Both are 2-1

wingtveer

Week 4  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Pilot Point Bearcats
    • Gunter Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/19/2020 at 12:30 AM

25 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

Hmm, might check that, Veer, Pilot Point is 2-0. Beat a private school in week 1 and beat FW Castleberry in week 2, had a bye this week.

Melissa played Celina, Sunnyvale and Pottsboro.

I stand corrected. !  Was looking at max preps for both and they had Melissa winning 58-28, but dates are screwed up. Again, thanks for correcting me on that. 

25 minutes ago, wingtveer said:

I stand corrected. !  Was looking at max preps for both and they had Melissa winning 58-28, but dates are screwed up. Again, thanks for correcting me on that. 

Ah no worries! Not even sure where that matchup came from on MaxPreps lol.

At any rate, I’ll take Gunter in this one. Pilot Point had to replace a few key guys. Think the Bearcats are still good and maybe a Region I dark horse in Div. I. But I think Gunter is the better team right now.

But I love that Danny David is the HC at Pilot Point. He was our OC at Celina for a long time under G.A. Moore, and he was my head coach in 7th grade I think. Great coach. Pilot Point is home for him, and his prodigal return to that program was very fitting. He’ll do very well there getting that program back to prominence.

1 hour ago, d0tc0m said:

Ah no worries! Not even sure where that matchup came from on MaxPreps lol.

At any rate, I’ll take Gunter in this one. Pilot Point had to replace a few key guys. Think the Bearcats are still good and maybe a Region I dark horse in Div. I. But I think Gunter is the better team right now.

Is PP’s qb back ?  He seemed to be a playmaker. 

Castleberry isn't very good, but they are a 4A Div. I team. I know nothing about Plainview, other than they're 0-3 so far on the young season. I don't want to take away anything from the Bearcats' wins, but the opponents have not be super strong. Gunter's played the tougher schedule, so far, and I think that plays a factor in this game. The Tigers will be the best team PP has played in their first three games. If the Bearcats keep it close for too long, they could make for an interesting finish. But if Gunter comes out and snatches up the momentum and confidence early, I think the Tigers will pull away comfortably.