The Tyler Rose Bowl Tyler high vs Tyler Legacy

cujoforlife

Rose city rivalry  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win

3 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

50 on varsity and about 25 to 30 on both jv and freshman 

Its about 40 to 45 kids on JV.  and about 25-30 on Freshman.  The varsity number is correct.   There is like 10 Freshman scattered between JV and Varsity. 

I know people that say the numbers are low because they practice early in morning instead of after school. Parents complain about waking up 5 in morning to take kid to practice especially when their kid doesn't play alot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CUJONATION83 said:

I hate to say it, but Legacy has the upper hand as of right now 😕. Tyler high is in rebuild mode and a a year away IMO 

I see some Cujo fans acting surprised about the expected outcome of last week and this week.  Everybody knew T-High was better.  Cujo  had 2 turnovers and played like a team with a first yr starter at QB and a bunch of soph.  You take the points from turnovers away and the dumb mental mistakes, T-High probably only wins by 10 points and people would have an entire different thought about the game. 

Red Raiders beat Cujo good last yr and return alot of players. They should beat Cujo.  But I want to see them compete.  If they do, it will say alot about this team.  Regardless, I think this team has some potential.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

Its about 40 to 45 kids on JV.  and about 25-30 on Freshman.  The varsity number is correct.   There is like 10 Freshman scattered between JV and Varsity. 

I know people that say the numbers are low because they practice early in morning instead of after school. Parents complain about waking up 5 in morning to take kid to practice especially when their kid doesn't play alot.

FACTS!

14 minutes ago, VonG said:

Moore went from having one of the best middle school football programs in Tyler to the bottom dwelller that fast.

Moore used to get alot of magnet kids.  But also, when TISD rezoned, they basically sent alot of Moore players to Hubbard.    Moore is basically becoming Dogan.    They was so good last yr because they had like 4 or 5 special players, which is all you need in Middle school.     Boulter will have to be the main school for talent. Whatever they get from Moore will just be a bonus. 

20 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Why did coach Holmes move to 5 am practice?

20 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

I see some Cujo fans acting surprised about the expected outcome of last week and this week.  Everybody knew T-High was better.  Cujo  had 2 turnovers and played like a team with a first yr starter at QB and a bunch of soph.  You take the points from turnovers away and the dumb mental mistakes, T-High probably only wins by 10 points and people would have an entire different thought about the game. 

Red Raiders beat Cujo good last yr and return alot of players. They should beat Cujo.  But I want to see them compete.  If they do, it will say alot about this team.  Regardless, I think this team has some potential.

I was happy to see that were passes getting caught. The oline needs work, and dline did get a lot of stops. On a side note when are the tickets for the game able to be bought?

2 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

Which is?

early practice beat the heat.  something about kids being able to have jobs.  And honestly it does weed out those not serious about football

problem is that I know kids who have parents that work late and work 2 jobs.  who would be motivated to get up 4am to sit on bench or get up that early to take kid to school and miss out on sleep when you have to get up for second job.  Plus games are at night anyway, so by practicing early, the kids bodies are used to shutting down in evening time for sleep. 

it is what it is.  maybe things will change with indoor facility. 

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

early practice beat the heat.  something about kids being able to have jobs.  And honestly it does weed out those not serious about football

problem is that I know kids who have parents that work late and work 2 jobs.  who would be motivated to get up 4am to sit on bench or get up that early to take kid to school and miss out on sleep when you have to get up for second job.  Plus games are at night anyway, so by practicing early, the kids bodies are used to shutting down in evening time for sleep. 

it is what it is.  maybe things will change with indoor facility. 

I can see both sides of that coin.

4 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

yep.  Crazy

Correct me if I'm wrong but the current JRs were the first class affected by the new attendance zone, right?

Wonder who all out of that talented JR class for Legacy originally were headed to Tyler High...outside of Miller.

55 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the current JRs were the first class affected by the new attendance zone, right?

Wonder who all out of that talented JR class for Legacy originally were headed to Tyler High...outside of Miller.

thats a good question.  not really sure.  I think that they also lost players that were already at JT when they rezone. I remember Coach Holmes saying that.