1jacket

Elysian Fields @ Harleton   

42 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields @ Harleton

• Jackets
    • Wildcats

This poll is closed to new votes

39 minutes ago, Timboslice79 said:

Yes they do. I watched the first half of the game and harleton appeared to have more speed than wakom tho. They blocked a lot better than waskom does as well. Looks like yall got district wrapped up. 

I would agree with this. 

Saw video. From the point where Harleton went up 14-6 midway thru the first qt it was 38-6 EF. That is with EF getting inside the 20 a few times and not scoring.  A fumble that killed a drive.  EF played without starter #17 and #20 for the entire game #11 didn’t play the entire 2nd half.  And my goodness the officiating.  They didn’t have a clue on dead ball penalties, one time #10 for EF is pushed into the sideline, fights his way back on the field, established himself back in bounds and is still stumbling from getting pushed out and somehow catches the pass for a TD.  The clueless guy calling that side of the field just called the receiver ran out of bounds and no TD. The white hat watched the entire play and didn’t over rule the call. Just terrible.   Many other bad calls/no calls. 

the game was about what I thought. I knew Harleton would come out and play hard. Just didn’t think the could keep it up for a long period of time against the Depth of EF.  

Could have been a lot worse.  

Harleton could easily finish 3rd in the dist. I think that would be a heck of a year for them, moving up a division 

• Like 4

Is there a recourse for reporting pitiful officiating? The crew we had officiating this past Friday night were horrible. Confused about nearly every flag they threw and the resulting penalty. They were worse than the guys officiating the DF game.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BIGILL79 said:

Is there a recourse for reporting pitiful officiating? The crew we had officiating this past Friday night were horrible. Confused about nearly every flag they threw and the resulting penalty. They were worse than the guys officiating the DF game.

Ford told me after the game, he will not ever agree to these officials to ref another one of his games again.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BIGILL79 said:

Yes they would

I believe alot of refs just want to call something just because they can and want to throw their flag lol, if I was a ref, I could go the whole game without throwing a flag for a penalty, it would have to be a all out blanting penalty in my eyes, I've seen so many ticky tacks penalties that have changed a game completely around that have affected winning and losing games in the hands of officials. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

I believe alot of refs just want to call something just because they can and want to throw their flag lol, if I was a ref, I could go the whole game without throwing a flag for a penalty, it would have to be a all out blanting penalty in my eyes, I've seen so many ticky tacks penalties that have changed a game completely around that have affected winning and losing games in the hands of officials. 

I said the same exact thing the other night on the ride back to the house.