The elephant in the room

trueblue82

15 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Same reason you want to ban the Confederate Flag?

Truth be told, I don't care about any of it. I think we're all bigger and better and have more responsibility to one another and are called to more than allegiance to a piece of cloth. But there is great sport in trolling all the low-IQ blut and boden's on this site who think flying a confederate flag is simply "remembering history." Remembering history manifests much more progressively than that tired old act.

3 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

Truth be told, I don't care about any of it. I think we're all bigger and better and have more responsibility to one another and are called to more than allegiance to a piece of cloth. But there is great sport in trolling all the low-IQ blut and boden's on this site who think flying a confederate flag is simply "remembering history." Remembering history manifests much more progressively than that tired old act.

Just because someone is proud to be from the South doesn’t mean they are proud of what the South fought for. Every peoples on the whole planet had slaves at one time or another. Judging someone for flying a Rebel Flag is prejudice. Maybe they are just proud of being a Southerner. The first people to immigrate to North America, the American Indians, took weaker tribes as slaves and sold them but they aren’t demonized. Matter of fact, I know of only one race of people that are demonized for slavery. Seems a little racist to me. 

18 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

The truth is we would all be better off if we could all recognize the lies of Satan. The lies are what is keeping us divided. 

1 minute ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Just because someone is proud to be from the South doesn’t mean they are proud of what the South fought for. Every peoples on the whole planet had slaves at one time or another. Judging someone for flying a Rebel Flag is prejudice. Maybe they are just proud of being a Southerner. The first people to immigrate to North America, the American Indians, took weaker tribes as slaves and sold them but they aren’t demonized. Matter of fact, I know of only one race of people that are demonized for slavery. Seems a little racist to me. 

To be clear, slavery — of all kinds, committed by all peoples — is demonized, and should be demonized now and forevermore. There shouldn't be any pride in that being a part of our history as humans. Period. Also, it's fine to be "prejudiced" against a rebel flag and what that rebel flag fought for, who and what it fought against, and the belief system that drove it. Pride in being from the south and pride in the confederacy are very different.

1 minute ago, d0tc0m said:

To be clear, slavery — of all kinds, committed by all peoples — is demonized, and should be demonized now and forevermore. There shouldn't be any pride in that being a part of our history as humans. Period. Also, it's fine to be "prejudiced" against a rebel flag and what that rebel flag fought for, who and what it fought against, and the belief system that drove it. Pride in being from the south and pride in the confederacy are very different.

Like you said, it’s just a piece of cloth, people growing up with it now just look at it as a Southern flag not a racist confederate flag. Yes, some still take pride in the Confederacy but we can’t judge all people because of the actions of a few right?

1 hour ago, d0tc0m said:

Ban them for what?

I wouldn't. You started the "let's ban flags" with your banning of the Confederate flag comment. I was just assuming if you are for banning one flag you would be for banning others who oppressed people. 

I am in favor of freedom for all. I'm for freedom to fly a blm flag, Confederate flag, or any other flag you choose. 

1 minute ago, trashyhound said:

I wouldn't. You started the "let's ban flags" with your banning of the Confederate flag comment. I was just assuming if you are for banning one flag you would be for banning others who oppressed people. 

I am in favor of freedom for all. I'm for freedom to fly a blm flag, Confederate flag, or any other flag you choose. 

Lol keep up trashy

27 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Like you said, it’s just a piece of cloth, people growing up with it now just look at it as a Southern flag not a racist confederate flag. Yes, some still take pride in the Confederacy but we can’t judge all people because of the actions of a few right?

I think that speaks to the lack of education, then. If people growing up now look at the chief symbol of the confederacy as just a southern pride thing, then we haven't actually remembered much about our history.

51 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

So you get to decide WHY people fly their choice of flags? 

Am I one of the "low IQ blood and soil Nazis" because I believe in freedom? 

Also, Can people not be proud of the Confederate States of America in spite of the stain of slavery? Please tell me you know that war was about more than slavery.

1 minute ago, d0tc0m said:

I think that speaks to the lack of education, then. If people growing up now look at the chief symbol of the confederacy as just a southern pride thing, then we haven't actually remembered much about our history.

Please, enlighten us on that history that you know so much better than the rest of us uneducated folks. 

14 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

So you get to decide WHY people fly their choice of flags? 

Am I one of the "low IQ blood and soil Nazis" because I believe in freedom? 

Also, Can people not be proud of the Confederate States of America in spite of the stain of slavery? Please tell me you know that war was about more than slavery.

No.

No.

That's a personal decision. I do.

I was wondering this at this point I not sure if the first week games will take place then you have to take in account if parents want there kids that choose not to go to school and do home school is it safe to play? I wish all this was gone and over but we a long way from that I think we may get two weeks of football then they will end up shutting down

8 minutes ago, 3rdcoastent said:

I was wondering this at this point I not sure if the first week games will take place then you have to take in account if parents want there kids that choose not to go to school and do home school is it safe to play? I wish all this was gone and over but we a long way from that I think we may get two weeks of football then they will end up shutting down

The biggest problem I see is that this virus will never be gone. 

1 hour ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

The biggest problem I see is that this virus will never be gone. 

Exactly! This is why we need to learn to live with it. Living in a shut down society is not sustainable. Even if they come up with a vaccine, it's probably going to work about as well as the flu shots they give every year. 

5 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

I know 😂 I’m just saying even having had it I still don’t understand shutting everything down. 

I won’t ever know if I have it because I don’t want to have something shoved that far up my nose. Supposedly they are doing randoms at work and we have to shove it up our own nose. I’ll probably quit the day I get selected. 😂

5 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

I won’t ever know if I have it because I don’t want to have something shoved that far up my nose. Supposedly they are doing randoms at work and we have to shove it up our own nose. I’ll probably quit the day I get selected. 😂

I would no doubt quit a job that forced me to undergo a medical test that I didn’t want. The only way I was getting tested was if my symptoms were so severe that I had to be hospitalized. Thankfully it never got to that point.