Week One: Lufkin @ Tyler Legacy

ANTI

Lufkin @ Tyler Legacy  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins it?

Good ETX big school matchup to kickoff the season. 

Lufkin coming into the year ranked 11th in all of 5AD1 while Legacy is predicted to be a playoff team out of 10-6A.

9/25, 7:30 PM kickoff from Trinity Mother Frances.

Lot of talent in this one....who wins it?

Lufkin going on the road against a Tyler Legacy team that has two D1 offered RBs and a  D-Line and LB being Power 5 recruited.      Should be a good test for Lufkin against a 6A team that will be better than people are giving them credit.  If Lufkin's  O-Line is not improved from last year, it could be a struggle for the Panthers in Tyler.  Of course,  Lufkin is not without some returning talent to put on display too.  Should be a good game either way, depending on whether COVID has any say in the outcome or not.   

42 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Lufkin going on the road against a Tyler Legacy team that has two D1 offered RBs and a  D-Line and LB being Power 5 recruited.      Should be a good test for Lufkin against a 6A team that will be better than people are giving them credit.  If Lufkin's  O-Line is not improved from last year, it could be a struggle for the Panthers in Tyler.  Of course,  Lufkin is not without some returning talent to put on display too.  Should be a good game either way, depending on whether COVID has any say in the outcome or not.   

Also Legacy has a cornerback that came from brook hill and has multiple P5 offers and just commited to Arizona 

18 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Also Legacy has a cornerback that came from brook hill and has multiple P5 offers and just commited to Arizona 

He was at Legacy 1st. He transferred to Brook Hill last year and came back when Legacy got the new coaching staff. 

13 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

Lufkin wins and I don’t think it will be close.

This aint gonna be a blowout, whoever wins.

I know Legacy has built a poor reputation post Mike Owens....but I really think they could be fielding their best team since the Owens days this fall.

The SR (2021) and especially JR (2022) groups have a healthy dose of talent ...and they may finally just have a coach that can somewhat utilize it in Joe Willis. A district title certainly isnt out of the question.

Lufkin will have the edge at QB and WR....but everywhere else...it may lean a bit toward Legacy. Especially with them picking up P5 CB Jakelyn Morgan from Brook Hill.

I have to go with Legacy in this one.

After the year we’ve had, nothing would surprise me honestly. We’ve struggled as of late at rose stadium and Legacy...old Lee...whatever they are called is supposedly loaded with talent, so who knows? 

I’m of course pulling for the Pack, but definitely not sure who will win it. Tough pick right now. On paper and with Legacy being at home, they should probably be the favorites. 55-17 though??? 🤣 We lost a lot of key players and it has been a crazy year, but definitely not expecting that. With the experience on offense that the Pack will be bringing back at Qb, RB and WR.....I’m guessing it will be a shootout. But again...who knows?! Early guess and looking on paper....34-28 Pack. 

• Like 1

I swear you cant talk football on this site without someone making everything so damn political...

Lee changed their name. Only snowflakes I see are the ones still crying about it. Time to move on because its nothing anybody can do about it now.

Lufkin @ Tyler Legacy...9/25. Monster game to start the season. Talent all over the field on both sides of the ball.

Lets talk about that.

• Like 3

Jerry's Pigskin Prep has Lufkin picked by 6

That aside, you don't see Lufkin fans jumping in here confidently picking the Panthers and there is a valid reason for that, even though Lufkin probably has a better group of kids overall this year, than last year.   Just hoping for a good showing from this Lufkin group to start the year.  Our ending last year in the playoffs still looms large in the minds of our fans. No disrespect to Texas High, they were a talented bunch that were underestimated.  The Tigers rankings this year in 5A DII show that talent on board for a run this year. Still no excuse for losing a home playoff game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PackAttack said:

Jerry's Pigskin Prep has Lufkin picked by 6

That aside, you don't see Lufkin fans jumping in here confidently picking the Panthers and there is a valid reason for that, even though Lufkin probably has a better group of kids overall this year, than last year.   Just hoping for a good showing from this Lufkin group to start the year.  Our ending last year in the playoffs still looms large in the minds of our fans. No disrespect to Texas High, they were a talented bunch that were underestimated.  The Tigers rankings this year in 5A DII show that talent on board for a run this year. Still no excuse for losing a home playoff game.

Yep, I’m Just hoping for a good game. This has been a crazy offseason and I honestly don’t know what to expect from either side in this game. Not even sure we will have a game after the news in diboll. Our kids hang with their kids for workouts and etc. 

4 hours ago, ANTI said:

I swear you cant talk football on this site without someone making everything so damn political...

Lee changed their name. Only snowflakes I see are the ones still crying about it. Time to move on because its nothing anybody can do about it now

They stay in their feelings about something. Mostly stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with them. But run on here calling others “snowflakes”.

So sensitive..

• Like 3
  • Roll Eyes 1

4 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Bingooooo

On the game, I think it'll be close. But give me Legacy by a TD.

Yea I’m expecting it to be close...if it’s even a game. Definitely not 55-17. But heck who knows anymore? Both teams have the talent on offense to score a lot of points and with turnovers....i guess it could get ugly for either team. 

For whatever reason, originally thought this was a Saturday game...so was looking forward to going since I was gonna be at Longview-Temple Friday.

Wish I could make this game, but I'll be streaming from AT&T. Look at some of the talent that'll be showcased at TMF 9/25...especially at RB:

QB

Lufkin SR 3* QB Jordan Moore (6'3 200) (2 offers)

RB

Legacy JR 4* RB Jamarion Miller (5'10 185) (9 offers)

Lufkin SR 3* RB Caleb Berry (6'2 210) (20 offers and committed to Washington)

Legacy JR 3* RB Bryson Donnell (5'11 190) (3 offers)

WR

Lufkin SR WR Kelton Wright (6'3 190) (2 offers and committed to Texas Southern)

OL

Legacy SR OL Dion Daniels (6'4 270) (3 offers)

Legacy JR OL Donavan Jordan (6'3 275) (2nd team all-district as a sophomore) 

Legacy SR OL Kah'lil Montague (6'0 305) (2nd team all-district)
DL

Lufkin SR 3* DE Wilburn Smallwood (6'3 250) (3 offers and committed to Nevada)

Legacy SR 3* DE Garfield Lawrence (6'4 240) (15 offers)

Legacy SR DT Chris Harris (6'2 280) (1 offer) 

Lufkin SR DE Tavaris Owens (6'2 235) (2nd team all-district)
LB

Legacy SR LB Jack Janis (6'1 215) (2nd team-all district)

Legacy SR LB Carson Gallagher (6'1 220) (going into 3rd year as varsity starter)
DB

Legacy SR 3* CB Jakelyn Morgan (6'1.5 180) (21 offers and committed to Arizona)

Offers that I counted are D1 only. Some of these guys have multiple D2 offers.