What justifies a police involved shooting? And..is a police involved shooting EVER JUSTIFIED against a black person?

TTman7

3 hours ago, JETT said:

How will you know if it works if you dont deploy it? 2 offiicers 1 guy, they had him on the ground it seems in the video... how do you let him get up and make it around the vehicle? I assume you had the cajones and were a officer that drew your weapon on everyone? 🙄

Was an officer

did not draw on everyone but did some and most capitulated at that point

some did not

9 minutes ago, JETT said:

No wonder you defend every cop death

Paint with a broad brush much?  What if someone used that same brush on you and said that is why you defend all fill in the _____ .  It isn't very nice or constructive either way.  But guessing you don't care since you are using the same stereotyping tactics that you claim to be against.

47 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

Training them young....

Who Is Kyle Rittenhouse? Jacob Blake Protest Shooter Is Reportedly A White Teen Affiliated With Cops

At least two people were killed in the shooting.

https://newsone.com/4002924/kyle-rittenhouse-jacob-blake-protest-shooter-identified/

First degree murder?  Guess they don't want any chance of a conviction on this one.  The guy was be chased and attacked when the shootings occurred, per the videos I have seen.  Looked a lot more like self defense than murder 1

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Olduy said:

Was an officer

did not draw on everyone but did some and most capitulated at that point

some did not

Trigger Alert!!! Watch out brother!! Ms Berry and her minions get really upset when you disclose your "resume'".  🙄😁

All that professional firsthand experience and knowledge in a subject (especially law enforcement) really makes them mad. Their safe spaces are getting kinda stuffy. 😂

10-4? 😉

1200px-Thin_Blue_Line_flag.svg.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ObiOne said:

First degree murder?  Guess they don't want any chance of a conviction on this one.  The guy was be chased and attacked when the shootings occurred, per the videos I have seen.  Looked a lot more like self defense than murder 1

That’s the new tool of the left. Over charge so when they get off there will be more riots.

22 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

I like the Chicago PD rule.....lol....if you run from the cops you wake up in the hospital.....if you shoot at a cop you wind up in the morgue......😅😅

I agree with that rule as well.  The same if you appear to be reaching for a weapon that a cop can't see or you fight with a cop.  Keep your hands where they can see them, comply with their orders.  If you go to jail call an attorney.  If you can't afford one then wait for one to be appointed whether your innocent or not.  Don't scream at the cops, and remain calm.  If they want to be a jerk there will be cooler heads at the police station.  If you have warrants, turn yourself in, and don't have them come and get your stupid rump.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ctown81 said:

I haven't seen the tape of this but they say he struggled with the police before hand. If that is indeed true how is he able to just basically walk at a brisk pace to the vehicle? What a cop's tired? Tackle his guess I'll punch is in if you want to cuff him and that's it.

Watch the video, and you'll understand why.  There are two separate angles, so it's better than most police shootings that you see.  

19 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

Not unusual to charge this way.  Don't know about WI statute;in Texas, you can charge high but the jury can receive instructions in the charging document that they can can consider a lesser included offense of the original charge and find the defendant guilty of the lesser offense.

Not unusual to have a person being chased down and attacked from behind to defend themselves against the armed aggressors.....and then to be charged with first degree murder the next day? 
I think that is about as unusual as I've ever heard.  And I try to keep up with a few criminal cases.

7 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Their Tasers malfunctioned from what I read yesterday.....

From what I saw they didn't have time to reach for their tasers quick enough.  He didn't just slowly walk to the car, he was moving fairly quickly.  If they did, it was one shot, and then they started shooting.  

4 hours ago, BoHogg said:

Training them young....

Who Is Kyle Rittenhouse? Jacob Blake Protest Shooter Is Reportedly A White Teen Affiliated With Cops

At least two people were killed in the shooting.

https://newsone.com/4002924/kyle-rittenhouse-jacob-blake-protest-shooter-identified/

I want to see the video on this.  I read that the protesters tried to take his weapon away from him after the police wouldn't, and let him walk on by.  What's odd is a black woman I work with was complaining that the police didn't do anything.  The police aren't going to do much in these situations, because 1) They are being told to stand down and 2) The protest is against them, and they don't want to do anything to make themselves look bad, after a cop shot a suspect for not obeying orders and reaching into his car.  People need to think how cops might be thinking, and not just jump to a conclusion.  Until I see the video, I can only base what I know on what the reporter wrote in the article.  I think he could go to jail or he could be found not guilty because he was defending himself.  What goes against him is he's 17 and can't legally own a weapon (parents probably bought it) and two he crossed the State line.  He's going to jail even if it's not for defending himself, and I'm good with that.  I realize his town was only 17 miles away, but the idiot should have just stayed home.  I think his parents should be charged as well for allowing him to go.  

