Jump to content

***Week 4: Alto Yellowjackets (0-3) @ Winona Wildcats (0-3) - 9/18/2020***


StingEmALTO
 Share

Alto Yellowjackets at Winona Wildcats   

29 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Alto
      22
    • Winona
      7

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/19/2020 at 12:30 AM

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

One case does not shut down anything.  Most schools play on!  Alto ISD "follows all state and local protocols, expectations, and policies in regards to safety of our students, staff, and community during our current situation."  The bottom line is Winona did not want to play and it should be a forfeit; it will be in district.  Their sub-varsity teams showed up to play but were turned around by their administration ten minutes before kick-off.  The timing reeks.  Our players, cheerleaders (big huge run-through sign!), band (brand new show!), and flags have worked their butts off all week preparing for what we in Alto consider to be A MUST:  Friday night football in Texas!....not to mention the Thursday night players and cheerleaders who were on the field ready to go with parents, grandparents, and fans en-route to the games.  There was no opportunity to find a replacement game on such short notice.  Some schools don't give a rip if they play or not, but our community does care.  And when a game is taken away from our kids we really do take it personally.  And when some folks (and you know who you are) are working behind the scenes to try and sabotage us, we take that personally, too.  Our school and community have been through a lot over the years and overcome a lot, too!  We are strong.  We are grounded.  We are workers.  We are family.  We are tradition.  And we always come together in the hardest of times. WE ARE ALTO.  Loss of life, tornadoes, Covid, you name it.  We will do what we always do:  overcome the hard times, give God the glory, and press on!  It's more than just a game here.

On to San Augustine.....

STING 'EM!

Well said

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

One case does not shut down anything.  Most schools play on!  Alto ISD "follows all state and local protocols, expectations, and policies in regards to safety of our students, staff, and community during our current situation."  The bottom line is Winona did not want to play and it should be a forfeit; it will be in district.  Their sub-varsity teams showed up to play but were turned around by their administration ten minutes before kick-off.  The timing reeks.  Our players, cheerleaders (big huge run-through sign!), band (brand new show!), and flags have worked their butts off all week preparing for what we in Alto consider to be A MUST:  Friday night football in Texas!....not to mention the Thursday night players and cheerleaders who were on the field ready to go with parents, grandparents, and fans en-route to the games.  There was no opportunity to find a replacement game on such short notice.  Some schools don't give a rip if they play or not, but our community does care.  And when a game is taken away from our kids we really do take it personally.  And when some folks (and you know who you are) are working behind the scenes to try and sabotage us, we take that personally, too.  Our school and community have been through a lot over the years and overcome a lot, too!  We are strong.  We are grounded.  We are workers.  We are family.  We are tradition.  And we always come together in the hardest of times. WE ARE ALTO.  Loss of life, tornadoes, Covid, you name it.  We will do what we always do:  overcome the hard times, give God the glory, and press on!  It's more than just a game here.

On to San Augustine.....

STING 'EM!

Very well said !! Hate it for the boys, cheerleaders, band & community. The Jackets will be working extra hard this coming week I bet ....built up energy !! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

One case does not shut down anything.  Most schools play on!  Alto ISD "follows all state and local protocols, expectations, and policies in regards to safety of our students, staff, and community during our current situation."  The bottom line is Winona did not want to play and it should be a forfeit; it will be in district.  Their sub-varsity teams showed up to play but were turned around by their administration ten minutes before kick-off.  The timing reeks.  Our players, cheerleaders (big huge run-through sign!), band (brand new show!), and flags have worked their butts off all week preparing for what we in Alto consider to be A MUST:  Friday night football in Texas!....not to mention the Thursday night players and cheerleaders who were on the field ready to go with parents, grandparents, and fans en-route to the games.  There was no opportunity to find a replacement game on such short notice.  Some schools don't give a rip if they play or not, but our community does care.  And when a game is taken away from our kids we really do take it personally.  And when some folks (and you know who you are) are working behind the scenes to try and sabotage us, we take that personally, too.  Our school and community have been through a lot over the years and overcome a lot, too!  We are strong.  We are grounded.  We are workers.  We are family.  We are tradition.  And we always come together in the hardest of times. WE ARE ALTO.  Loss of life, tornadoes, Covid, you name it.  We will do what we always do:  overcome the hard times, give God the glory, and press on!  It's more than just a game here.

On to San Augustine.....

STING 'EM!

