Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Longview Lobos (0-1) vs Marshall Mavericks (1-0)  

56 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Marshall in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2020 at 12:30 AM

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is Marshall’s best chance to me to beat Longview.

I keep telling people about Tyree Hale. 2 INT's already this year. Those Hale boys can ball, I think his brother LB LaQualon will get district defensive MVP.

He didn’t play tonight he got hurt in practice but he ok he will be back something minor but playing it safe cause we gonna need him

40 minutes ago, The Real Mavfan said:

As of this evening all of the home side tickets have been sold. There are still a few left on the visitor side.

I got my 3 visitor seats today. Are they allowing 50% capacity 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LoboFan80 said:

I got my 3 visitor seats today. Are they allowing 50% capacity 

Yes, @Mavchamptold me 2,200 when I was talking to him about things.

Don't believe our band is making the trip to any away games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2020 at 2:23 PM, LoboFan07 said:

We were that bad.

Kicking situation is a mess.

Offensive line is a complete mess.

Neither sophomore QB has any confidence.

Four turnovers. 24 points off turnovers. 17 penalties. 140+ yards in penalties.

Wasted timeouts on time management.

Not catching a punt that then rolls to the 1 and then they get a safety.

Unbelievable mess in the tackling department.

Temple might be a good team, but they aren't 27 points in talent better than Longview.

Agreed, then what’s the deal, why or how did y’all get blown out like that? What allowed that to happen?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Agreed, then what’s the deal, why or how did y’all get blown out like that? What allowed that to happen?

4 turnovers, 3 fumbles by our star senior running back.

17 penalties. 142 penalty yards.

I mean, it was just a joke of a third quarter that snowballed from the start. Temple simply capitalized on every mistake we made. The 24 points off turnovers shows that (add in that 2 point safety after the mistake of not catching the punt for a nice 26 points). Massive props to them for sure.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

4 turnovers, 3 fumbles by our star senior running back.

17 penalties. 142 penalty yards.

I mean, it was just a joke of a third quarter that snowballed from the start. Temple simply capitalized on every mistake we made. The 24 points off turnovers shows that (add in that 2 point safety after the mistake of not catching the punt for a nice 26 points). Massive props to them for sure.

Good grief!!! I didn’t get to watch the game on FSSW. 

4 turnovers and 17 penalties!

That will kill any team. Turnovers and penalties almost got Texas beat in Lubbock on Saturday.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont see how Marshall would / could / should be favored by any stretch of the imagination. Even with the loss by Longview and the Marshall win last week. Maybe it will build a little confidence and we can keep this thing close anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, The Real Mavfan said:

Maybe it will build a little confidence

I think this is what our young boys need more than anything. If we can come our and get our QBs some confidence early, I'll feel much, much better about this.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

9th

Longview A 25

Marshall A 0

Half

Longview's 2024 (Freshmen group) are special on both sides of the ball.

A pair of 2024 RBs in Taylor Tatum and Willie Nelson make for a crazy good RB tandem for Longview in the future. Both already have good size and great talent, FBS potential.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Longview JV won 42-0, according to the YouTube stream link.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ANTI said:

9th

Longview A 38

Marshall A 6

Final

Sounds like a solid night for the sub varsities.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How rare is it for Longview to not have a win after two games to open a season you might ask? Extremely, extremely rare.

In fact it's only happened twice since 1964. In 1971, Longview opened the season 0-1-1. In 2014, Longview opened the season 0-2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

How rare is it for Longview to not have a win after two games to open a season you might ask? Extremely, extremely rare.

In fact it's only happened twice since 1964. In 1971, Longview opened the season 0-1-1. In 2014, Longview opened the season 0-2.

That is some consistency. Great program right up y’all ridiculous band # lol. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...