Henderson this week?

Eagleborn

13 minutes ago, 12Jefferson said:

I would disagree with the offensive adaptation ..... he lost his offensive OC, Matt Langley, 3 years ago.  Matt Combs, the QB Coach during those years took over as OC for Langley who learned a lot from Langley but his two years were challenging, especially in big moments in big games  Then Combs decided to get out of coaching during late May or early June; with the uncertainty of the 2020 season and a short time to find a suitable replacement Castles promoted Wide Receivers coach Ed Milner(5 years on staff) to the OC position this summer.  The offense has struggled the last couple of seasons and misses a great coordinator that Langley was, who now is the AD/HC at Caldwell HS, after spending 2 seasons as OC at San Antonio Brandeis HS.  Brandeis went 4 rounds deep in 6A in 2018.

I've heard Langley wants back in East Texas to be closer to family. He's also struggled at Caldwell. Not much depth there. Maybe he'll make a return to Henderson at some point. 

10 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

I could see that and didn’t mean to imply anything. The plays were rather predictable and a good defensive cord could in theory work against a Athletic attack. Lot of games are won by out athlete the opposing teams. 

I agree we had been very predictable the last two seasons and had to depend on defense to carry us at times.  Langley always found ways to score or get the big first down when needed.  Combs just needed some more game experience and seemed to have trouble against good defensive teams in the big games.

Missing the two past games this season will really hurt the Lions who have 10 new starters on offense.  Coach Milner is a good coach and has a great relationship with the players but he has some real challenges ahead.  There are some good skill players and a talented QB while the offensive line is still a work in progress.