for ANYONE that wants to put their money where their mouth is. And, tell Bivins Carraway that I said it. Lol!

I remember Morrison. He played DE.  He was pretty good too. Didn't know he was a qb at one point. 

8 hours ago, ANTI said:

We have the targets for a vertical game. Just a matter of getting them the ball.

None of that will matter though until this OL arrives.

Which QB did you think was better?

Grant went 11-16 for 110, a TD and an INT

Allen went 5-9 for 47

I thought  Allen for sure should had got more burn. I didnt want to say anything but during the scrimmage against Texas High I knew he wasn't going to be there yet. Hell the Allen led the opening drive for a TD. But I dont watch the kids everyday. What did you think about my kid out there ?