Waco La Vega vs WO-S

powerlifter

with all the D1 players west orange stark has this year and the three out of state kids Thompson  and his staff have been waiting  for a good match up  but could not hook up with Carthage maybe in the playoffs .La Vega is not new to west orange stark football   we are taking the mustangs by 17

• LOL! 1

4 hours ago, powerlifter said:

with all the D1 players west orange stark has this year and the three out of state kids Thompson  and his staff have been waiting  for a good match up  but could not hook up with Carthage maybe in the playoffs .La Vega is not new to west orange stark football   we are taking the mustangs by 17

That's a lot of confidence right there.  La Vega hasn't lost a game by 17 points since November 14, 2014.  Anything is possible though.  Props to WOS, they are a storied program and I'm excited for this game...win or lose.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, fromabuick8 said:

That's a lot of confidence right there.  La Vega hasn't lost a game by 17 points since November 14, 2014.  Anything is possible though.  Props to WOS, they are a storied program and I'm excited for this game...win or lose.

He doesn't post unless he's drunk.

Evidently....

• LOL! 1

On 8/14/2020 at 9:49 PM, fromabuick8 said:

just pulling your leg about the points way to early to say stupid stuff like that La Vega is one of best teams in the state hands down this will be a feeling out games for both team  to early to get excited dont you think  my brother in law is the DL and LB coach at WO-S  and very smart man both teams have outstanding speed  on both sides of the ball now ending this  GOOD LUCK to both teams only 1400 tickets will be sold first come first serve

By Week 4 when LV and Argyle meet again......hopefully both teams will be healthy and playing in great form.  I kinda expect Coach Hyde to have the Pirates well-prepared early this season so that he can continue to develop the depth for the program.  There's some real competition out there in 4A this season in both divisions.......so regardless of enrollment it will be great to see some of these premier teams playing predistrict games against each other before the games that really count start on the schedule.  When some of the top teams in the classification meet.......it really don't matter what division they are in.  That being said........I'll take LV in this one by 10 points.  Their good kicker Chavez graduated, but I'm sure they have another one if they need him.

19 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

By Week 4 when LV and Argyle meet again......hopefully both teams will be healthy and playing in great form.  I kinda expect Coach Hyde to have the Pirates well-prepared early this season so that he can continue to develop the depth for the program.  There's some real competition out there in 4A this season in both divisions.......so regardless of enrollment it will be great to see some of these premier teams playing predistrict games against each other before the games that really count start on the schedule.  When some of the top teams in the classification meet.......it really don't matter what division they are in.  That being said........I'll take LV in this one by 10 points.  Their good kicker Chavez graduated, but I'm sure they have another one if they need him.

If the Eagles are going to win by 10 I’d say they are going to need a kicker.

I was looking at LV's roster from last season because you really cannot see what they have from MaxPreps for this season yet.   Guess what???   They will have a MAMMOTH offensive line.......absolutely MAMMOTH!!!   I thought Argyle's O-line was huge until I looked at their roster from last season.   Most of these guys were juniors.  Looks like their O-line will average above 300 lbs across........and with experience!!  Most were juniors and will be back.   If they did graduate a senior starter, the junior behind him is bigger and probably saw plenty of action last season.

8 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

If the Eagles are going to win by 10 I’d say they are going to need a kicker.

I'm picking LV by 10 over the Starkers in this game.  They lost their good kicker to graduation, but I bet they have another guy ready to go if they need him.

11 hours ago, Hagar said:

Based on these post, LV might be taking WOS lightly.   Be a serious mistake.  Thing about WOS, they think they can play with anyone.  
Should be a great game.  

I'm sure LV is aware of WOS and will not be taking them lightly, and I guess we will find out if WOS can play with "anyone".  This game will test for both teams.  

• Like 1

over the 35 years WO-S has played state powers about ever year  back in hall fame coach Dan Hooks days he try to hook up with 6A schools no dice but one had the guts to come over to West Orange the Houston team  was #1 in the country at that time maybe some of you might remember that  reading what Thompson has put on orange leader paper web site if 6A teams would like to play them  pick up the phone .    

6 hours ago, coachkells said:

I'm sure LV is aware of WOS and will not be taking them lightly, and I guess we will find out if WOS can play with "anyone".  This game will test for both teams.  

Whether they can or cannot play with anyone is not the point.   The point is their mental attitude.  Unlike many teams, who’d know prior to playing LV, they were going to lose, WOS never appears to give in to that.   Btw, I’m not a WOS fan.  I’ve spent a lot of time watching them beat teams I pull for.   You’re absolutely right about one thing, will be a good test for both, and probably the premier Week 1 game in the State.   From what I’ve read, LV is loaded.   WOS scrimmages Vidor Thursday.   If I hear any tidbits, I’ll pass them along.   Just so looking forward to some HS football.

16 hours ago, Hagar said:

Whether they can or cannot play with anyone is not the point.   The point is their mental attitude.  Unlike many teams, who’d know prior to playing LV, they were going to lose, WOS never appears to give in to that.   Btw, I’m not a WOS fan.  I’ve spent a lot of time watching them beat teams I pull for.   You’re absolutely right about one thing, will be a good test for both, and probably the premier Week 1 game in the State.   From what I’ve read, LV is loaded.   WOS scrimmages Vidor Thursday.   If I hear any tidbits, I’ll pass them along.   Just so looking forward to some HS football.

LV scrimmages China Spring Thursday heard it a closed scrimmage.