There has been over 300 games cancelled due to one case this year so that is a false statement. Maybe you need to find out the facts of what really happened and check the cases. From my understanding Winona drove all the way there so why would they cancel or be scared on their behalf? If it was THEIR fault they wouldn't of drove an hour and some change both ways and back and had to feed kids im assuming if it was THEIR fault. From both teams records I highly doubt winona was scared to play an 0-3 team that has a combined 6-88 point differential. 

  • Stinks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, theprodigy said:

There has been over 300 games cancelled due to one case this year so that is a false statement. Maybe you need to find out the facts of what really happened and check the cases. From my understanding Winona drove all the way there so why would they cancel or be scared on their behalf? If it was THEIR fault they wouldn't of drove an hour and some change both ways and back and had to feed kids im assuming if it was THEIR fault. From both teams records I highly doubt winona was scared to play an 0-3 team that has a combined 6-88 point differential. 

If a program is going to shut down for 1 case they may as well cancel the whole season. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, theprodigy said:

There has been over 300 games cancelled due to one case this year so that is a false statement. Maybe you need to find out the facts of what really happened and check the cases. From my understanding Winona drove all the way there so why would they cancel or be scared on their behalf? If it was THEIR fault they wouldn't of drove an hour and some change both ways and back and had to feed kids im assuming if it was THEIR fault. From both teams records I highly doubt winona was scared to play an 0-3 team that has a combined 6-88 point differential. 

That is a great question. Why would a team drive all the way from Winona to Alto and refuse to get off the bus and play a game? If they had no intention of playing, why make the trip? Our school has followed all protocols and is clear to play. This is on Winona.

And what about my statement is false? Canton has had a positive case and played football. Timpson had a coach in quarantine last week and played ball. I’m sure there are multiple schools who have similar situations. I agree with txdun. If a team is going to NOT PLAY because of one or two cases (etc etc), they might as well cancel their season right now.

And say what you will about Winona being scared to play or not being scared, the fact of the matter is they did not play. Or return a phone call/text for that matter. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

That is a great question. Why would a team drive all the way from Winona to Alto and refuse to get off the bus and play a game? If they had no intention of playing, why make the trip? Our school has followed all protocols and is clear to play. This is on Winona.

And what about my statement is false? Canton has had a positive case and played football. Timpson had a coach in quarantine last week and played ball. I’m sure there are multiple schools who have similar situations. I agree with txdun. If a team is going to NOT PLAY because of one or two cases (etc etc), they might as well cancel their season right now.

And say what you will about Winona being scared to play or not being scared, the fact of the matter is they did not play. Or return a phone call/text for that matter. 

 

2 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

That is a great question. Why would a team drive all the way from Winona to Alto and refuse to get off the bus and play a game? If they had no intention of playing, why make the trip? Our school has followed all protocols and is clear to play. This is on Winona.

And what about my statement is false? Canton has had a positive case and played football. Timpson had a coach in quarantine last week and played ball. I’m sure there are multiple schools who have similar situations. I agree with txdun. If a team is going to NOT PLAY because of one or two cases (etc etc), they might as well cancel their season right now.

And say what you will about Winona being scared to play or not being scared, the fact of the matter is they did not play. Or return a phone call/text for that matter. 

Most programs, if not all (if they are being 100% honest) have a few positive cases. Cmon everyone knows it’s ex-Alto coaches now in Frankston still butt-hurt from getting fired are the ones who made the “anonymous” call. And instead of basing decisions off of facts from upper Alto administration, Winona goes with un-named caller. I’m NOT from Alto but I am a fan. Let the boys play or cancel your season & give them time to reschedule so you don’t do this to another group of boys who just want to play some ball.  

  • Like 3
  • LOL! 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, txdun said:

 

Most programs, if not all (if they are being 100% honest) have a few positive cases. Cmon everyone knows it’s ex-Alto coaches now in Frankston still butt-hurt from getting fired are the ones who made the “anonymous” call. And instead of basing decisions off of facts from upper Alto administration, Winona goes with un-named caller. I’m NOT from Alto but I am a fan. Let the boys play or cancel your season & give them time to reschedule so you don’t do this to another group of boys who just want to play some ball.  

👀👀👀

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, txdun said:

 

Most programs, if not all (if they are being 100% honest) have a few positive cases. Cmon everyone knows it’s ex-Alto coaches now in Frankston still butt-hurt from getting fired are the ones who made the “anonymous” call. And instead of basing decisions off of facts from upper Alto administration, Winona goes with un-named caller. I’m NOT from Alto but I am a fan. Let the boys play or cancel your season & give them time to reschedule so you don’t do this to another group of boys who just want to play some ball.  

All I see is facts

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...