***Week 1: Troup Tigers @ Alto Yellowjackets - 8/28/2020***

StingEmALTO

Troup Tigers @ Alto Yellowjackets   

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/29/2020 at 12:30 AM

The Alto Yellowjackets (11-2A D1) will host the Troup Tigers (9-3A D2) in the first game of this Covid season. The Jackets are a young group, returning 10 lettermen with 2 offensive and 2 defensive starters. Alto graduated 17 seniors and finished the 2019 season 11-1, while the JV Jackets finished with a 10-0 record. The Mean Sting is picked by Dave Campbell’s Texas Football to win District 11-2A followed by Grapeland, Groveton, and Centerville. Coach Meeks is beginning his third season in Alto. 

The Troup Tigers return 12 lettermen with 3 offensive and 6 defensive starters. The Tigers finished the 2019 campaign 7-5 overall and 5-2 in district. Texas Football has the Tigers predicted to finish 4th in District 9-3A D2 behind West Rusk, Harmony, and Winona.

Interestingly, the Jackets and the Tigers first played in the inaugural year of Alto Football in 1927 (!) with Troup taking the win 48-0. The Tigers lead the series 14-15-2 (or 4?) with the Jackets having won the last 4 out of 6 meetings since 2000. The last time the two met was in 2015 when Alto won 30-7. 

Who goes 1-0?

• Like 2

I just wish this game could kick off in a true Alto season opening atmosphere. But, here we are....Very thankful these boys and all the others across the state are able to play. They only get so many of these. With that said, I expect this young group of Jackets will settle in early and play with the same heart and pride we see year in and year out while finding a way to handle business. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Unashamed said:

I was thinking more like a murder hornet with lightning bolts shooting out of his stinger.  And in the background cities were burning down and women were holding crying children.....but maybe thats going too far.  

“Murder hornet with lightning bolts!”  🤣 I think you may be onto something Unashamed Greezy with the swan avatar.  😂

6 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

You know I gotta go with alto.js

Bet y’all get after Westwood, too. I think we’ve just switched first games with y’all. We played Westwood the last two years and Carlisle had Troup if memory serves (and that’s a big IF!) lol

31 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Will either of the schools have an online game stream?

Yes sir.  The Jackets will be live streamed this season on the Alto ISD Facebook page with Lee Pearman, JD Pearman, and Trey Todd providing the play-by-play and commentary:

https://www.facebook.com/AltoYellowjackets

Because we are live streaming we will not be broadcasting on the radio this year.  Did a test run at the scrimmage and it worked well!  There were a few audio glitches, but I believe those have been resolved.