Pewitt @ Celina

Brahmaball

1 hour ago, d0tc0m said:

They were very, very good. Jessie Harrison was a beast. They just happened to run into an historically good Celina team.

The 2005 Bobcats outscored their opponents 803-75 (a 50.2 -  4.7 ppg margin) that season — including 277-38 in the playoffs (46.2 - 6.3 ppg) — and it could have been a lot worse in most of the games. They posted seven shutouts, including four in a row to start the year, and they gave up double-digits just twice — once to Prosper and to Pewitt in the title game. They were held under 35 points just twice, also against Prosper and Pewitt. Apart from those two matchups, the starting defense was only scored on maybe a couple of times all year, and at least one of those was a field goal, which ended the shutout streak to open the season in week 5. That Celina team was stupid good.

Key point in that championship game was when Jessie Harrison had broke for what should've been a long TD run, as he was running, the ball slipped out his arm, but he did recover it, I think Celina held them out of the endzone on that drive, to me that was a key moment that could've change the game.

6 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

Key point in that championship game was when Jessie Harrison had broke for what should've been a long TD run, as he was running, the ball slipped out his arm, but he did recover it, I think Celina held them out of the endzone on that drive, to me that was a key moment that could've change the game.

Maybe, but Celina started to flex a little bit in the second half. The Bobcats had the ball for something like five minutes total in the first half, if I remember correctly, and fumbled at least twice, which led to both Brahma scores. Pewitt had a halftime lead, I'm pretty sure. But I know the defense held the Brahmas to well under 50 total yards in the second half, and you could see the Celina offense just grinding them to death midway through the third on all the way until Tune's "run for the tower" play that sealed the deal in the fourth quarter.

It was a classic game, for sure. I've seen some good ones at Mesquite Memorial — including Celina's 2015 win over Gilmer in the semifinals — but that 2005 title game might be my favorite.

11 hours ago, Ballboy23 said:

Bobcats get win #1 this week. 

I agree, and I think they get it convincingly. The livestream should be good to go tonight. Celina's duo of Mark Kissinger and Roy Nebeker were testing everything last night during JV to make sure the technical difficulties had been ironed out. Ready to watch and see if we come out with the same diversified attack as we did in the second quarter against Argyle last week. If we do, Bobcats win big.

I know we were down like half a dozen starters last week, and I'm not sure their status tonight, but even still, I think this is the first of many wins from here on out for Celina.

4 minutes ago, TEXAShorn21 said:

This game will be live on Texarkana Gameday @7:30 Facebook or YouTube for those who can't be in attendance. This should be a fun game.

Good Luck to both teams! 

I've been very impressed with Texarkana Gameday. Those guys do an amazing job. For HS football, it's about as quality a production as you'll find anywhere in the state.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

I've been very impressed with Texarkana Gameday. Those guys do an amazing job. For HS football, it's about as quality a production as you'll find anywhere in the state.

I agree completely. They do a great job with pre-game, game, half-time, and post game interviews. It's great quality for sure and helps those you who can't be in attendance or didn't get a ticket get to watch the game. 

5 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

The game is being Produced and broadcast by BBP Media and hosted on the Texarkana Gameday page. It is not produced by Texarkana Gameday.  BBP is run by the Video Production teacher at Paul Pewitt and uses the help Pewitt students. I agree that Texarkana Gameday does a GREAT job, but want to make sure credit is given for the Paul Pewitt production where it is due. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OldCOACHesKid said:

The game is being Produced and broadcast by BBP Media and hosted on the Texarkana Gameday page. It is not produced by Texarkana Gameday.  BBP is run by the Video Production teacher at Paul Pewitt and uses the help Pewitt students. I agree that Texarkana Gameday does a GREAT job, but want to make sure credit is given for the Paul Pewitt production where it is due. 

Everyone does a great job on the broadcast. It is what I use to watch the games. Lance and Jerry do a great job commentating. Sib does a great job keeping everything going.

6 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

Those guys a few weeks ago said DF and Jefferson would battle it out for the regional title. 

57 minutes ago, OldCOACHesKid said:

Noted! Thanks for the clarification. Every time I've watched the broadcast, it's been a PG game, so I didn't realize the distinction. That's really cool and forward-thinking of the Pewitt teacher. Real-world experience for those students.

7 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Those guys a few weeks ago said DF and Jefferson would battle it out for the regional title. 

Well, I didn't hear any of that commentary. I was speaking more towards the quality of the broadcast itself. It's a higher-than-expected level of production for HS football games is all that I'm saying. Hell, it beats some of the local news channel productions up here in Missouri lol.

10 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

Well, I didn't hear any of that commentary. I was speaking more towards the quality of the broadcast itself. It's a higher-than-expected level of production for HS football games is all that I'm saying. Hell, it beats some of the local news channel productions up here in Missouri lol.

I agree with that. It’s pretty good. Can do without all the different camera angles but other than that good stuff. 

Celina's gonna put on a show tonight.......just wait and see.   They have quality players in all phases of the game with depth at many positions.  The whupping is coming.......unfortunately it will be PP that takes it on the chin this week.  Celina is very close to becoming a complete team......could and should happen tonight.

3 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Well let's hear about it, d0tc0m.......which players are suspended for Celina and why???

Yes. Number of guys out tonight. Some out with injury. Some suspended. I hate to be this way, but it’s not my place to give the reason for the suspensions. It’s being handled internally, and there’s no link or anything for me to verify it.

Yikes. This one was ugly. Feel bad for the Paul Pewitt boys, because they played hard. Lots and lots and lots of mental mistakes and penalties for the Brahmas. Hope they don’t get too deflated, because they’ll still be able to compete well in 3A Div. II.

Happy the Bobcats picked up their first win. This will be the first of many now. Celina starting to look like the team we thought they might be coming into the year.

Kinda what I thought might happen.......Celina's coming out party.  It took 'em a few weeks against some very good teams in progression.......but you could see it all starting to come together last week when they played Argyle.  A couple of more big wins and they will be in position to play in December.......no question about it.