hughes springs vs harmony

bosefus

16 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

Little shocked by this game.  Makes me think that 34-20 win by EF last week looks a little better now.  EF held harmony to 12 points till last min of the game. Watch out for them Jackets! 

No lie, I didn't get to see the game last week to compare but to me it looked like hs came out of the gate a little flat then exhaustion played its part late in the game.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StangtilDeath said:

No lie, I didn't get to see the game last week to compare but to me it looked like hs came out of the gate a little flat then exhaustion played its part late in the game.  

Yeah EF had kids tapping helmets all second half last week lol boys just going to have to play themselves into game shape this season.  Have a long time before we see HS this year Good Luck to yal until then though. 

2 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

Yeah EF had kids tapping helmets all second half last week lol boys just going to have to play themselves into game shape this season.  Have a long time before we see HS this year Good Luck to yal until then though. 

Yep, they gotta play off those doritos and chicken wings from that 6 month spring break lol.  Same to yall bud

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

Little shocked by this game.  Makes me think that 34-20 win by EF last week looks a little better now.  EF held harmony to 12 points till last min of the game. Watch out for them Jackets! 

Not me lol, I wasn't shocked at all, I told them on the FNS page that Harmony is no pushover, EF has a pretty dam good team.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StangtilDeath said:

The last few years HS has been a great first half team and then just lose in the second half due to exhaustion. Why are the football numbers always so low in HS? Seems like there’s always only 10 kids on the sidelines 

24 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

The last few years HS has been a great first half team and then just lose in the second half due to exhaustion. Why are the football numbers always so low in HS? Seems like there’s always only 10 kids on the sidelines 

Man, if its the same now as when I was in school (16 years ago).  There's no push for anyone to play, no coaches talking to kids.  Whoever wants to play just show up.  Seems like when I was younger we had a lot bigger team but who knows.

2 minutes ago, StangtilDeath said:

Man, if its the same now as when I was in school (16 years ago).  There's no push for anyone to play, no coaches talking to kids.  Whoever wants to play just show up.  Seems like when I was younger we had a lot bigger team but who knows.

That’s weird. Usually high school kids don’t need a lot of pushing to play football. Especially for a fairly successful program like HS. Losing programs are a lot harder to get kids to come out and play 

6 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

That’s weird. Usually high school kids don’t need a lot of pushing to play football. Especially for a fairly successful program like HS. Losing programs are a lot harder to get kids to come out and play 

Well, they don't.  I never really understood what it was like to live in a true football town until I moved to gilmer.  They start grooming the kids for football in kindergarten.    As far as I know there's no youth football program in hughes springs (I haven't lived there in 4 years)  the kids grow up not playing sports and it just carries over thru jr high.  Like I said I may be wrong but who knows.  My son is 6 and has played 4 years of tball and this is his second year of flag football. 

57 minutes ago, StangtilDeath said:

Hs had the chance to win that game,  the fumble bug jumped up and bit em ar the worst time.  Theyre not out yet.

Think they were around their 40 marching with about 2ish minutes left and fumbled, harmony got lucky 

This was called a TD for HS and Harmonys the one that got lucky?

3C00A7A4-7D58-4AFE-94DB-C3A959494A10.jpeg

3 hours ago, StangtilDeath said:

So take it back and we'll score on the next play, thats apples to oranges 

Looks to me like someone for the red team is running across the goal line, I hope your not talkin about the one that's laying down on the 2 1/2 yard line