Pick: 4A-D1 #1 Waco La Vega vs. #4 CC Calallen - Week 3

fromabuick8

La Vega or Calallen?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. La Vega or Calallen?

• Waco La Vega
    • CC Calallen

1 hour ago, Aledo said:

I can promise Calallen is no picnic! And if your best trait is speed then Calallen has played that too. I dont know any team that is fast than Fort Bend Marshall. Calallen just about beat them in '18. 

Just about beat them..... But didnt

Calallen is excited for the game.  We’ve played the best in Texas to include Aledo in the 5A D2 championship game, Fort Bend Marshall, College Station and Manvel to name a few We definitely aren’t intimated.  We can handle the speed.  Our biggest obstacle over the years was being one of the smallest 5A D2 schools and playing teams with double the enrollment and depth.  We look forward now to playing in 4A against schools our own size.  I promise you it will be a battle.   We will be ready.  

I think LV's D will surprise even early this season......they've had a good run for the past 5 years now and Hyde will have them ready to play in this one.  I have no qualms about their speedy RB's finding small seams and breaking some long ones.  Rauls is back at QB for his Senior season and can run with it too.  One thing you can bet on with LV is their blocking to spring those RB's.  Rauls has enough of an arm and athletic ability to keep Callallen's secondary honest, and we know LV has some speed at the wideout position.  LV has a good set of LB's and some big boys on the line on D......and speed in the secondary if Callallen breaks a few.  Should be a very interesting game.  LV is still loaded.

3 hours ago, Aledo said:

I can promise Calallen is no picnic! And if your best trait is speed then Calallen has played that too. I dont know any team that is faster than Fort Bend Marshall. Calallen just about beat them in '18. 

La Vega with the win. 
That defense has had a year to grow and lick their wounds from the state championship game. 
have only watched CC on tv at the state championship game. 
LaVega has size and speed to match 5A schools. 

29 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Pleasant Grove’s is pretty salty too.

Nashville, AR #2

Argyle #2

Paris #14

Silsbee #8

Carthage #1

Both of those schedules are no freaking joke, man. Insane talent in all those matchups. La Vega’s stands out for sure, but PG’s is probably the toughest.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2020 at 5:52 PM, PantherNation2015 said:

Pleasant Grove’s is pretty salty too.

Nashville, AR #2

Argyle #2

Paris #14

Silsbee #8

Carthage #1

Argyle's schedule ain't nothing to sneeze at neither:

Decatur #10   4A-D1

Pleasant Grove #2  4A-D2

Celina #6  4A-D2

La Vega #1  4A-D1

Then they have Paris(#14) and Melissa(#19) in their district to play......both ranked in D-1.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Argyle's schedule ain't nothing to sneeze at neither:

Decatur #10   4A-D1

Pleasant Grove #2  4A-D2

Celina #6  4A-D2

La Vega #1  4A-D1

Then they have Paris(#14) and Melissa(#19) in their district to play......both ranked in D-1.

Along the same vein, Celina scrimmages Decatur next week, then opens the season against Melissa, Paris, and Argyle.

Its nothing compared to the predistrict schedules of LV, PG, WOS and Argyle, but it’s a nice 1-2-3 to start the season.

15 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Oh it's a tough start, for sure.  Celina should be in great shape when district play starts with that kind of predistrict schedule to start off the season.  Looks like both Melissa and Paris have scheduled a couple of tough teams each in predistrict too.  

You honestly have to with that stacked of a district. It's a fight just to make the postseason.