4A-1 District 9

LilBroKevTEN

1 minute ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Henderson lost almost won against gilmer but no one taking them seriously. Like I said lindale winner may when the region but not expected it. The district isn’t very good this year. 

I don't think the district should be considered to be not very good just because Henderson isn't very good. 1-3 Seeds are good football teams. 4 seed is a question mark.

33 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

I don't think the district should be considered to be not very good just because Henderson isn't very good. 1-3 Seeds are good football teams. 4 seed is a question mark.

I agree. Lindale and Kilgore are very good teams and Palestine is decent. 

Hopefully this is lindales year to make history and go past the 2nd round of the playoffs. I dont believe lindale has ever made it past the 2nd round.  We almost beat Henderson in the 2nd round in 2011. We were up by 3 touchdowns and Henderson came back to win it. I believe they won state that year. I believe this year we have the players and coaches to go further. 

8 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I can’t wait for the day when “The Big Dawg” returns to “The Doom...” 

Shooting fish in barrels isn’t very fun.🙄

With Jasper and Center y’all are probably getting competition than you’d see in normal district. 

9 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Not just that . Palestine not that impressive either. Kilgore hasn’t beaten anyone remotely good with the exception of maybe what Palestine? Lindale looks the part but again not seeing a huge run by them. 

I think we have an outside chance at a sweep in bi-district. But we have a strong district. The only district with three higher ranked teams in 4A-DI is District 7 with Argyle, Melissa, and Paris. Palestine could go a couple of rounds deep. A Lindale/Kilgore regional final wouldn't surprise me.

23 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

With Jasper and Center y’all are probably getting competition than you’d see in normal district. 

Jasper & Center were both destroyed by Carthage, even though both teams have stellar Offenses, with some very strong running backs. PG wasn’t even close.

You can’t really call 9-4A, Div 1 the “District of Doom” without Carthage being included in it; To even try to call it The DOD would be disingenuous, at best. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Kilgore hasn’t really beat anyone of note neither has Palestine. Lindale looks the part out of everyone. It is what it is. It is anything but a Doom. 

Lindale looks the part and Kilgore doesnt ??...but yet Lindale has not "beaten" anyone either...both pretty much beat Henderson by the same score..??...yeah, you make no sense 

9 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Heritage , Van Gilmer were decent games who has Kilgore beat . Legit question 

and just because Henderson is trash dont mean you have to bring the district down...like there's no good teams in it...ha

Lindale did beat Van and only lost to Heritage and Gilmer by one touchdown. And just a side note Lindale was beating Gilmer by 3 touchdowns at the half and then had a HORRIBLE 3rd quarter. Still lost but very easily could have and in my opinion should have won that game. That being said I believe Kilgore is right there with Lindale. They are very similar teams

35 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Heritage , Van Gilmer were decent games who has Kilgore beat . Legit question 

The best team Lindale has beaten is Palestine (52-20)

The best team Kilgore has beaten is Palestine (49-28)

We played Carthage as close as anyone, and were up 28-14 in the second half against a good Gladewater team (a 3A D1 contender, at 8-2), before several fluke plays and special teams mistakes. 

I would say we are pretty even. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jakeelee05 said:

Lindale did beat Van and only lost to Heritage and Gilmer by one touchdown. And just a side note Lindale was beating Gilmer by 3 touchdowns at the half and then had a HORRIBLE 3rd quarter. Still lost but very easily could have and in my opinion should have won that game. That being said I believe Kilgore is right there with Lindale. They are very similar teams

I agree...wasnt bashing Lindale at all...they are a very good team and have been beaten by 2 really good teams...I just trying to say to him Kilgore is every bit as good too...I honestly think these two are identical and it will be a battle 

29 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

I agree...wasnt bashing Lindale at all...they are a very good team and have been beaten by 2 really good teams...I just trying to say to him Kilgore is every bit as good too...I honestly think these two are identical and it will be a battle 

Agreed, it’s gonna be a great game. I heard that Kilgore canceled the JV game due to covid. Is that true?

3 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Heard this morning that Kilgore did cancel the JV game. No word on the reason...

JV Standings to my knowledge

Palestine 6-0

Lindale 5-1

Kilgore 4-2

I have a feeling Palestine is fixing to be very good the next few years

• Like 1