Best 1A-4A games in the first 3 weeks for those that have to wait

Mavchamp

On 8/17/2020 at 9:22 AM, d0tc0m said:

Argyle at Celina on 9/11 will be a fun one. Usually a really good atmosphere. A chance to see the Bobcats new stadium, too, for those that haven't.

Another one that won't get as much attention but will be a nice cross-class matchup is Paul Pewitt at Celina on 9/18. Should be hard hitting. A nice nostalgic throwback to the 2005 2A state championship game, too.

Melissa at Celina 8/28 should be a great game to go see. Two top 25 teams in each division. 

On 8/17/2020 at 9:22 AM, d0tc0m said:

Argyle at Celina on 9/11 will be a fun one. Usually a really good atmosphere. A chance to see the Bobcats new stadium, too, for those that haven't.

Another one that won't get as much attention but will be a nice cross-class matchup is Paul Pewitt at Celina on 9/18. Should be hard hitting. A nice nostalgic throwback to the 2005 2A state championship game, too.

Melissa at Celina 8/28 should be a great game to go see. Two top 25 teams in each division. 

On 8/17/2020 at 4:42 PM, d0tc0m said:

So nothing like the 28-12 classic from a decade and a half ago, huh?

Celina better beat the breaks off PP

13 hours ago, RedRed said:

Celina better beat the breaks off PP

Yeah that season opener between the Bobcats and Cardinals ought to be entertaining for sure. Celina ought to be much better in 2020 than they've been the past 2-3 years. Melissa had a ton of young talent on last year's group, too. Both teams will be breaking in new QBs.

As far as Celina/PP, I'm sure the Bobcats will win handily. I think they just wanted to get a good look at a power-run game with a strong offensive line. The Brahmas may not be what they were a year ago, but their offensive line in largely in tact.

6 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

Yeah that season opener between the Bobcats and Cardinals ought to be entertaining for sure. Celina ought to be much better in 2020 than they've been the past 2-3 years. Melissa had a ton of young talent on last year's group, too. Both teams will be breaking in new QBs.

As far as Celina/PP, I'm sure the Bobcats will win handily. I think they just wanted to get a good look at a power-run game with a strong offensive line. The Brahmas may not be what they were a year ago, but their offensive line in largely in tact.

Not as " in tact" as you think in hump back nation. They lost their 2nd best lineman a few weeks ago. He's not attending school. He's going the virtual route.