Carlisle vs. Alto

FearTheSpear78

Game day  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

16 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

We won’t be able to live stream this week from Carlisle. Not enough signal there. 

That’s too bad but either way I like the live stream. I understand the thought of taking away from the gate but sponsors I feel in Texas would jump on having a chance at getting to put their name in with their local teams. Especially in smaller towns. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Unashamed said:

That's one of the things about being a traditionally good program, when you are having a difficult time everyone comes out of the woodwork to take shots.  

Well, sure. Teams that you’ve beaten perpetually, enjoy kicking you while you’re down.  We’re no stranger to it.  It’s been an interesting ride for us the past few years to say the least.  Last year was the first time in a while that things felt pretty normal.  Then we graduated some highly talented seniors.  17 seniors to be exact. So we knew going into this season that there would be growing pains, and that it was going to be rough. (Not sure we knew exactly HOW rough 🤣). We’re playing 9 sophomores.  Sophomores who went 10-0 last year against kids their own age.  So yeah.  This year will sting (pun intended).  But we’ll get through it, and pick up LOTS of experience as we do.  Better watch for em in the coming years. 🐝 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

That would be great since we are limited to like 100 or 120 tickets. Lotta regulars gonna miss this week. 

I’ve been a regular since I was born and even though there’s a ticket limit I will be sitting in the parking lot to hear my brother’s name over the loud speaker!! No one can kick me out of the parking lot 😂😂 Let’s go JACKETS!! 🐝

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

1 minute ago, Alto2621 said:

I’ve been a regular since I was born and even though there’s a ticket limit I will be sitting in the parking lot to hear my brother’s name over the loud speaker!! No one can kick me out of the parking lot 😂😂 Let’s go JACKETS!! 🐝

If any of my Alto peeps wanna come sit on the tail gate with me, come on!! 😉🐝

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JETT said:

Pulling for alto to get it going.... on a side note if yall do lose, the week after either yall or us will get our first dub of the season cause we ain't beating EF playing like we have the past 2 weeks JS

Thanks, Jett. All the best to y’all too. Glad to have Winona back on the schedule. Do you remember the night we last played y’all in Winona? It was a monsoon! We had the lighting delay and the game didn’t start until really late. The band marched in their combat boots at halftime in the mud and it was a really long night but we got the game in! I remember getting home wayyyy late! Good times. Lol

4 hours ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

We won’t be able to live stream this week from Carlisle. Not enough signal there. 

I believe Carlisle will have it live streamed using the NFHS Network. There is a fee to use this service but hopefully it will be up and running for our fans to watch. As I understand it, you can purchase the game without paying for an entire season. Check out this link  (not sure why they have Carlisle listed in Henderson!) 🤷‍♂️

https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/schools/carlisle-high-school-price-tx

34 minutes ago, BleedBlackGoldandWhite said:

Well, sure. Teams that you’ve beaten perpetually, enjoy kicking you while you’re down.  We’re no stranger to it.  It’s been an interesting ride for us the past few years to say the least.  Last year was the first time in a while that things felt pretty normal.  Then we graduated some highly talented seniors.  17 seniors to be exact. So we knew going into this season that there would be growing pains, and that it was going to be rough. (Not sure we knew exactly HOW rough 🤣). We’re playing 9 sophomores.  Sophomores who went 10-0 last year against kids their own age.  So yeah.  This year will sting (pun intended).  But we’ll get through it, and pick up LOTS of experience as we do.  Better watch for em in the coming years. 🐝 

Well said. 🖤💛

• Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 11:02 AM, RipperRipper said:

Just hoping for a good game with our brothers from Alto. Alto is Alto, don't ever count them out. Praying for no injuries from either side. I think Carlisle lost a solid player from Fridays game in Troup due to injury.

Alto and Carlisle go way back. And although we really haven’t played all that many times when you look at the historical data, all that matters to me is October 16, 2015. That was my daughter’s 17th birthday and the day her lifelong childhood friend, Cam’ron Mathews, died on the field we all love so much during a game we love so much with our BROTHERS from Carlisle. I will never forget that night and the impact it had on our community and the outpouring of love from schools across East Texas and really from all around the country.

But Carlisle....Carlisle was there for us. When I went to the hospital to see my very dear friend, Cam’ron’s mom, Carlisle was there. Their boys came to the hospital and were there for the family and our football family. They were at the funeral and offered their sympathy and support. That meant a lot to the Mathews family, our coaches, and our community. Still does.

The game was called that night with Alto up 21-7 and Coach Baker and company agreed to give Alto the win. They didn’t have to do that, but they did as a sign of respect for the family and our community. I have never forgotten that either. 

This year is the first year Alto and Carlisle  have not been in the same district since that night. And it’s actually the first time we are playing Carlisle on a different week as the schedule has always worked out that we play on that same week that Cam’ron passed. For me, there will never be an Alto-Carlisle game without remembering Cam’ron and that night when everything stopped. When folks just fell to their knees in prayer as the helicopter landed in the middle of the field and the unthinkable happened.

