The Tyler Rose Bowl Tyler high vs Tyler Legacy

cujoforlife

Rose city rivalry  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

JT Fresh lost 36-6

JT JV lost 14-0.

I figured both could lose, but a little shocked by the freshman margin of victory. Boulter and Moore both blewout Hubbard and Three Lakes last yr.  

Jv lost 17-0. You could tell the freshman didn't have all of their players since the best ones are on jv and varsity. I also told y'all that they had some talent in this freshman class at Lee. 3 Lakes has some talent last year. They just couldn't put it together as a team, but they had some good individual players. Coaching can bring out the best in your development as a player. We are seeing that at Lee now. Coach Willis in his very short time has made good players become great players. Average players have become good players and bad players have become average players. That's a recipe for success. 

7 hours ago, VonG said:

Jv lost 17-0. You could tell the freshman didn't have all of their players since the best ones are on jv and varsity. I also told y'all that they had some talent in this freshman class at Lee. 3 Lakes has some talent last year. They just couldn't put it together as a team, but they had some good individual players. Coaching can bring out the best in your development as a player. We are seeing that at Lee now. Coach Willis in his very short time has made good players become great players. Average players have become good players and bad players have become average players. That's a recipe for success. 

both Boulter and Moore had A and B teams and now there is a total of 40 freshman in the program.   Is it Covid.  They had at least 50 last yr.    

1 minute ago, JTFAN99 said:

both Boulter and Moore had A and B teams and now there is a total of 40 freshman in the program.   Is it Covid.  They had at least 50 last yr.    

I don't know what it is. JT just got a bad draw. I actually thought when Tisd was going to redraw the lines, it was going to be good for JT. Turns out, it's the worst thing they could have done. 

9 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

JT Fresh lost 36-6

JT JV lost 14-0.

I figured both could lose, but a little shocked by the freshman margin of victory. Boulter and Moore both blewout Hubbard and Three Lakes last yr.  

Are either of the two QBs on the freshmen team?

2 hours ago, VonG said:

I don't know what it is. JT just got a bad draw. I actually thought when Tisd was going to redraw the lines, it was going to be good for JT. Turns out, it's the worst thing they could have done. 

I didn't.  I knew JT was going to get the short end.  They made Legacy zone larger than it was before and they took away areas of the west side from JT, like around Lindsey Park and over by Rose Stadium.    

How is it all the growth is in south Tyler, but they have a larger school zone.  

16 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

yea. and he is on their JV .

Same place he was going to be on if he would have stayed at JT. He would have eventually moved up to varsity. His moma has to realized he just came back to JT. He missed all of the summer workouts and you expect Coach Holmes just to make him the starting qb on varsity. Where do they do that at?

1 minute ago, VonG said:

Same place he was going to be on if he would have stayed at JT. He would have eventually moved up to varsity. His moma has to realized he just came back to JT. He missed all of the summer workouts and you expect Coach Holmes just to make him the starting qb on varsity. Where do they do that at?

ITwould be so funny if he ends up back at Tyler lol

15 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

I didn't.  I knew JT was going to get the short end.  They made Legacy zone larger than it was before and they took away areas of the west side from JT, like around Lindsey Park and over by Rose Stadium.    

How is it all the growth is in south Tyler, but they have a larger school zone.  

I don't blame Lee for that. All of that falls on the school board for allowing that nonsense. 

31 minutes ago, VonG said:

not exactly.  Schools that small don't have freshman teams, so the JV is their freshman team.  He should have stayed at JT because he could have had a real shot at starting next yr.   I wish him luck.  

33 minutes ago, VonG said:

I don't blame Lee for that. All of that falls on the school board for allowing that nonsense. 

exactly.  Kids in Butler College should be going to JT. Much closer than Lee. 

I know alot of kids in Lee zone end up at Privates or charters but that's not JT's fault.  They are zoning in a way that favors Lee from an athletic point. 

1 minute ago, JTFAN99 said:

not exactly.  Schools that small don't have freshman teams, so the JV is their freshman team.  He should have stayed at JT because he could have had a real shot at starting next yr.   I wish him luck.  

That's understood. He was on jv at JT. How would that look for Coach Holmes to put him on varsity off the rip and he hasn't been there all summer. What kind of message does that send to the other kids who worked there buts off all summer and they still on the freshman team? He was going to be the future qb but he had to work for it. Just can't hand you the keys and you haven't earned it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VonG said:

That's understood. He was on jv at JT. How would that look for Coach Holmes to put him on varsity off the rip and he hasn't been there all summer. What kind of message does that send to the other kids who worked there buts off all summer and they still on the freshman team? He was going to be the future qb but he had to work for it. Just can't hand you the keys and you haven't earned it. 

I mean if had a Kyler Murray  come transfer in I wouldnt care lol 

1 hour ago, VonG said:

I don't think so. The dude is way better passer than the qb from Boulter. His mechanics are off the charts. 

I think he will beat him out because obviously you can't trust if the kid will stay in the program.  It wasn't because of talent, although cujo83 said he like the qb from Boulter better....so maybe its something to it. He ain't on varsity for nothing.