The Smoakhouse Forums

Longview Lobos (0-1) vs Marshall Mavericks (1-0)  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Marshall in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2020 at 12:30 AM

Facts last senior  class spoiled us with their 40-2  people dont remember the times we start off slow and season still ends well  above .500, we saw what happen last year went 11-0 and then had a bad game at the wrong time,tbh I rather get the bad games out the way when games don't count I'll be more worried if we still struggling when district starts and games start to count.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is Marshall’s best chance to me to beat Longview.

I keep telling people about Tyree Hale. 2 INT's already this year. Those Hale boys can ball, I think his brother LB LaQualon will get district defensive MVP.

He didn’t play tonight he got hurt in practice but he ok he will be back something minor but playing it safe cause we gonna need him

Just got done watching the Marshall/New Caney game.

That was definitely...interesting.

Hope everyone stays safe and both teams play hard. 

Longview looked decent for 2 quarters, with normal first-game jitter mistakes. Throw in a weird fall camp schedule and missing a lot of a scrimmage, and the bottom falls out against a good team like Temple. Having young QBs make the bad practice schedule and missed game time even more tough on the team. 

This team had better get their heads in the right spot. The fight against Texas High is a very bad look. I get that football is an emotional game, but it's also a game of discipline and self control. And not only were there several penalities, they were the stupid kind. It's one thing to get called for holding because your hands slip out wide while trying to block... It's another to hit someone after the play or false start because you didn't know the snap count.

If Longview plays smart and hard, they will win this game. If they don't, Marshall is ALWAYS ready to take it to us and it could be bad.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, marvda1 said:

what are your thoughts on that game?

New Caney made a lot of mistakes and Marshall capitalized when it mattered most.

Marshall has a heck of a kicker.

Somewhat shocked Marshall actually won the game after watching it, but no doubt, full credit to the Mavs for grabbing the W.

33 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

New Caney made a lot of mistakes and Marshall capitalized when it mattered most.

Somewhat shocked Marshall actually won the game after watching it, but no doubt, full credit to the Mavs for grabbing the W.

He transferred in from Hallsville. 

10 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

It said they aren’t streaming it

Last week might’ve been the best thing to happen to this team.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Grant out here throwing dimes.

I have no idea how Beltran held onto that ball!

5 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Marshall’s kicker is still amazing.

2 minutes ago, hoopscoach17 said:

What happened to the video stream?

Either Marshall purposely cut it off, or they're having some major technical difficulties up in that press box.