Gunter needs game 1 opponent

GTAlumnus

11 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

All I’m saying it’s odd that a team full of white boys are shredded after 17 weeks of football and all have a severe case of acne. Maybe they don’t sell nutrogena soap in the town. I don’t know. 

🤔 Sir, that is a racist comment. True...but racist. 😂🤣😂

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ballboy23 said:

don't think that would scare the Tigers. They're scrimmaging Melissa (971) this season. 

1. There's a big difference between a game and a scrimmage.

2. They added Melissa as a scrimmage after the UIL and TAPPS made the changes for the late starts and they had to replace both scrimmages because Van Alstyne went from a scrimmage to their Game 1

The last time Gunter and Celina played was 1999 when they were both in District 11-2A. They then met in the region final. The last time they played a non-district, non-playoff game was 1989.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 12:41 AM, JasonDellaRosa said:

1. There's a big difference between a game and a scrimmage.

2. They added Melissa as a scrimmage after the UIL and TAPPS made the changes for the late starts and they had to replace both scrimmages because Van Alstyne went from a scrimmage to their Game 1

The last time Gunter and Celina played was 1999 when they were both in District 11-2A. They then met in the region final. The last time they played a non-district, non-playoff game was 1989.

Isn't Paul Pewitt playing Celina this year? Heck if thats the case Gunter and Celina need to bring back the 289 rivalry!!

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 11:11 PM, NATUREBOY98 said:

All I’m saying it’s odd that a team full of white boys are shredded after 17 weeks of football and all have a severe case of acne. Maybe they don’t sell nutrogena soap in the town. I don’t know. 

thats worse than our 19 year old freshmen class?

15 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Alls I’m sayin’ is white boys are not supposed to be that shredded after 17 weeks. That papa Johns face didn’t help either. Got a buddy who’s in the medical field who stood next to me on the sidelines.  Before my big mouth could say anything he even stated the obvious. 

What did he say?

”Man those boys must workout year-round.”

• Like 2

On 8/1/2020 at 11:11 PM, NATUREBOY98 said:

You obviously haven't been around Gunter athletes much.  You can take one look at them with their pads off and see that they are not on steroids.  They are usually the smallest team in most of the games they play, but they play so fast and with so much heart.  The difference in why they win each year is 2 things.  Coach Fieszel may be the best coach in AAA football.  He stresses all the little things, and these kids are better prepared than the opponents they play.  He's amazing.  Second is the staff that he's assembled, great football minds and quality men.  That is why Gunter is so good year in and year out.  They out prepare and outwork everyone else.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

That’s generous. I was tiffed he put them on the schedule then rolled out. 

I think Pewitt will score late on Celina's backups.  I'm in agreement, that I can't believe this game was scheduled.  If the Pewitt HC had not left for Mexia, I guarantee you this game would not be on the schedule.