So, when a “brother” from Carlisle mentions the bond our schools share, it always causes me to pause and remember a fine young man who everyone loved and a band of brothers who lifted up a hurting school and community. 

I’ll never forget it.  Thanks Indians. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Alto and Carlisle go way back. And although we really haven’t played all that many times when you look at the historical data, all that matters to me is October 16, 2015. That was my daughter’s 17th birthday and the day her lifelong childhood friend, Cam’ron Mathews, died on the field we all love so much during a game we love so much with our BROTHERS from Carlisle. I will never forget that night and the impact it had on our community and the outpouring of love from schools across East Texas and really from all around the country.

But Carlisle....Carlisle was there for us. When I went to the hospital to see my very dear friend, Cam’ron’s mom, Carlisle was there. Their boys came to the hospital and were there for the family and our football family. They were at the funeral and offered their sympathy and support. That meant a lot to the Mathews family, our coaches, and our community. Still does.

The game was called that night with Alto up 21-7 and Coach Baker and company agreed to give Alto the win. They didn’t have to do that, but they did as a sign of respect for the family and our community. I have never forgotten that either. 

This year is the first year Alto and Carlisle  have not been in the same district since that night. And it’s actually the first time we are playing Carlisle on a different week as the schedule has always worked out that we play on that same week that Cam’ron passed. For me, there will never be an Alto-Carlisle game without remembering Cam’ron and that night when everything stopped. When folks just fell to their knees in prayer as helicopter landed in the middle of the field and the unthinkable happened.

So, when a “brother” from Carlisle mentions the bond our schools share, it always causes me to pause and remember a fine young man who everyone loved and a band of brothers who lifted up a hurting school and community. 

I miss my friend extra this time of year. He sure did love football!! Cam was so kind-spirited and sweet. He was a hard worker, a great friend, and above all, a believer who put God first. I remember the night often, and though most of it is a blur, I remember the love and prayers that flooded across East Texas and the whole nation. I will never think of Carlisle without thinking of Cam. Thank you all for lifting us up and for always keeping it a good, clean game. We appreciate the Indians more than you know! #swarmforever1

• Like 3

5 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

This year is the first year Alto and Carlisle  have not been in the same district since that night. And it’s actually the first time we are playing Carlisle on a different week as the schedule has always worked out that we play on that same week that Cam’ron passed. For me, there will never be an Alto-Carlisle game without remembering Cam’ron and that night when everything stopped. When folks just fell to their knees in prayer as helicopter landed in the middle of the field and the unthinkable happened.

❤️

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Thanks, Jett. All the best to y’all too. Glad to have Winona back on the schedule. Do you remember the night we last played y’all in Winona? It was a monsoon! We had the lighting delay and the game didn’t start until really late. The band marched in their combat boots at halftime in the mud and it was a really long night but we got the game in! I remember getting home wayyyy late! Good times. Lol

Yes I remember, if I recall correctly it was a battle of the wildcat... seems like we ran the wildcat the whole night... and yall ran that big boy yall had...glad to have yall back on the schedule ads well, nothing but respect from this wildcat fan towards your boyz

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blue42 said:

Got to take my Indians in this one but much respect for Alto. Who knows this could be the week the jackets start clicking and give my Indians a scare.

I just wanna see steady improvement week to week through these 1st 5 games. There’s some tweaking going on and I see these coaches working very hard to find what will make these boys as successful as possible going forward. Biggest problem for us so far is solely on the execution by the kids. Coaches doing a great job, but they can’t play the game. The boys have got to execute. Just wanna see some improvement from the kids this week. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

I just wanna see steady improvement week to week through these 1st 5 games. There’s some tweaking going on and I see these coaches working very hard to find what will make these boys as successful as possible going forward. Biggest problem for us so far is solely on the execution by the kids. Coaches doing a great job, but they can’t play the game. The boys have got to execute. Just wanna see some improvement from the kids this week. 

Exactly my thoughts, the boys just need to stay the course and keep working hard! It’s a long season, and getting better is all we can hope for at this point. I hate picking against Alto anytime, but Carlisle is going to be to much for us this week. Carlisle will pull away late in the second quarter, and won’t look back. 55-14

3 hours ago, Jacket44 said:

Exactly my thoughts, the boys just need to stay the course and keep working hard! It’s a long season, and getting better is all we can hope for at this point. I hate picking against Alto anytime, but Carlisle is going to be to much for us this week. Carlisle will pull away late in the second quarter, and won’t look back. 55-14

I really hate this,I spit and kick dirt hate this,one of us is always up and one down almost every time we play,one day these two will meet twice in a season and it will be epic.  In my perfect games,both are settled by a few points late in the fourth..”Lady’s and gents what a gut wrenching game this has been tonight.” Both squads have laid it on the line,Carlisle has just retaken the lead with under a minute,alto has taken the kick two yards deep and brought it out to the 47 yard line.Both coaches have used time outs,Alto comes to the line...quarterback comes set,split end in motion,here’s the snap.....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

This. Get better every week. Work hard. Keep your chin up. Take your lumps, but get better. Don’t give up. Play hard. Hustle. Give great effort. Heart. Nine sophomores and most juniors with now 2 games of varsity experience against great competition. Build each week, pick each other up. I 💯 percent believe our time will come. Never.Give.Up.

