Melissa at Celina 8/28 7:30

RedRed

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32-20 with 58 seconds left. Melissa will win. Game was a lot closer than score shows. Neither team played very well at all. Very very sloppy game. Both teams had lots of mistakes and lots of missed opportunities.

But, both teams are going to be fine. The mistakes will get cleaned up. Good win for the Cardinals, they’ll win a decent amount of games this year.

1 hour ago, regaleagle said:

What happened to those guys?   

Starting qb got hurt in practice last week. Backup qb got hurt in the game tonight. The 3rd qb just moved to Melissa last week and got thrown into the fire tonight. He came from a 5a school and was the starter there so its not like he is some reciever thrown into play qb. He is the real deal and really good. The runningback broke his hand but should be back within the next week or two along with the 1st qb 😆 🤣

Hope the Melissa kid is alright. The Cardinals have plenty of talent, which is no surprise. They’ve got some dudes. They’ll only get better and stronger too.

Celina is gonna watch film from last night and be saying, how the hell did we lose that game? And IF Celina had won, and they had plenty of chances, Melissa would’ve been saying the same freaking thing.

Both teams will get a lot better from week 1 to week 2. I imagine Melissa will win big over Sunnyvale. For Celina, I think we’ll see some much improved play calling, better effort from the offensive line, and a sophomore (Trae Hollins) as the featured back moving forward.

Glad to have football back! Good luck the rest of the way to the Cardinals, they’ll be a team to watch in the postseason.

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 8:05 AM, d0tc0m said:

Hope the Melissa kid is alright. The Cardinals have plenty of talent, which is no surprise. They’ve got some dudes. They’ll only get better and stronger too.

Celina is gonna watch film from last night and be saying, how the hell did we lose that game? And IF Celina had won, and they had plenty of chances, Melissa would’ve been saying the same freaking thing.

Both teams will get a lot better from week 1 to week 2. I imagine Melissa will win big over Sunnyvale. For Celina, I think we’ll see some much improved play calling, better effort from the offensive line, and a sophomore (Trae Hollins) as the featured back moving forward.

Glad to have football back! Good luck the rest of the way to the Cardinals, they’ll be a team to watch in the postseason.

Agree with all this and think Celina will be just fine. The Bobcats may even start 0-3 but end up at least as far as the semi-finals. They have to maintain it's a war, not a battle mentality. IMO their  only challengers in region are Greenwood, Iowa Park & Graham. I think they will every district game by 30+. The QB can really spin the ball not much accuracy on deep balls. I was really impressed with soph RB #14, he has a very bright future. Thought the whole Celina D played well overall especially the front seven.

Melissa battled adversity big-time and still prevailed. To be on QB #3 and RB #2 with help at the position from a few others, and have 2 of your best players Robinson & Youngblood sidelined most of 2nd half with cramping issues and still beat a high quality opponent like Celina is a great way to start the season.

All- in all was a strange game. All 5 of Melissa TDs came on plays of greater than 20 yards. Celina had a TD drive of 1 yard and other TD came on a play that contained obvious block in the block that sprung the play down the sideline, so was overall very happy with Cards D play.