***Week 2: Timpson Bears (1-0) @ Alto Yellowjackets (0-1) - 9/4/2020***

StingEmALTO

Timpson @ Alto  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Alto
    • Timpson

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/05/2020 at 12:30 AM

The Alto Yellowjackets (11-2A D1) will host the Timpson Bears (10-2A D1) for homecoming this Friday. The Jackets opened the season with a tough loss to Troup 27-0 while the Bears defeated Frankston 68-24. The Jackets lead the series 30-15-1 and defeated Timpson 45-0 last year while the Alto JV won 18-0. Timpson defeated Alto in 2004 by a score of 14-7.

The Bears (bi-district finalists from a year ago) return 17 lettermen with 6 offensive and 7 defensive starters. The young Jackets are trying to find their groove with almost all new personnel in most positions.

Who wins?

• Like 1

Never gonna pick against our kids. With that said, we will have to play way better than we did on Friday to get the win. Can it be done. I believe it can. I’m sure we will see some things tweaked here and there this week like pretty much everyone else after last weeks tape was broke down. Turnovers leading to those extra drives like last week will not get it done. 

1 hour ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Never gonna pick against our kids. With that said, we will have to play way better than we did on Friday to get the win. Can it be done. I believe it can. I’m sure we will see some things tweaked here and there this week like pretty much everyone else after last weeks tape was broke down. Turnovers leading to those extra drives like last week will not get it done. 

Yes sir, got some work to do. But that’s one thing I know about our kids and coaches: they work and they work hard. The growing pains were gonna be there regardless but we really would have benefitted so much from another scrimmage. It is what it is. Our young ‘uns will work hard and I know we’ll see improvement each week.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Yes sir, got some work to do. But that’s one thing I know about our kids and coaches: they work and they work hard. The growing pains were gonna be there regardless but we really would have benefitted so much from another scrimmage. It is what it is. Our young ‘uns will work hard and I know we’ll see improvement each week.

Yeah there’s no doubt about that. It’s tougher on the younger guys this year than usual. But you gotta take care of the football to give yourself a chance. One thing I was really impressed with was our discipline penalty wise. That was impressive for how short preparing for the season has been. We will improve at a steady pace and I’m thankful we have the tough pre district schedule we have to help the kids.

Timpson coming on strong to start the season ... they are probably fairly evenly matched .... always remember, you are 14 points behind when you step off the buss in Alto .... that said, got to go with the yellerjackets at home +1 ....

• Like 1

Yeah there’s no doubt about that. It’s tougher on the younger guys this year than usual. But you gotta take care of the football to give yourself a chance. One thing I was really impressed with was our discipline penalty wise. That was impressive for how short preparing for the season has been. We will improve at a steady pace and I’m thankful we have the tough pre district schedule we have to help the kids.

Joe definitely understands what you guys mean and are right there with you. We graduated a lot of talent and may be the youngest we have been overall in quite sometime.  It’s going to be a process this season.  Facing such a great EF team this week is going to show exactly where we are

Joe definitely understands what you guys mean and are right there with you. We graduated a lot of talent and may be the youngest we have been overall in quite sometime.  It’s going to be a process this season.  Facing such a great EF team this week is going to show exactly where we are

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yourteamstinks said:

Exactly. I don’t care if we go 0-5 in Pre District. Obviously, I DON’T want us to be 0-5 lol, I’d like to come out on top somehow against a couple of those teams and all of them in a perfect world. But, the SA’s and Carlisle’s etc are exactly what we need to be seeing with these young guys right now. Plenty of adversity there which is what makes you “put up or shut up” for lack of a better term. They’ll help us improve. The last 5 and beyond are what you gotta absolutely be ready for. Good luck to you guys. 

Prep Football Preview:

Alto Yellowjackets (0-1) vs. Timpson Bears (1-0)

7:30 p.m. Friday at Cam'Ron Matthew Field @ Jacket Stadium: Home of The Mean Sting

Last Week — Troup 27, Alto 0; Timpson 68, Frankston 24

Next Week — Alto at Carlisle; Timpson vs. Mount Enterprise

Game Analysis — The scores of last week's games probably opened a few eyes, as Alto was shutout at home by a young Troup outfit, and the Bears scored nearly 70 points in beating Frankston. … Look for a better Alto team to take the field this week in front of a homecoming crowd. … Mean Sting defense will have to rise to the challenge, as the Bear offense proved what it can do last week. ... The Jackets are on the road for the next three weeks, so a win this week would be particularly beneficial.

https://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com/sports/prep-football-previews-rusk-looks-to-2-0-but-crockett-stands-in-the-way/article_6dbfc04c-ebc5-11ea-bd0d-bf02501406ca.html

On 8/31/2020 at 6:57 AM, KirtFalcon said:

Timpson coming on strong to start the season ... they are probably fairly evenly matched .... always remember, you are 14 points behind when you step off the buss in Alto .... that said, got to go with the yellerjackets at home +1 ....

Why are you 14 down in alto wold like to know.