1 minute ago, BoHogg said:

She's referring to the shooter walking with his arms and hands raised as several police vehicles are approaching the area and numerous witnesses are hollering to the police that he shot someone. The police do not detain him and continues to walk out of the area.  Hey Dave, what's a 17 year old from a neighboring state doing there armed with and AR?

Here is what he said before he got chase down and had to defend himself.  That other state is like 6 miles away.  I'm not sure his connection to the town but I guess that will all be played out in the future.

20 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

She's referring to the shooter walking with his arms and hands raised as several police vehicles are approaching the area and numerous witnesses are hollering to the police that he shot someone. The police do not detain him and he continues to walk out of the area.  Hey Dave, what's a 17 year old from a neighboring state doing there armed with an AR?

From what I read he had done it before.  The police even passed out bottles of water to those that were carrying weapons to show support for the police.  According to this article he shot people before and after he came in contact with the police again.  If there isn't any video of the first shooting then I would doubt it happened.  Many people are filming the events with their cameras.  To not catch the first commotion is beyond me.  Don't ask me what his parents were thinking I have no idea.  All I know is they had to have bought him the AR, and they allowed him to cross state lines with it.  Even if he lied, they should have made sure that when he left the house he shouldn't do it with his AR without them.    https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/08/26/17-year-old-arrested-after-2-killed-during-unrest-in-kenosha/24600259/

8 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

This video shows both shootings fairly well.

He has a case for self defense because they were chasing after him.  Who knows why or what started that.  i still think he'll go to jail for being out of state with a weapon.  When I was a teenager the only reasons I went out of state was to go to a concert or go to the dance clubs in Shreveport and Bossier,  eat at Abe's Seafood, go watch wrasslin', or go to the MEPS to enlist.  

2 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

He has a case for self defense because they were chasing after him.  Who knows why or what started that.  i still think he'll go to jail for being out of state with a weapon.  When I was a teenager the only reasons I went out of state was to go to a concert or go to the dance clubs in Shreveport and Bossier,  eat at Abe's Seafood, go watch wrasslin', or go to the MEPS to enlist.  

Only a case for self defense?  He had armed folks chasing him trying to harm him.  I'd say that is a pretty damn good case.  Like you said, we don't know how it all started but he was there to at least initially help the police and business owners defend their property.  Rioters travel across the country to riot and burn down cities.  I don't see why patriots can't go less than a half hour from home to defend property and lives.  I agree he may have to serve some penalty if he had a weapon and he is underage, but that is all I see happening.  Been wrong before though.

50 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Only a case for self defense?  He had armed folks chasing him trying to harm him.  I'd say that is a pretty damn good case.  Like you said, we don't know how it all started but he was there to at least initially help the police and business owners defend their property.  Rioters travel across the country to riot and burn down cities.  I don't see why patriots can't go less than a half hour from home to defend property and lives.  I agree he may have to serve some penalty if he had a weapon and he is underage, but that is all I see happening.  Been wrong before though.

I just know it's a lot different when you cross state lines for some reason.  Heck, when I was a kid and watched "The Dukes of Hazzard" they could get away with just driving to the next county because the jurisdiction didn't allow them to cross.  I found out as an adult that isn't the case.  I'm not an attorney, but I do study the law of the land, and check out the laws of other states when need be.  I simply know as a general rule that the laws are fare more severe in cases where you cross state lines to commit crimes.  That's why he is being extradited.  In some cases the rioters are being charged with additional crimes except in Portland where the DA will not charge any rioters.  

1 hour ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

I agree but honestly they act like he spent hours traveling. That town is on the boarder. Like if you did something in Waskom and lived in Shreveport. Technically state lines but he was justified in self defense. No question about it. He had a threat of life and used necessary force .

All three people shot lived farther away from Kenosha than Kyle.