Milwaukee Bucks No- Show for Game 5

bordertown

The Milwaukee Bucks decide not to play their Game 5 against the Orlando Magic in protest of the shooting of James Blake. It will be interesting how the Commissioner and the NBA owners respond. Have the players crossed the line? Will Milwaukee forfeit the game? Were the actions of the players detrimental to the NBA (my opinion - yes)? Will the Commissioner fine the players up to $50,000 each as he has authority? Will be interesting to see what happens in the next game. In my opinion, the commissioner must act quickly in this matter.

The Rockets and Thunder as well.  This is not helping their cause nor the Black Lives Matter Cause.  They have a stage right now, and they can talk about their perceived injustice in the recent case or on anything in the pre-game or post-game interviews.  Instead they are pulling down the curtains, and silencing themselves.  

^^^ LOL - They're already over for me my Sixers were swept, because of lack of effort in the playoffs.  I watched, and they looked like they were just going through the movements of playing basketball.  How that could happen with their biggest rival is beyond me.  I've hated the Celtics since the Dr. J./Larry Bird days.  I know Ben Simmons was out due to injury, but C'mon show some effort.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

^^^ LOL - They're already over for me...

Like the NFL, I'd been a fan for years.

I bought merchandise, TV packages, talked trivia with my buddies and argued over GOATs. Watched cable sports networks to keep up with the latest news...  

My attention (and my dollars) are now elsewhere. 

• Thanks 1

They will likely come back and play, because like Dave said, this is the biggest and best platform. The Lakers and Clippers did vote to opt out, but we will see. Board of Governors meeting today and that will be very telling as to  what comes next. 

11 hours ago, LOL said:

Like the NFL, I'd been a fan for years.

I bought merchandise, TV packages, talked trivia with my buddies and argued over GOATs. Watched cable sports networks to keep up with the latest news...  

My attention (and my dollars) are now elsewhere. 

I haven't bought any Cowboys gear since 2007.  It's been since 2001 since I bought any Sixers gear.  When my teams aren't very good then I put it away after the season or when they don't have a chance to make the playoffs.  I have no reason to support the NBA right now.  I don't like the style of play anymore with the constant shooting of 3's.  They may think that's the H.R. of basketball, but when the shooting percentage is below 40% it's not smart basketball.  I can see it's purpose to get back in games or possibly win one, but they go to it like it's the only play they can make on offense.