BearFan13

Who ya got?   

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Gilmer
    • Gladewater

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Ok, well it's not a good ideal for anyone to post player's names within the comment. Nothing wrong with posting the comment. Just it can go bad posting a player's name in conjunction with it. I've seen it happen on this site before. J/S

Didn’t know, my mistake 

6 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

I believe neither wins by 14+ . I could see either way but picking Gilmer 28-17 type of game.

Neither team will be in game shape yet.  With both offenses capable of scoring quickly and often, I’m thinking it will be tougher on the defenses especially in the second half.  That points to a higher scoring game IMO.  Give me the Bears in a 41-35 type game.

22 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Neither team will be in game shape yet.  With both offenses capable of scoring quickly and often, I’m thinking it will be tougher on the defenses especially in the second half.  That points to a higher scoring game IMO.  Give me the Bears in a 41-35 type game.

Gilmer is ALWAYS in game shape. Bears are athletic and will probably be close to game shape. Buckeyes win.

39 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

I believe neither wins by 14+ . I could see either way but picking Gilmer 28-17 type of game.

I’m cool with the deficit but I don’t think they will hold us to 17 unless we just give the ball away a bunch. This is one of best offenses we’ve had in a long time. It will also be different than any offense you’ve seen out of GW. They won’t be able to just load the box anymore. 

6 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

Gilmer is ALWAYS in game shape. Bears are athletic and will probably be close to game shape. Buckeyes win.

Let me take you down memory lane to remind you how many points the Black Flag D has allowed in the last five season openers.  Just because Gilmer won doesn’t mean they were in game shape.  Your defense was gassed in the second half of all these games.

2015 - 45 points to LE

2016 - 55 points to LE

2017 - 57 points to LE

2018 - 41 points to Atlanta 

2019 - 26 points to Atlanta

8 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

I’m cool with the deficit but I don’t think they will hold us to 17 unless we just give the ball away a bunch. This is one of best offenses we’ve had in a long time. It will also be different than any offense you’ve seen out of GW. They won’t be able to just load the box anymore. 

I agree with this. The games between these two have been close, and it seems Gladewater recent losses to Gilmer have come down to turnovers. 

1 minute ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Let me take you down memory lane to remind you how many points the Black Flag D has allowed in the last five season openers.  Just because Gilmer won doesn’t mean they were in game shape.  Your defense was gassed in the second half of all these games.

2015 - 45 points to LE

2016 - 55 points to LE

2017 - 57 points to LE

2018 - 41 points to Atlanta 

2019 - 26 points to Atlanta

When JT left after 2014, that defense was almost non existent under Turner ( no offense). Gilmer has and probably always will be about offense. Best players will be on offense, because they will outscore you and make you try and catch up. That philosophy has worked for the most part since 2002, and I believe they won all of those games. Not sure the last time Gilmer has started 0-1?  Football year around. 

11 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

When JT left after 2014, that defense was almost non existent under Turner ( no offense). Gilmer has and probably always will be about offense. Best players will be on offense, because they will outscore you and make you try and catch up. That philosophy has worked for the most part since 2002, and I believe they won all of those games. Not sure the last time Gilmer has started 0-1?  Football year around. 

Read my post again.  “Just because Gilmer won doesn’t mean they were in game shape.”  That was your original comment right?  GW has the same level of athleticism in 2020 as LE and ATL did those years.  This game is NOT going to be low scoring because neither team is in game shape and BOTH defenses will be gassed in the second half because BOTH offenses are explosive.  It’s really going to come down to TO’s and which team can make enough stops down the stretch.

22 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

The defense was under Barr.  Both Barr and Turner retired.  I'm interested to see what the new coaches bring to the table.  I will have a better idea after tonight's scrimmage.  I can't make any calls on this game until I see what happens tonight.  I'm pretty sure Gilmer will win against Gladewater, but at this point I'm leaning toward a close game.  Gladewater wants absolutely NOTHING more than to beat Gilmer, so they will pull out ALL the stops to try and get it done, i.e. trick plays, special plays, etc.  I may be wrong, but I don't think it will be quite enough.

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Haha coming from a guy who moved from Carthage to Spring Hill lol can nobody take u serious lol 

• LOL! 1

19 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

The defense was under Barr.  Both Barr and Turner retired.  I'm interested to see what the new coaches bring to the table.  I will have a better idea after tonight's scrimmage.  I can't make any calls on this game until I see what happens tonight.  I'm pretty sure Gilmer will win against Gladewater, but at this point I'm leaning toward a close game.  Gladewater wants absolutely NOTHING more than to beat Gilmer, so they will pull out ALL the stops to try and get it done, i.e. trick plays, special plays, etc.  I may be wrong, but I don't think it will be quite enough.

Aside from the rivalry aspect I believe this is one of the more talented teams GW has had. The depth Gilmer has could pose a problem but in a rivalry game it doesn’t seem to matter as much. If we can protect the football and play clean this is a winnable game.   

16 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Nice attempt at a deflection Guru.  I’m a lot closer to being right than wrong on this one.  We will see soon enough.  Bears by 6.

Yea y’all bout will have the same outcome can’t wait until y’all losers can talk about man we will get them next yr lol