Garrison @ Waskom Aug 28th

Wild74

Garrison @ Waskom  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this early game

Tough test for the dawgs in week 1 .... New coach, new system ....  Dawgs are young and several new starters will need to step up their game ... Waskom has to be the clear favorite at home .... Garrison will keep it respectable, but i have to give the nod to the WW .....

7 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Tough test for the dawgs in week 1 .... New coach, new system ....  Dawgs are young and several new starters will need to step up their game ... Waskom has to be the clear favorite at home .... Garrison will keep it respectable, but i have to give the nod to the WW .....

Waskom has all their RBs back except the QB and we lost a couple of good lineman. I don't know who the QB will be we have 3 trying out for the position one is a freshman but I think they will go with the Junior QB. A years experience means a lot so I think they will be fairly good this year. Garrison is always tough so I look for a good competitive game.  

11 hours ago, Wild74 said:

Waskom has all their RBs back except the QB and we lost a couple of good lineman. I don't know who the QB will be we have 3 trying out for the position one is a freshman but I think they will go with the Junior QB. A years experience means a lot so I think they will be fairly good this year. Garrison is always tough so I look for a good competitive game.  

Wild, what is the name of the JR QB you speak of? Just wondering if it is the kid I am thinking of.

1 hour ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Ok, thanks. That is the kid I was thinking of. 

He is in a battle for starting QB with a freshman who was QB on the 8th grade team last year, his last name is Watson and is going to be good but might be a little early for him to start, not sure Waskom has ever had a freshman start at QB. They both have different talents, Gonzalez is quick but not very tall, Watson is quick and a lot taller and can throw but not near as experienced as Gonzalez on reading and running the triple option. I give Gonzalez the edge right now.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wild74 said:

He is in a battle for starting QB with a freshman who was QB on the 8th grade team last year, his last name is Watson and is going to be good but might be a little early for him to start, not sure Waskom has ever had a freshman start at QB. They both have different talents, Gonzalez is quick but not very tall, Watson is quick and a lot taller and can throw but not near as experienced as Gonzalez on reading and running the triple option. I give Gonzalez the edge right now.  

I saw the freshman play last year. He has a great arm. Good sized kid.