Terrell @ Gilmer Scrimmage Results

BigBrother

Scrimmage Results:
Gilmer 9th- 7 Touchdowns
Terrell 9th- 3 Touchdowns 

Gilmer JV- 5 Touchdowns
Terrell JV- 0 Touchdowns, 2 First Downs (1 on penalty)

Varsity scrimmage results:
Gilmer 2 TD'S
Terrell 0 TD'S
Gilmer Offense:
19 rushes for 92 yards, 2 TD's
12 of 18 passing for 148 yards, 2 Int's
37 plays for 240 yards, 2 TD's, 11 first downs
Terrell Offense:
25 rushes for 54 yards (1 run for 64 yards), 1 fumble 
6 of 12 passing for 123 yards
37 plays for 177 yards, 6 first downs

20 hours ago, Aledo said:

Watched the scrimmage on vimeo and was more impressed with Terrell than I was Gilmer. Never seen either team play before but I know Gilmer has had success recently. Thought there was good work by both teams. 

Impressed with Terrell? They got shutout 🤷

23 hours ago, Aledo said:

Watched the scrimmage on vimeo and was more impressed with Terrell than I was Gilmer. Never seen either team play before but I know Gilmer has had success recently. Thought there was good work by both teams. 

Careful with that. 

It looked to me like Terrell needs a ton of work on their O-line.  The Buckeye D-line was in the backfield on every play.  Other than a couple of long plays, the Tigers didn't do much of anything.  Terrell has good athletes all over the field.  They will get better.

The Buckeyes looked "pretty" sharp all things considered.  They will only get better, too.

1 hour ago, Aledo said:

My expectations for Terrell were so low that I thought they would either get sacked or lose yards almost every play. I had a cousin who went to school in Terrell and he said they had an awful football team. With Gilmer I know they have made good runs more recently and I have heard of them being contenders. Heck, a really good Aledo DB moved to Gilmer in 2017. So given what I thought about both programs, Terrell did impress me more than what I thought I was going to see. 

Uh, they did lose yards nearly every play.  They made positive yards on about 6 or 7 plays all night.  The Buckeye offense didn't look as sharp as usual, but it was the first scrimmage with several starters out.

1 hour ago, Aledo said:

My expectations for Terrell were so low that I thought they would either get sacked or lose yards almost every play. I had a cousin who went to school in Terrell and he said they had an awful football team. With Gilmer I know they have made good runs more recently and I have heard of them being contenders. Heck, a really good Aledo DB moved to Gilmer in 2017. So given what I thought about both programs, Terrell did impress me more than what I thought I was going to see. 

Gotcha

1 hour ago, Maineman1988 said:

My understanding is, Coach saw his players were gassed and thought it would be better to drag up them to keep pushing and get his players injured.  Makes sense 

That’s understandable but he didn’t say anything to our coaches he just got his kids and left lol