Jump to content

4A-1 District 9


LilBroKevTEN
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 9/19/2020 at 1:10 PM, KildogDad said:

District opens up next Friday:

Kilgore at Palestine - If Kilgore can get their whatever they had against GWater straightened out, they win by 2 TDs

Mabank at Lindale - Lindale should win this handily.

Chapel Hill at Athens - Chapel Hill gets the edge mainly because they have played a tougher non-district schedule than Athens.

 

Though pretty vague, this counts as the acorn found by this blind squirrel.

I was pleasantly surprised by Kilgore's response to a tough Palestine team. 

Lindale did win rather handily, but the start was pretty interesting.

After how many years is Chappa Hill back?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Games next week:

Mabank at Palestine - Wildcats take it out on the Panthers

Lindale at Chapel Hill - shall we set the over/under at around 80?

Athens at Henderson - both teams looking to bounce back from losses on the road, but Athens is already 0-1 in district. This is probably the most competitive game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, KildogDad said:

Though pretty vague, this counts as the acorn found by this blind squirrel.

I was pleasantly surprised by Kilgore's response to a tough Palestine team. 

Lindale did win rather handily, but the start was pretty interesting.

After how many years is Chappa Hill back?

 

I want to say CH is back, but we have to see how they stack up with teams that have gone head to head with state ranked teams week after week. Center loss raised a lot of questions. Overall we are a balanced team. I would like for our coach to open up the play book more because we do have a lot of weapons on offense. 
 

CH in general has no quit and will play you until the last second. I’m confident  my Bulldawgs have what it takes to pull an upset next week and more impressive on the road. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, LilBroKevTEN said:

I want to say CH is back, but we have to see how they stack up with teams that have gone head to head with state ranked teams week after week. Center loss raised a lot of questions. Overall we are a balanced team. I would like for our coach to open up the play book more because we do have a lot of weapons on offense. 
 

CH in general has no quit and will play you until the last second. I’m confident  my Bulldawgs have what it takes to pull an upset next week and more impressive on the road. 

Aren’t y’all dealing with injuries? Center is not terrible by any means. Chapel Hill is definitely good enough to snag a playoff spot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, KildogDad said:

Games next week:

Mabank at Palestine - Wildcats take it out on the Panthers

Lindale at Chapel Hill - shall we set the over/under at around 80?

Athens at Henderson - both teams looking to bounce back from losses on the road, but Athens is already 0-1 in district. This is probably the most competitive game.

Henderson needs improvement especially offensively. Athens has beaten not so strong competition. This is a must win considering there is no front runner for the DC. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/18/2020 at 11:26 PM, KildogDad said:

Based on the results tonight.....

Lindale

Kilgore/Henderson

Henderson/Kilgore

Athens/Palestine

This week:

Kilgore - Average score 31-19          Maxpreps strength of schedule before Friday: 18.1

Lindale - Average score 39-30        Maxpreps strength of schedule before Friday: 19.0

Henderson - Average score 20-23  Maxpreps strength of schedule before Friday: 24.4

Chapel Hill - Average score 41-38   Maxpreps strength of schedule before Friday: 7.4

Palestine - Average score 19-22      Maxpreps strength of schedule before Friday: 12.0

Athens - Average score 45-21         Maxpreps strength of schedule before Friday: -10.3

Mabank - Average score 29-18        Maxpreps strength of schedule before Friday: -10.2

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Henderson vs Lindale 

Chapel Hill @ Palestine 

Kilgore vs Mabank 

Palestine and Kilgore have no business losing fri. 
 

Lindale could separate from Henderson and Kilgore ( assuming they win for the DC) 

Henderson would be in the driver seat with a win. I expect this to be the closest matchup. I take  Kilgore, Palestine & Henderson to win.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, KildogDad said:

After last night, is it too soon to say Chapel Hill at Palestine next Friday is a must win game?

 

 

Most likely depends if there is some upsets. Assuming  lindale, Kilgore and Henderson take care of business then yes Palestine must beat Chapel Hill. Fine line between top three and the rest. Mabank really the only certainty is finishing in the basement.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/3/2020 at 11:36 AM, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Henderson vs Lindale 

Chapel Hill @ Palestine 

Kilgore vs Mabank 

Palestine and Kilgore have no business losing fri. 
 

Lindale could separate from Henderson and Kilgore ( assuming they win for the DC) 

Henderson would be in the driver seat with a win. I expect this to be the closest matchup. I take  Kilgore, Palestine & Henderson to win.

After Friday:

Lindale/Kilgore

Henderson

Palestine

Chapel Hill

Athens

I consider Palestine the favorite against Chapel Hill, but whoever wins will definitely have the upper hand for the last playoff spot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

1. Lindale 
2.Kilgore 
3. Henderson

4. Palestine 

 

Chapel Hill
Athens 
Mabank  
 

I believe this is how it ends up but wouldn’t be surprised if Kilgore flipped Lindale. 

Anyone heard anything from the other district that is in Bi District?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/5/2020 at 7:31 PM, KildogDad said:

According to Maxpreps:

?? - Lindale - not listed in the 4A-D1 rankings but for the Tyler area is ranked one place above...

12 - Kilgore

18 - Henderson

22 - Palestine

24 - Chapel Hill

32 - Athens

37 - Mabank

 

Here’s how the Dave Campbell’s / AP Poll has the district ranked this week:
14. Lindale 
19. Kilgore 
24. Henderson
35. Palestine 
42. Chapel Hill
51. Athens 
65. Mabank 

And they pick Lindale to win Friday by 6 ... 
“Henderson (2-2, 1-0) at Lindale (4-2, 1-0): Henderson opened up district play on the right note as the Lions defense was sensational in a 29-0 shutout of Athens. Henderson forced four Athens turnovers and limited the Hornets to just 37 yards on the ground in the win. Speaking of defense, the Lindale defense put on quite the show last week in their 52-6 win over Tyler Chapel Hill. The Eagles defense limited an offense averaging over 40 points per game to just a single score. Baylor commit RB Jordan Jenkins led the way as he ran for 294 yards and four touchdowns. Both defenses are very strong and among the best in the district, so expect a tight, low-scoring game. But Lindale’s offensive firepower is the difference in this one. Stepp’s Pick: Lindale by 6.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Anyone heard anything from the other district that is in Bi District?

District 10 4A-DI rankings from Maxpreps:

20 - Huffman Hargrave

34 - Livingston

48 - Lumberton

52 - Splendora

56 - Little Cypress Mauriceville

206 in Region III - Vidor (Mabank is ranked 181 in Region III)

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, KildogDad said:

District 10 4A-DI rankings from Maxpreps:

20 - Huffman Hargrave

34 - Livingston

48 - Lumberton

52 - Splendora

56 - Little Cypress Mauriceville

206 in Region III - Vidor (Mabank is ranked 181 in Region III)

 

I bet they’re super glad you know is not waiting in Bi District. Then again all of them were usually beat .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...