Coaches are working their butts off. Couldn’t be more proud of the leadership and what they do on a daily basis to build these young men. We will continue to work AND IMPROVE. The rest will take care of itself. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

I really hate this,I spit and kick dirt hate this,one of us is always up and one down almost every time we play,one day these two will meet twice in a season and it will be epic.  In my perfect games,both are settled by a few points late in the fourth..”Lady’s and gents what a gut wrenching game this has been tonight.” Both squads have laid it on the line,Carlisle has just retaken the lead with under a minute,alto has taken the kick two yards deep and brought it out to the 47 yard line.Both coaches have used time outs,Alto comes to the line...quarterback comes set,split end in motion,here’s the snap.....

Chain, I like this a lot!! Epic battle unfolding right there and I like our chances! 😂

I took a look at the historical data and it has definitely been all or nothing the last few times (except for 2017 and that was a battle!). Alto leads (but barely!) 7-5-2. Looks like it’s y’all’s turn but I sure wouldn’t mind if you skipped it! 🤣

2019    Alto 28-7 DIS
2018    Price Carlisle 55-12 DIS
2017    Alto 31-28 DIS
2016    Price Carlisle 28-7 DIS
2015    Alto 21-8 DIS
2014    Alto 52-34 DIS
2009    Alto 35-0 DIS
2008    Alto 28-0 DIS
1965    Alto 20-0
1957    Price Carlisle 26-7
1956    Tie     12-12    
1953    Price Carlisle 7-0    
1952    Tie     6-6    
1939    Price Carlisle 22-0

1 hour ago, Unashamed said:

1599197212447.jpg

I'd take any one of the 11 that voted Alto to have my back then all the others combined. Because when times were hard and darkness was closed in on all sides they remained loyal and steadfast.   

I like this, G!!!  We tend to be #ALTOgether! That’s kind of the way we were brought up and the way we roll! Lol

You know.....kind of like another town you are pretty familiar with!

1 hour ago, Unashamed said:

1599197212447.jpg

I'd take any one of the 11 that voted Alto to have my back then all the others combined. Because when times were hard and darkness was closed in on all sides they remained loyal and steadfast.   

I agree, and will have my Jackets back until the end! I’m also a realist, and having seen the scrimmage and both games, we aren’t ready for a team like Carlisle yet. 

Most years with a young team it isn’t so bad you’ve got 7 months to prepare..but with the Corona #### you .graduate 17 and have 2 returning starters, 4 seniors total more sophomores than juniors I’d say 90 percent starters now were on JV last year and on top of this new dc new defense.....this is what they call a perfect storm...Couldn’t been a worse year for alto to rebuild.....not making excuses but it’s early season we are playing tough pre district, when we get to district then we will see where alto is....these coaches alto have will get them ready....

• Like 1

Prep Football Preview:

Alto Yellowjackets (0-2) at Carlisle Indians (1-1)

7:30 p.m. Friday at Indian Stadium in Price

Last Week: Timpson 48, Alto 6; Carlisle 33, Troup 14

Next Week: Alto at Winona; Carlisle vs. Timpson

Game Analysis: A young and inexperienced Alto team will face a tough challenge in Price this week ...Indians rebounded well after a loss to a much-improved Palestine Westwood club on opening night … The Mean Sting and the Indians have split their last four meetings ...Alto downed Carlisle 29-7 a year ago, but it looks like the Indians are in a good position to avenge that loss now.

https://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com/sports/prep-football-previews-eagles-can-go-3-0-with-a-win-over-palestine/article_28582c22-f126-11ea-9752-4706f81bf4a5.html

9EC505CB-A6A5-4EB1-ACF5-74BA7840AF57.jpeg

11 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Chain, I like this a lot!! Epic battle unfolding right there and I like our chances! 😂

I took a look at the historical data and it has definitely been all or nothing the last few times (except for 2017 and that was a battle!). Alto leads (but barely!) 7-5-2. Looks like it’s y’all’s turn but I sure wouldn’t mind if you skipped it! 🤣

2019    Alto 28-7 DIS
2018    Price Carlisle 55-12 DIS
2017    Alto 31-28 DIS
2016    Price Carlisle 28-7 DIS
2015    Alto 21-8 DIS
2014    Alto 52-34 DIS
2009    Alto 35-0 DIS
2008    Alto 28-0 DIS
1965    Alto 20-0
1957    Price Carlisle 26-7
1956    Tie     12-12    
1953    Price Carlisle 7-0    
1952    Tie     6-6    
1939    Price Carlisle 22-0

Man that 2018 game though. Lord they blew the doors off of us. What made it so bad was that we had some great athletes on the field as well. The Carlisle qb was very very very good and a real problem for us. Also had a couple good receivers to have to deal with. That game was hard to watch and honestly the only game I have ever left from early.