The elephant in the room

trueblue82

16 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I see your point. Supt is in a bad position. She has parents who can actually do some research and see what’s really going on and she has parents who think the bubonic plague is in full swing again. Most people today are blind and listen to msm like it was the Gospel. Seen a guy yesterday driving by himself wearing a damn mask. When are we going to say “you know what, we’ve had enough. We got a constitution and a bill of rights and that supersedes Fauci’s opinions”. We keep letting them add more and more restrictions we won’t have a country anymore. 

I saw a woman Sunday walking across her yard wearing a mask. Some people are a lot easier to manipulate than others. It’s a shame that people in our own country are trying to scare their own people. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

They’re doing necessary guidelines and preventive measures . My personal opinion is is kinda ridiculous making kids wear masks when no data reflects that should be used plus where the government says under ten years old was exempt , but districts are making all ages wear them.

It comes down to these sue happy people that want something for nothing. 

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I see your point. Supt is in a bad position. She has parents who can actually do some research and see what’s really going on and she has parents who think the bubonic plague is in full swing again. Most people today are blind and listen to msm like it was the Gospel. Seen a guy yesterday driving by himself wearing a damn mask. When are we going to say “you know what, we’ve had enough. We got a constitution and a bill of rights and that supersedes Fauci’s opinions”. We keep letting them add more and more restrictions we won’t have a country anymore. 

Out of curiosity, which constitutional right is being violated by the mask ordinances (which are instated/governed at the local level)?

16 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Well let’s see. Hmmmmm pretty sure 1st amendment was steam rolled, in every way possible. Wanna buy liquor? Sure👍. Wanna attend your church and practice your faith? Ahhh hell no. Granny dies. Going to have to draw straws to see which 10 relatives get to go to her funeral. Just to big of a risk. BUT protest pose no threat whatsoever. Wanna work out at the gym? Nope. Get your azz back in the house and eat Little Debbies. If you’re a liberal you can put whatever the hell up you want to on a media platform. Conservatives? They seem to have theirs taken down. Mom & Pop shops y’all shutter your businesses. Hey Wally World you’re good to go. Herding 100’s of people in a giant retail store poses no threat. A few people down at the local diner though, hell they may make this spread like wildfire. 

The fact you read that and the first thing that popped into your brain was that “mask aren’t to bad” is proof they took over without a shot fired. Some blind mother lovers in this world. 

Sheeple.  I haven't put a mask on yet. When they ask I just say no thanks.  I interact with people everyday working for the city and vast majority dont wear the masks.   Upshur county has 42000 people with 3(three) deaths from covid 19.  Come on people. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Well let’s see. Hmmmmm pretty sure 1st amendment was steam rolled, in every way possible. Wanna buy liquor? Sure👍. Wanna attend your church and practice your faith? Ahhh hell no. Granny dies. Going to have to draw straws to see which 10 relatives get to go to her funeral. Just to big of a risk. BUT protest pose no threat whatsoever. Wanna work out at the gym? Nope. Get your azz back in the house and eat Little Debbies. If you’re a liberal you can put whatever the hell up you want to on a media platform. Conservatives? They seem to have theirs taken down. Mom & Pop shops y’all shutter your businesses. Hey Wally World you’re good to go. Herding 100’s of people in a giant retail store poses no threat. A few people down at the local diner though, hell they may make this spread like wildfire. 

The fact you read that and the first thing that popped into your brain was that “mask aren’t to bad” is proof they took over without a shot fired. Some blind mother lovers in this world. 

It's a mistake for you to imply it's a fact that  "masks* aren't too* bad" popped into my brain when I read your comment on the US Constitution.

I have actually practiced my faith unimpeded through all of this, both in-person, online and through LITERAL practice of actually being the church to the community. I've kept myself in good physical shape (best I've ever been in, actually). I've attended a community protest that was completely non-violent and led to productive dialogue between law enforcement and "at-risk" communities in my city, which further led to some really cool initiatives between the PD and those marginalized groups. I attended this understanding the risk, and we were informed many times by our local health departments that attending protests could cause spikes in COVID cases, and we should actually avoid it, or at the least masks should be worn and social distance should be implemented (this wasn't always adhered to in this particular protest). I don't post anything political on social media because doing so has a net-value of exactly zero. I'll engage in dialogue with some on this site, or in person, because I enjoy intellectual conversation (not bickering/arguing). I've also fought tooth and nail to help my wife keep her small business (wedding/event planner), which she built herself from the ground up, afloat during this very difficult time, and we've not asked for even a hint of government assistance. And if you don't own your own business, you have zero idea how difficult this is. My city has done a good job of trying to mitigate risks while being practical in our understanding that we must assume risk in order to keep our local economy going.

