La Vega Pirates(3-0) @ Argyle Eagles(3-0) Week 4

regaleagle

7 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I’ve been saying Lampasas is the favorite to win 4A-D1 since the end of last season and knowing Carthage was dropping to division 2.

Even though Carthage dropped down to Div.2......it won't be clear sailing for Lampasas in Region 3 this season.  If they do win their region, they will still have to face the Region 4 winner in the semifinal.......and that region just happens to be full of new drop-down teams from 5A for the first time.  It will be a battle in that semifinal this season.  In the semifinal between Regions 1 and 2.......I think the winner of Region 2 will be a clear favorite to win that semifinal......whoever ends of being the winner of Region 2.

1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

Even though Carthage dropped down to Div.2......it won't be clear sailing for Lampasas in Region 3 this season.  If they do win their region, they will still have to face the Region 4 winner in the semifinal.......and that region just happens to be full of new drop-down teams from 5A for the first time.  It will be a battle in that semifinal this season.  In the semifinal between Regions 1 and 2.......I think the winner of Region 2 will be a clear favorite to win that semifinal......whoever ends of being the winner of Region 2.

No doubt, fingers crossed we get to watch some very exciting high school football through completion of the season!

1 hour ago, regaleagle said:

Region II winner will be favored, but I wouldn't sleep on Springtown or Dumas. The Porcupines were a breath away from knocking out La Vega a year ago. And the Demons look to have reloaded and catapulted from their big run in 2019.

2 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

LV and those 8 starters back on defense, can they get to the QB against a very Good O line. Can Argyle run the ball, we know they can pass. If the run is shut down I don’t believe Argyle can win just throwing the ball. 
LV can win by just running the ball. 
Side note: Argyle’s defense will have to get better in the playoffs to win a state championship. 
Lampasas maybe the favorite for the title 

with the way they have played. 
Three way race in my opinion, all three have the Jimmy’s and Joe’s and coaches to win the 4A DI title. 

I agree.......Argyle will have to mix an effective run game with a threat in order for its passing game to work more effectively.   I'm not so sure that Argyle cannot win passing if LV completely shuts down the run, though.  But I just don't see the Argyle coaching staff leaning so heavily solely on the passing game to become too one-dimensional.......but it could happen against a team like La Vega.  Bottom line is you play to your strengths against top-tier teams regardless.  Better to take the path of strength and play those odds then to resort to your lesser offensive options hoping to catch your opponent off-guard.  But a good mix with a more balanced offensive scheme is definitely what is needed to win against top-tier teams with great defenses like La Vega.

2 hours ago, regaleagle said:

I agree.......Argyle will have to mix an effective run game with a threat in order for its passing game to work more effectively.   I'm not so sure that Argyle cannot win passing if LV completely shuts down the run, though.  But I just don't see the Argyle coaching staff leaning so heavily solely on the passing game to become too one-dimensional.......but it could happen against a team like La Vega.  Bottom line is you play to your strengths against top-tier teams regardless.  Better to take the path of strength and play those odds then to resort to your lesser offensive options hoping to catch your opponent off-guard.  But a good mix with a more balanced offensive scheme is definitely what is needed to win against top-tier teams with great defenses like La Vega.

Question- What is the streaming link that doesn't cost much?

3 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Question- What is the streaming link that doesn't cost much?

The free one.....LOL.  Nah.....I think you can go to Argyle football twitter this evening and find their link to the Livestreaming for this game free.  If it's not on the Argyle football twitter, it will be on the Talon News Twitter for the high school.  Or just the Argyle Sports Twitter.......look for it on one of those.  I know that WFAA in Dallas is carrying a Livestreaming of this game tonight also.......but I don't know if that will be available outside of the WFAA veiwing area.  NFHS is carrying the game also, but they charge a subscription amt. monthly.......which is a very good deal since they carry so many games statewide.......and you can even see some games that have already been played on their tape catalogue of the games. I think their monthly is about $10.....in that range.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

The free one.....LOL.  Nah.....I think you can go to Argyle football twitter this evening and find their link to the Livestreaming for this game free.  If it's not on the Argyle football twitter, it will be on the Talon News Twitter for the high school.  Or just the Argyle Sports Twitter.......look for it on one of those.  I know that WFAA in Dallas is carrying a Livestreaming of this game tonight also.......but I don't know if that will be available outside of the WFAA veiwing area.  NFHS is carrying the game also, but they charge a subscription amt. monthly.......which is a very good deal since they carry so many games statewide.......and you can even see some games that have already been played on their tape catalogue of the games. I think their monthly is about $10.....in that range.

Thank you much!

