Henderson this week?

Eagleborn

15 minutes ago, LIONMAN said:

Henderson dosnt have players transferring out of district. Henderson's enrollment this year has increased.    

See post above.  A net enrollment gain doesn’t mean student athletes are not leaving.  And if they leave and start for the defending state champs, they are pretty talented.

13 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

See post above.  A net enrollment gain doesn’t mean student athletes are not leaving.  And if they leave and start for the defending state champs, they are pretty talented.

Way more to the story on this.   Funny how people think they have it all figured out.

1 minute ago, LIONMAN said:

Way more to the story on this.   Funny how people think they have it all figured out.

Ok enjoy living in the shadows when you could be in the spotlight Lionman.  The 2016 Lions should have won a state title but got out coached.  Most talented team in 4A D1 that year IMO.  Been going backwards every year since.

16 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Way more to the story? No, either they are or aren’t transferring out. I don’t think anyone have a reason why so that’s irrelevant. 

Or family members getting a job in the district??    Like I said HISD just doesn't have players transferring out.

19 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Ok enjoy living in the shadows when you could be in the spotlight Lionman.  The 2016 Lions should have won a state title but got out coached.  Most talented team in 4A D1 that year IMO.  Been going backwards every year since.

I agree 100%. The 2016 team was very good.  The team was missing their top DL for that game but that is in the past.   I think every team has been living in the shadows of Carthage over the last several years.       Henderson also went 4 rounds deep in 2017 and 2018.   That typically mean a team has had success. 

3 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Define “this”?  Kids transfer or move each year for different reasons.  SH lost a good one in the offseason that went to Trinity Christian.  But when multiple kids leave every year for several years in a row something doesn’t add up.  Someone much closer to Henderson knows the rest of the story.  It just appears that maybe the HC might need to reflect on that and adjust accordingly.  Or don’t do anything and be happy with getting 2nd or 3rd in district and going a few rounds in the playoffs before losing.  That’s a shame when Henderson has the talent to do so much more.

I don't post a lot but I am just not seeing what you are talking about with "all these players from Henderson" transferring to other schools.  The only ones I see mentioned in this thread are two players that transferred to Carthage 2 years ago when their mom's got jobs in Carthage ISD.  You seem to know a lot about all these "multiple kids" that have gone to other schools but you give no facts about who they are.  You are right in saying someone much closer to Henderson knows the rest of the story.  What "appears" to you just may be far from the truth and there are a ton of people in Henderson that believe we have a great Head Coach in Phil Castles which involves more than football.  Most people I know close to the program have a great respect for Coach Castles.  And there are always a few people in any program who are not happy or give a negative view of a coach.   There were a quite a few people that didn't think a lot of Jesus either but HE turned out alright.  Certainly not saying Castles is even close to being like Jesus but I do know he is a man that is great for kids and is a great football coach.  You have an outsider opinion which is your privilege on a social media site.  Just sharing a different opinion.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 12Jefferson said:

I don't post a lot but I am just not seeing what you are talking about with "all these players from Henderson" transferring to other schools.  The only ones I see mentioned in this thread are two players that transferred to Carthage 2 years ago when their mom's got jobs in Carthage ISD.  You seem to know a lot about all these "multiple kids" that have gone to other schools but you give no facts about who they are.  You are right in saying someone much closer to Henderson knows the rest of the story.  What "appears" to you just may be far from the truth and there are a ton of people in Henderson that believe we have a great Head Coach in Phil Castles which involves more than football.  Most people I know close to the program have a great respect for Coach Castles.  And there are always a few people in any program who are not happy or give a negative view of a coach.   There were a quite a few people that didn't think a lot of Jesus either but HE turned out alright.  Certainly not saying Castles is even close to being like Jesus but I do know he is a man that is great for kids and is a great football coach.  You have an outsider opinion which is your privilege on a social media site.  Just sharing a different opinion.

Ok.  I’m sure he is a great guy.  Good luck.

1 hour ago, Buckeyenation86 said:

Henderson could be just as good as Carthage if they had the right coach. They have just as many athletes if not more. They will never win a state championship with Castles and they dang sure could. And definitely should have in recent years. I guess Henderson is complacent with being decent every year

They don’t want to hear it Buckeyenation86.

20 hours ago, WestRusk2009 said:

I know the word "asymptomatic" is a big word for the simple-minded so I'll break it down into short bus terms for you. No sick feeling, no test. No test, not reported but still has it. There is going to be many more than 22 with it.

