What justifies a police involved shooting? And..is a police involved shooting EVER JUSTIFIED against a black person?

TTman7

24 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

What if you don’t know that there is a weapon ? Does the cop just wait for the possibility of the person to get it? 

Now if you're talking about the Blake case, someone reaching in their vehicle is a different thing. With that being said, I don't for the life of me understand how he got to the door with out being tackled by the cops and someone kicking the door shut. 

Many people have been shot bc the police thought a wallet was a weapon. 

21 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Now if you're talking about the Blake case, someone reaching in their vehicle is a different thing. With that being said, I don't for the life of me understand how he got to the door with out being tackled by the cops and someone kicking the door shut. 

Many people have been shot bc the police thought a wallet was a weapon. 

What happened to a taser? Why didn't they tackle him? Police are scary ppl with guns and resort to shooting first chance they get, im not for defunding but better training is the #1 issue to resolve some of this

12 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

I like the Chicago PD rule.....lol....if you run from the cops you wake up in the hospital.....if you shoot at a cop you wind up in the morgue......😅😅

Used to be true in a lot of places, regardless of race, creed, religion!

10 minutes ago, JETT said:

What happened to a taser? Why didn't they tackle him? Police are scary ppl with guns and resort to shooting first chance they get, im not for defunding but better training is the #1 issue to resolve some of this

I haven't seen the tape of this but they say he struggled with the police before hand. If that is indeed true how is he able to just basically walk at a brisk pace to the vehicle? What a cop's tired? Tackle his guess I'll punch is in if you want to cuff him and that's it.

10 minutes ago, JETT said:

I assume you have never had the cajones to strap on a badge and gun. Tasers work on some folks not on others especially those with heavy drugs in the system. Also there is an action/ reaction factor.

2 minutes ago, Olduy said:

I assume you have never had the cajones to strap on a badge and gun. Tasers work on some folks not on others especially those with heavy drugs in the system. Also there is an action/ reaction factor.

So the cops knew a taser will not work?  Let's just say if they were trained better it would have never gotten to that point. If he had ran full-speed to try to get in the vehicle do what you got to do. but with all the stuff that they say transpired before this happened and what I saw on the video they had ample opportunity to stop him.

1 minute ago, Olduy said:

How will you know if it works if you dont deploy it? 2 offiicers 1 guy, they had him on the ground it seems in the video... how do you let him get up and make it around the vehicle? I assume you had the cajones and were a officer that drew your weapon on everyone? 🙄

3 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

So the cops knew a taser will not work?  Let's just say if they were trained better it would have never gotten to that point. If he had ran full-speed to try to get in the vehicle do what you got to do. but with all the stuff that they say transpired before this happened and what I saw on the video they had ample opportunity to stop him.

EXACTLY!!!!  

1 minute ago, ObiOne said:

This is what can happen if a violent person resists arrest and makes it to their car.  It can happen fast!

Nobody's disputing the fact of why you should shoot when someone is reaching in a vehicle. Please don't hijack or misunderstand with me and Jack are talking about. We are saying there was ample opportunity to even stop him from getting into his vehicle. The cops already knew what they would have to do if he made it to that vehicle yet they basically watched him walk to the vehicle after they apparently had a scuffle with him. 

7 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Nobody's disputing the fact of why you should shoot when someone is reaching in a vehicle. Please don't hijack or misunderstand with me and Jack are talking about. We are saying there was ample opportunity to even stop him from getting into his vehicle. The cops already knew what they would have to do if he made it to that vehicle yet they basically watched him walk to the vehicle after they apparently had a scuffle with him. 

I'm not a cop, but my understanding is that once you have guns drawn on a suspect...the time for tackling, wrestling, etc... is no longer an option.  You do not engage in hand to hand combat with a gun drawn.  Too easy for suspect to gain control of gun and shoot police or bystanders.  Once you have a gun drawn on you it is up to you to obey commands and not make any moves that could in any way be considered threatening.  This suspect was a seasoned felon and knew the rules.  He chose to make those moves.  The cops had a split second to make theirs.  I for one am glad they are going home to their families.  I am sad that the suspect got shot, but it was his choice really.

2 hours ago, JETT said:

Their Tasers malfunctioned from what I read yesterday.....

1 hour ago, ctown81 said:

Typical blame the cop......he was a rapist.....he got what he deserved......

• Like 1

Regardless of the man's crimes I still won't say he deserved to get shot. I can acknowledge that he possibly forced the cops hand in the matter. 

I feel bad for the cop. I think the "say their names" thing works both ways. Let's call the cop "Bill". I don't believe that Bill got up that day and said " I hope I have a great shift like killing a black guy or using my force or power to dominate minorities." 

I have a feeling that Bill and 99.9% of police officers probably think "I hope it's a great shift like not many calls, no wrecks, no shoplifters, no DWIs no buglaries, no domestic disputes, and certainly to never have to pull my taser much less my service weapon." 

I believe that most cops want no crime and only want to serve those in the community where they work and return home safely to their families. 

I find it sad that we paint cops and those getting shot with such a broad brush. Most cops and most black people are good folks. I wish our media and those with a platform could advocate for both sides. Instead of spewing the nonsense of "cops are hunting us" how about "hey black brothers, let's not run and resist and see what happens". I have a feeling the police officers in this country are begging for an opportunity to show how peaceful they can be when given the chance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2