So when you say "they" took over without firing a shot, I'm unsure who "they" are, and what exactly "they" took over. Nobody has taken over my community or my family, or my faith or personal and/or political beliefs. I still believe in the Bible. I still believe in the church. I still believe in science. I still believe in exploration. I still believe in good stewardship. I still believe in individual freedoms. I still believe in state-and-local government. I still believe in democracy. I still believe America is better than its current profiteering two-party system run by lobbyists and billionaires. I am still and will always be skeptical of the federal government (regardless of party in office). I still believe the people should have the power. I still believe government officials and politicians (state/local/federal) should never have a comfortable day on the job and should fear for their political lives the moment they take office until they step down. I still believe we has humans have a bigger and much more fulfilling calling than this chest-thumping nationalism. I still believe Jesus could not have put it more plainly than he did in Matthew 22:36-40. I still believe I fall short of that too often and need the reconciling grace of Christ every single day I wake up.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Problem is College players are beginning to opt out for future financial possibilities. College presidents don't want to admit they need these players. If they admit it then that makes an athlete more valuable than just a student.....That would mean that College athletes would need to be compensated for their value. Thus College presidents would have to come off some of the major profits they make off these young adults....The whole system of amateur athletics is about to be overhauled.....

But college presidents don't need those players.

Grant those players their release and sign the next kid in line. Their is no shortage of athletes willing to play for the perks the current system offers. Didn't the current players sign up for this system knowing they wouldn't be paid? I personally,  and I believe most fans, do not watch college football for the players. If Johnny football is lighting it up in Kyle field fine, get er done. If he opted out next guy up and the fans would still pack out the stadium and cheer for option #2! 

I'm predicting/ hoping this movement backfires on student athletes. I'm guessing it moves everything toward the ivy league/ D3 model. No scholarships awarded anywhere. Schools still make their money and middle to upper class family athletes and academic scholarship eligible players make up the team. 

And everyone would still watch

4 hours ago, StangtilDeath said:

Sheeple.  I haven't put a mask on yet. When they ask I just say no thanks.  I interact with people everyday working for the city and vast majority dont wear the masks.   Upshur county has 42000 people with 3(three) deaths from covid 19.  Come on people. 

I haven't put on a mask nor have I "social distanced".......and won't......

55 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

That was sarcasm, Sorry. I guess it would be up to the NCAA or the school to decide what happens to kneelers. As long as the acceptance or consequences of said violation is known ahead of time I could care less. 

Yep. Explain the consequences first, and when it happens, drop them. When you are representing ANYONE other than just yourself, stuff like that is 100% unacceptable. 

28 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Some folks take the country for granted. Not appropriate imo 

Agreed. That’s why I’m for banning the confederate flag for now and forever.

(*edited, because I replied to wrong thing earlier)

15 hours ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Masks and social distancing will not prevent the virus. Limit yes . However, when you set exceptions voting , “ peaceful protests” , Eating at the table ect then you tend to lose credibility. The masks will prevent a very small scale of droplets from the other person. If you get a virus your immune system will fight it off. If not there absolutely nothing that will prevent . We will pretend that children are dying at a mass rate. The elderly and folks that had something else are the ones that should be social distancing and helped. Quarantine is not intended for healthy people. Actually counterproductive and decreases quality of life. The stats are out there and the ones believing the propaganda and fear garbage shouldn’t be making decisions. 

Where did you get your Dr. of Medicine degree Raiderfan? Kilgore JC?

8 minutes ago, Purpleforever said:

When you become a citizen you take an oath to the American flag and country.

Agreed! He wanted the Confederate flag banned so I asked what about those. I see no harm in remembering our past but I see a lot of harm in trying to erase it. 

5 minutes ago, Purpleforever said:

They left their country to get away from it, they shouldn't expect things to be run like what they left.

Yes and many of those folks still take pride in displaying the flag of their homeland / heritage. I would argue those folks whose family's roots are in the Confederacy should be extended the same freedoms. 

you can't erase it, it will always be there. but that is just like the immigrants leaving their country and coming over here and trying to make us like them. If you like your country so well, go back to it. this is America where we have Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter.

2 hours ago, trashyhound said:

Agreed! He wanted the Confederate flag banned so I asked what about those. I see no harm in remembering our past but I see a lot of harm in trying to erase it. 

A lot of people want to remember the past so we don’t repeat it but then want to erase all the reminders of the past. Makes ZERO sense. All the immigrants that have come here legally to make their life better and make the United States home love our country and the people in it. Why? Because they haven’t been taught to be offended by EVERYTHING.