Usually the Livestream is just not available until close to kickoff......which is 7:30.  I hope there's no glitches that show up right at kickoff.  The Sportsgram Listen Live broadcast pregame starts at 7 pm.  They usually have a short interview w/ each HC and then preview a little about both teams.  Then they tell you what they tell you every week......in order for Argyle to win this game, they will have to put more points on the scoreboard than La Vega......LOL.  I usually start with the Listen Live pregame, then switch over to the Livestream as soon as I can get it to start.  You can watch one and listen to the other at the same time......until kickoff. 

2 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Usually the Livestream is just not available until close to kickoff......which is 7:30.  I hope there's no glitches that show up right at kickoff.  The Sportsgram Listen Live broadcast pregame starts at 7 pm.  They usually have a short interview w/ each HC and then preview a little about both teams.  Then they tell you what they tell you every week......in order for Argyle to win this game, they will have to put more points on the scoreboard than La Vega......LOL.  I usually start with the Listen Live pregame, then switch over to the Livestream as soon as I can get it to start.  You can watch one and listen to the other at the same time......until kickoff. 

Argyle besting LaVega like they stole something. 
Argyle stacking the line of scrimmage and LeVega can’t run on the Argyle defense. 
Argyle O line putting a whipping on LaVega’s D line. 
LeVega finally gets a touchdown right before the half. Long throw and catch. 

Just now, cowboyandchrist said:

Argyle besting LaVega like they stole something. 
Argyle stacking the line of scrimmage and LeVega can’t run on the Argyle defense. 
Argyle O line putting a whipping on LaVega’s D line. 
LeVega finally gets a touchdown right before the half. Long throw and catch. 

Argyle 21

LaVega 7

at the half. 

1 minute ago, cotton84 said:

Argyle interior players are in wayyyyyyy better shape than La Vega interior players...…….Round 2 of this matchup that won't be the case 

La Vega’s gonna need a lot more than being in better shape the second time around.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Argyle2014 said:

Argyle is running the ball on LaVega I look for the offense to open it up in the 2nd half. 

I like what they are doing with the OL.  Pulling 2-3 guys almost every time and they are sealing the edge very well against LV

8 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I like what they are doing with the OL.  Pulling 2-3 guys almost every time and they are sealing the edge very well against LV

Argyle stacking the line and LV can’t throw. 
I think Rawlings makes LV a lot better, but still not good enough to beat Argyle. 
would love to see the Dawgs play Argyle. That would be a dandy. 

To be honest.......Celina played us better, was more physical, and had speed at every position.  They also had a pretty decent offense that you could tell was only in its early development of becoming better as the season progresses.  Now I'm worried about how good is Melissa???  I've seen some of their videos of their playmakers, line, and depth.  They have all the ingredients.......balanced attack, size, speedy skill players, several very good QB's.......I think Melissa is under-rated at this juncture, but not for long.  

4 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

To be honest.......Celina played us better, was more physical, and had speed at every position.  They also had a pretty decent offense that you could tell was only in its early development of becoming better as the season progresses.  Now I'm worried about how good is Melissa???  I've seen some of their videos of their playmakers, line, and depth.  They have all the ingredients.......balanced attack, size, speedy skill players, several very good QB's.......I think Melissa is under-rated at this juncture, but not for long.  

Texas Football shows Melissa losing to Stephenville 51-44 in the 3rd quarter.   Paris beat Midlothian Heritage 28-14.

5 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Lampasas' last year's team was very similar to Argyle this year...……...Lampasas had several returning starters this year, so if they meet up in the playoffs, would probably be a good one to watch.

8 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Regaleagle 

I think your Eagles are way better than they were last year. 
Keep that O line healthy and the Defense improves each game. 
Right now my money is on Argyle. 
I have watched Argyle beat two of the best teams in 4A (pG and LV) with ease. Now get better just a little each game and Jerry’s House is where they will be. 
My early prediction 

Argyle versus Lampasas

Argyle threw for less than 100 yards on La Vega, because Rogers ONLY threw eight times. Meanwhile, they rushed for over 200 yards against the Pirates. And they still did it without Tito Byce.

What that means is the Eagles just flat out manhandled La Vega up front. And you could see that, if you watched the stream. Argyle's offensive line just had their way with the Pirates' defensive front. When Rogers needed to complete a pass, he did it with relative ease.

This is as good an Argyle team as I've seen since 2015, and this year's group looks more complete than even that one. If the defense continues to improve and the offensive line stays healthy, I don't see anyone beating Argyle except MAYBE Lampasas. I know La Vega has made a habit of winning the playoff rematch, but the Pirates are going to need to find another gear if they even want to play in the rematch, much less win it.