SHAWT BUS FO JU..... ALLERGIC TOO DEM DAWGS. CLOWSE KONTACS MAE CAUZE SWELL'N

On 9/17/2020 at 5:36 PM, 12Jefferson said:

You are correct, Henderson has much respect for Henderson coaches and Castle, Castle is a nice guy and respect the kids and Henderson happy we have him.

23 hours ago, Buckeyenation86 said:

Henderson could be just as good as Carthage if they had the right coach. They have just as many athletes if not more. They will never win a state championship with Castles and they dang sure could. And definitely should have in recent years. I guess Henderson is complacent with being decent every year

I believe Henderson can win a state championship with Castle, got to realize the times Henderson went deep in playoffs we were met with Carthage and Carthage won state just think, the times Henderson went deep if not met with Carthage then Henderson would have maybe won State few times. It's not the Henderson coaches to blame, we have a better team in Carthage with a Elite coach that beat Henderson and out coaches Henderson, If Carthage coaches was playing Gilmer and maybe PG all this time they would be out coached as well.

Just now, LionKing12172920 said:

I believe Henderson can win a state championship with Castle, got to realize the times Henderson went deep in playoffs we were met with Carthage and Carthage won state just think, the times Henderson went deep if not met with Carthage then Henderson would have maybe won State few times. It's not the Henderson coaches to blame, we have a better team in Carthage with a Elite coach that beat Henderson and out coaches Henderson, If Carthage  was playing Gilmer and maybe PG all this time they would be out coached as well.

15 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

I believe Henderson can win a state championship with Castle, got to realize the times Henderson went deep in playoffs we were met with Carthage and Carthage won state just think, the times Henderson went deep if not met with Carthage then Henderson would have maybe won State few times. It's not the Henderson coaches to blame, we have a better team in Carthage with a Elite coach that beat Henderson and out coaches Henderson, If Carthage coaches was playing Gilmer and maybe PG all this time they would be out coached as well.

Let’s tap the brakes on a SC for now and just win the Region.  That would be a good start.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LionKing12172920 said:

He "should" have won it in 16. Probably want ever have a team with that kind of talent on it again.

On 9/17/2020 at 5:36 PM, 12Jefferson said:

You hit the nail on the head. He is a great leader for our kids. Theres a whole lot more of life lived outside of high school football than in it. Kids need to be taught how to be real men.

On 9/17/2020 at 1:30 PM, PantherNation2015 said:

Define “this”?  Kids transfer or move each year for different reasons.  SH lost a good one in the offseason that went to Trinity Christian.  But when multiple kids leave every year for several years in a row something doesn’t add up.  Someone much closer to Henderson knows the rest of the story.  It just appears that maybe the HC might need to reflect on that and adjust accordingly.  Or don’t do anything and be happy with getting 2nd or 3rd in district and going a few rounds in the playoffs before losing.  That’s a shame when Henderson has the talent to do so much more.

You are so wrong about the number of kids moving out.

• Thumbs Down 1

13 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Henderson has potential but honestly could do a lot worse . The pros are he is consistent usually going 3 or 4 rounds in the playoffs. He also runs a clean program. He lacks adaptation in offensive philosophy. Good to great teams but usually has the direction of not being great. Unfortunately he has been beaten by some great teams. Surratt is top 5 best in the business. This is an opportunity to now that the dawgs are in D2. I am not saying state champs are anything but he is far from a bad coach.

Thank you Lion 70 for your insider information. It helps us "unknowns" a lot.

• LOL! 1

13 hours ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Henderson has potential but honestly could do a lot worse . The pros are he is consistent usually going 3 or 4 rounds in the playoffs. He also runs a clean program. He lacks adaptation in offensive philosophy. Good to great teams but usually has the direction of not being great. Unfortunately he has been beaten by some great teams. Surratt is top 5 best in the business. This is an opportunity to now that the dawgs are in D2. I am not saying state champs are anything but he is far from a bad coach.

I would disagree with the offensive adaptation ..... he lost his offensive OC, Matt Langley, 3 years ago.  Matt Combs, the QB Coach during those years took over as OC for Langley who learned a lot from Langley but his two years were challenging, especially in big moments in big games  Then Combs decided to get out of coaching during late May or early June; with the uncertainty of the 2020 season and a short time to find a suitable replacement Castles promoted Wide Receivers coach Ed Milner(5 years on staff) to the OC position this summer.  The offense has struggled the last couple of seasons and misses a great coordinator that Langley was, who now is the AD/HC at Caldwell HS, after spending 2 seasons as OC at San Antonio Brandeis HS.  Brandeis went 4 rounds deep in 6A in 2018.