Carlisle vs. Alto

FearTheSpear78

Game day  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

16 minutes ago, yourteamstinks said:

Sounds like this one was a good game . I’m curious on how good Carlisle is .

This week with Timpson should say a lot.  Maybe Alto improved a lot since last week. Or maybe Carlisle isn’t as good as Timpson .  Only time will tell

Alto is getting better every week,as for Carlisle?we’ll be alright,we tend to misread our opponents at times and underestimate them.Alto is on an upswing and we caught them at the rite time and turned into a really good game. As for Timpson,Rocky and coach T have a history and there will be no misunderstanding...put that in the bank. Carlisle will be ready for timpson and it might be a pretty good game.

• Like 2

Congratulations Carlisle on a great win last night! You all have a tough team and will have a great season. It’s still strange to me that last night wasn’t a district contest.  Lol

As for our team: I just want to say how proud I am of our Alto Yellowjackets. They fought hard and made a lot of progress. WHAT A GAME!! We have a very young team with 9 sophomores on the field at times, juniors who have basically played their 3rd varsity game to date and less than a handful of seniors. The amount of progress being made weekly is tangent and last night was cause for celebration. In my heart, last night was a victory! Not against Carlisle, maybe, but against the odds stacked against us from graduation day (and this Covid mess that cost us so many months!). The boys played their tails off and held a superior, more experienced Carlisle team to 2 field goals in the first half and a touchdown in the 4th quarter.

The boys played with fire, heart, and intensity, and they never gave up. It was like a Covid-free playoff atmosphere and the energy the fans, cheerleaders, and band brought was amazing! I was so proud of our entire school family. 

Our young team is working hard daily to get better, and indeed they are getting better. We will continue to be patient and provide encouragement as they figure it out and grow.....trusting the process. You don’t always reap in the season you sow, but if you continue to work hard, you will reap. Looking forward to that day and will continue to support our team and coaches as we keep on keeping on.

GO JACKETS!

• Like 4

Congratulations to Carlisle. They have a good test next week and best of luck to them the rest of the way. 

As far as the Jackets great way to come out and play some ball. Keep working hard and getting better. For us the district is wide open especially after seeing Groveton go down like that. Grapeland of course is the favorite at this point but Alto if they get it rolling should still have a shot. I see talent on this team and it may be next year before it shows itself in true form but I feel if the boys stick with it they will do well in district. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, jacketgrad06 said:

Congratulations to Carlisle. They have a good test next week and best of luck to them the rest of the way. 

As far as the Jackets great way to come out and play some ball. Keep working hard and getting better. For us the district is wide open especially after seeing Groveton go down like that. Grapeland of course is the favorite at this point but Alto if they get it rolling should still have a shot. I see talent on this team and it may be next year before it shows itself in true form but I feel if the boys stick with it they will do well in district. 

YES SIRRRR!!! 

• Like 1