0-1 3ad2 #9 Franklin @ 1-0 2ad1 Hearne 68th Battle of Hwy 79 Rivalry CANCELLED COVID 19

lionpride08

The 68th Highway 79 Showdown / Battle of the Crossroads

Over all record Hearne has won 40 Franklin has won 23 and 4 ties

First meeting 1917

Franklin has won the last 11 meetings

Last week Franklin lost a heartbreaker to 3AD1 Lorena 21-20 went for 2 and did not get make it... Franklin will host the Cameron Yoe next week

Last week Hearne won a home game against 3AD1 Trinity 27 to 14.... Next week Hearne will travel to New Waverly to take on the bulldogs

Who do you got for this year's Rivalry game?

This game really does not matter in terms of results.  Now, in district I assume you would have to forfeit since there is not extra week for any potential makeups.  I see that Franklin is actually supposed to start back up on September 8, which is different than a lot of other schools that have been shutting things down for two weeks.  The Cameron game is still on for next week.  

Guest Tiger03lb

Don't know if other districts did this but district 8 took out one pre district game and no bye week to make up for any games in district. So we would have up to 2 weeks off. I can see that as a good thing and bad at the same time. 

50 minutes ago, Yoe09 said:

This game really does not matter in terms of results.  Now, in district I assume you would have to forfeit since there is not extra week for any potential makeups.  I see that Franklin is actually supposed to start back up on September 8, which is different than a lot of other schools that have been shutting things down for two weeks.  The Cameron game is still on for next week.  

Yes the uil requires that it be shut down for 5 days and deep cleaned now if it was a big outbreak like some schools had then yes it would be shut down longer.... The game is still on next week

25 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Don't know if other districts did this but district 8 took out one pre district game and no bye week to make up for any games in district. So we would have up to 2 weeks off. I can see that as a good thing and bad at the same time. 

I dont think our district did that but i could be wrong our bye week is the last week of the season

11 minutes ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

IT wouldn't of mattered if they played because the storm cell coming up from Houston would of lightened that game out more than likely. The storm looks bad

Yeah that what I told some family and friends... It would have been cancelled because of the storm that would be coming up and I bet wood field in Hearne is a mud hole